Struggling to think of a single player that had a good game for us today...

Big Turk

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know where this narrative came from, I think Allen forced maybe 2 or 3 passes to Diggs that he shouldn't have. Sometimes QBs force the ball to their #1 WR. That is the last thing that concerns me about the offense tonight. If Allen was not going through his progressions that is a different problem. The all-22 will be helpful.

Agreed. I recall Herbert forcing a ball to Mike Williams in double or triple coverage last night and big Mike came down with it I think to set them up for what should have been the game winning field goal. Diggs isn't as big as Williams but he is still great at making contested catches.

But it was an odd game plan. Most everything short within 10-15 yards and Beasley sees zero targets in the first half and then goes off in the second half. Very different from what we saw in the first four games. 

27 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Diggs had 3 drops by my count

Diggs 16 targets, 10 receptions...106 yards tho :D

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I thought Beasley played well when the ball was thrown his way. 

Cole caught 6 of 6 targets for 53 yards

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Those two or three passes killed drives and on those two or three passes he had an open receiver, one of them Beasley where he was looking right at him and chose to throw it into triple coverage. That’s on Josh not Daboll. Daboll did his job scheming a receiver open and starting joshs read there. 

Okay but 2 or 3 passes does not define his day. He still completed 63% of his passes including a few of his usual wow throws that we're starting to take for granted. I think the Titans did a good job of confusing him and taking away the crossing routes he's excelled on this year. Daboll IMO did not call a good game, which isn't to say it was terrible. Allen also did not play at the standard he set in the first 4 games. Neither did the receivers for that matter. There's equal blame to go all around. No one on offense was terrible but no one really stepped up either, Daboll included.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Okay but 2 or 3 passes does not define his day. He still completed 63% of his passes including a few or his usual wow throws that we're starting to take for granted. I think the Titans did a good job of confusing him and taking away the crossing routes he's excelled on this year. Daboll IMO did not call a good game, which isn't to say it was terrible. Allen also did not play at the standard he set in the first 4 games. Neither did the receivers for that matter. There's equal blame to go all around. No one on offense was terrible but no one really stepped up either, Daboll included.

Where did I say it defined his day? You were blaming daboll for not getting Beasley involved in the first half. I pointed out a couple plays where Beasley was open, Josh looked at him and forced it to Diggs. 

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Still not sure why this guy doesn't get more playing time.

I've been saying this since last year. Yeldon was 100x better than Gore and is about twice as good as Moss. Tonight he was arguably better than Singletary. Supposedly he has some horrible fumbling problem but I've never seen it pop up before. I think we could at least utilize him in the quick passing game more.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Where did I say it defined his day? You were blaming daboll for not getting Beasley involved in the first half. I pointed out a couple plays where Beasley was open, Josh looked at him and forced it to Diggs. 

So you're saying in the 2nd half out of nowhere Allen was seeing Beasley open? Looked to me like Daboll realized he was matched up against a rookie slot corner and modified his game plan too late to matter. The announcers were pointing it out all through the 1st half. Again I'm not saying Allen is blameless or that he didn't miss some open receivers but I don't think we attacked the Titans where we should have.

Edited by HappyDays

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So you're saying in the 2nd half out of nowhere Allen was seeing Beasley open? Looked to me like Daboll realized he was matched up against a rookie slot corner and modified his game plan too late to matter. The announcers were pointing it all through the 1st half. Again I'm not saying Allen is blameless or that he didn't miss some open receivers but I don't think we attacked the Titans where we should have.

I’m saying Allen is to blame for not throwing it to Beasley when he’s open. One play he looked at him for a while and didn’t throw it. Do you think daboll tells Allen he has to throw it to Diggs even if he’s triple covered and just ignore the wide open receiver? No, you go through your reads and find the open man. 

Edit- Misread 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I’m saying Allen is to blame for not throwing it to Beasley when he’s open. Do you think daboll tells Allen he has to throw it to Diggs even if he’s triple covered and just ignore the wide open receiver? No you go through your reads and find the open man. 

So forcing it to a triple covered Diggs instead of a wide open Beasley is attacking them where we should have? Thank god you have nothing to do with this team. 

You're talking about a single play. I'm talking about the overall game plan. When the offense comes out after halftime and suddenly Beasley is getting fed, that's an adjustment that Daboll made. I don't even know what the 1st half game plan was. The way it played out, it was get 3 yards on 1st and 2nd down and then hope nothing goes wrong on 3rd down. We should have been taking advantage of their rookie slot corner early and often and used that to open up routes downfield. I'll credit Daboll for adjusting in the 2nd half, it's not his fault the defense was awful and Allen threw a bad interception.

Beasley.

Then again, Beasley is always under utilized unfortunately. He could justifiably be a larger portion of our offensive gameplan every game, but it seems like either McDermott, Daboll or Allen forget about how versatile & reliable he is week in & week out.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You're talking about a single play. I'm talking about the overall game plan. When the offense comes out after halftime and suddenly Beasley is getting fed, that's an adjustment that Daboll made. I don't even know what the 1st half game plan was. The way it played out, it was get 3 yards on 1st and 2nd down and then hope nothing goes wrong on 3rd down. We should have been taking advantage of their rookie slot corner early and often and used that to open up routes downfield. I'll credit Daboll for adjusting in the 2nd half, it's not his fault the defense was awful and Allen threw a bad interception.

I feel like I’m talking to a brick wall

1 hour ago, Success said:

The punter.  That punt COULD have turned the game.

I’ve been as much of a critic as anyone of Bojorquez but he hit 2 bombs from their own end. Unfortunately the first one out kicked the coverage.  64 yard average!  Wow!