Frazier’s Gotta Be Fired

corta765

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m a fan of Frazier but his play calling has been a little suspect totally predictable, apparently first qtr of this season. If KC just plows through us with zero resistance then I might start putting Frazier under the magnifying glass.

I will put it out there: I am very "look at the choo-choo!" when it comes to diagnosing defensive coverage from film, especially when teams line up indicating one coverage then change at the snap. 

But too many people whose football chops and ability to do this I respect are saying that the Bills have become very predictable in their coverages, allowing other teams to know exactly which personnel have which assignment and scheme to exploit them.

That's one of the reasons our defensive results this year have been disappointing, and even if all our players get healthy and we make other changes like more snaps to the more successful DL, we're not going to play our best defense until the coaches self-scout and fix this predictibility.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

it was more to some others I chose not to reply to. 

my bad 

10-4. I was just pointing out that I don't like to use 2018 stats when talking about the current coaching staff, including McDermott. That year was the "tank" year of the rebuild and somewhat of an anomaly that is not reflective (in my opinion) of how good our coaching staff is overall.

Edited by CLTbills

22 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Frazier does not need to be fired. The defense had some key guys out and also had a bad game. 

they have had multiple bad games. 

Fitz sliced them open, blew a 28-3 lead vs the Rams, and until the final few drives could not stop Carr throwing to backup WR's 

We have a glaring hole in the center of our D-Line, no pass-rush, depleted secondary and LBs that can't cover in space and we haven't brought anyone in for a look!? We we're in on the Bell negotiations...an RB!? We need help on the defense bad! I just don't understand what we're doing.

this isn't the ***** Bills- stay the course. Frazier has been around a long time and is very well respected, McDermott is also a smart defensive coordinator. I'm putting my money on those two figuring it out by Halloween. Last week was such a f'd up situation I really wouldn't put too much on it, you miss 4 or 5 starters on anybody's defense you gonna feel it on top of everything else. I do think we are seeing the value of Star even though he doesn't "do anything. Long season you don't play your best in september/october just find a way to win.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

We have a glaring hole in the center of our D-Line, no pass-rush, depleted secondary and LBs that can't cover in space and we haven't brought anyone in for a look!? We we're in on the Bell negotiations...an RB!? We need help on the defense bad! I just don't understand what we're doing.

The dline just isn't working together.  Hughes taking snaps on his off side has been troubling since the communication hasn't been great.  

Caught up field in the run game, letting clean blockers to the 2nd level, losing outside contain on run blitzes, losing outside contain on pass plays.  I think some of the run fits have been bad, especially johnson.  

Edited by dneveu

On 10/13/2020 at 9:52 PM, corta765 said:

Enough of enough with the defense. I get injuries happen and they were playing short handed. But the overall scope of this season the defense has been an embarrassment and a shell of last year. They look lost regularly, unprepared, and their situational football is atrocious. The amount of 3rd and longs all season that keep being converted is unreal.

Right now the Bills are behind KC TEN BAL NE PIT in terms of ranking in conference. All of those teams have defenses that will do better and unless Allen and the offense is literally perfect game in game out we’re toast against the big boys.

Fire Frazier let McD take back play calling and send a firm message to the defense this isn’t good enough. I truly don’t believe anything else will send a strong enough message they don’t have the leaders like Zo or Kyle to get these guys in line.

HOLY S**T BALLS 2 years of top 5 D and they have 1 season with a 4 & 1 record (I'll give you the D needs to improve) but you want to start a new already could this be why the Bills were with out a play off for 17 yrs ? 🤔 KC is having D troubles too after a SB championship so scrap it and move on !! 

Sometimes it takes a bit to get going & it seems with our Bills usually have one or the other a great D or now a really good offense but i hope the chemistry on the D line given the new players comes around as the yr goes on then starts to click inn there play off run but fire the D coordinator/ asst HC i'm thinking that's a knee jerk reaction at this point  !! 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, CardinalScotts said:

this isn't the ***** Bills- stay the course. Frazier has been around a long time and is very well respected, McDermott is also a smart defensive coordinator. I'm putting my money on those two figuring it out by Halloween. Last week was such a f'd up situation I really wouldn't put too much on it, you miss 4 or 5 starters on anybody's defense you gonna feel it on top of everything else. I do think we are seeing the value of Star even though he doesn't "do anything. Long season you don't play your best in september/october just find a way to win.

Figuring it out by Halloween implies that we have the talent on the field necessary to make successful adjustments.

I'm not sure we do.   This is a product of both injury, and scouting.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:59 PM, Dr.Sack said:

Yeah let’s blame the coaches. 

One could say they are the ones not getting their message across, it’s their job to scheme with the talent they have, otherwise it says our players are not smart or good enough to understand and implement the scheme the coaches are invested in. What scenario do you choose to believe?  I suspect it’s actually a bit of both, compounded by injuries to our lynchpin players on that side of the ball. Perfect storm so to speak, just my opinion...

Go Bills!!!

It's ok to be skeptical. But like a previous post stated, we are 4-1 and have had top ranked def the past few years. We have guys banged up also. Let's be patient and see how things go. Defense throughout the whole league has been awful. Especially with spread offenses passing 80% of the time. I really don't think coaching is the problem here. The players haven't played to their potential. My guess is that it will come, they will get better. But this is not a top 5 defense anymore clearly.