Frazier’s Gotta Be Fired

corta765

41 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Well the 2018 team stunk.  Peterman and Derek Anderson started in 4 of those blowouts.  The packers game was an early Allen shellshock game where he just got sacked a ton.

2019 Eagles - they ran the ball all day in a windy game.  

This year - the dline is clearly not gelled yet.  I don't know that you just start firing people at 4-1 though.

Defense in  2018  was #18 overall.  

#2 it total yards

#1 in passing yards

#16 in rushing yards

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/opp.htm

those blowouts stick out as bad play calling 

the 2017 team was in the playoffs.   the D couldn't have been that bad

I mean, really stunk would have been #28 or below.  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

You know what you get when the opposing team faces an offense that scores around 30 points each game? 27-31-35-30...

They know that they will need to score a lot of points to keep up so they usually go all out on offense to do just that. In the case of the Titans, they just had the oblong spheroid bounce their way this game and got rolling. 

Derrick Henry 19 carries for 57 yards, a 3.0 YPC AVG. So the Bills pretty much contained Henry. It was that play action with Tallywhacker playing pretty well that got them. Tally also did his Josh Allen impression with 4 runs for 42 yards and a TD.

This Titans game was more about an entire team loss, penalties on both sides of the ball. Allen with two picks and one was clearly his fault. Singletary got stuffed. The game plan on offense didn't work.

The Titans were fired up to play an undefeated team and after two weeks of down time were rested and ready. Buffalo looked anything but ready to play the Titans. I think they were looking past Tennessee to the Chiefs and got sucker punched. 

Nobody fires their DC after five games with many injuries to key players. Both starting corners out along with Milano. Several defensive players nursing injuries. 

One word...relax! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

#2 it total yards

#1 in passing yards

#16 in rushing yards

Well the offense was 30th in points, yards, and turnovers.  In the 5 mentioned blowouts the team turned the ball over 16 times.  I'm not so sure the 2018 defensive playcalling was responsible for these 2018 blowouts. 

Week 1 Baltimore - the offense had 10 first downs and 2 turnovers.  Peterman had 2 picks, and Bojo dropped a punt that they recovered in the redzone.  I don't know a defense that can help that inept of an offense.

Week 4 GB - 11 First downs, 145 yards, 3 turnovers, 0 points. They literally couldn't have won this game since the offense scored no points

I don't know that I need to go on tbh.  The offense scored 23 total points in the 5 2018 blowouts.  That's less than 5 points per game.  They almost averaged the same number of turnovers as points.  

I'm just saying - there weren't halftime adjustments to be made in these 2018 blowouts.  The team was bad - they were going to lose those games.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

enough times  like after every huge blowout   ie  18 or more points 

2018 Twice is September - Ravens (with Flacco) and Packers,  then 3 weeks later blowouts in 3 straight weeks against the Colts (with A Luck), Pats and Bears (with Mitchell Trubisky

2019 Eagles

2020 Titans

Poor half time adjustments. 

The Bills lost Saq and Phillips.  Two good players.  Is it really because of their loss and youth?  

Ergo my faith in Frazier is weak. 

Blowouts are not the responsibility of the defense. Blowouts only happen when the offense doesn't score, so the offense has a great deal of the responsibility. The whole team is responsible for a blowout, and this one was even much more so than usual.

The Titans had three drive starts inside the Bills 20. THREE!!! And another on the 30.

The defense wasn't good. But to put all the blame on them for the blowout ... shows only that you're missing the point.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 10/13/2020 at 10:52 PM, corta765 said:

Fire Frazier let McD take back play calling and send a firm message to the defense this isn’t good enough. I truly don’t believe anything else will send a strong enough message they don’t have the leaders like Zo or Kyle to get these guys in line.

When you can afford to become owner of Bills and decide to become a Jerry Jones I'll listen to "MUST".

When front office listen to fans is when they MUST be fired.

12 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

#2 it total yards

#1 in passing yards

#16 in rushing yards

That's number two overall. Defenses are ranked by total yards allowed, and for good reason. The defense's responsibility for total yards is around 95%. A few defenses have to defend against fewer or more drives, so that's a factor, but

Whereas points allowed measures the rest of the team a great deal more. Individual drives are massively affected by drive start. That doesn't matter in terms of yards because overall average drive start is greatly similar for every team over the course of the season.

But expected scoring isn't affected nearly as much by average start.

Probably something on the order of 30% of the responsibility for scoring allowed rests on the offense and STs. Yards has a major effect on field position (duh), for both the offense and defense. Every drive is important, not just scoring drives.

Average yards per drive is an even better look at defensive performance.

12 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Seriously?  Zero? 

I would say it's something more than zero.

Maybe not much more, but more.

This is true. He could be caught standing over a dead body holding a bloody knife and screaming, "I told you I'd kill you, and you didn't believe me. What do you think now that I stabbed you over and over again until you died?"

On 10/15/2020 at 7:36 AM, High Football IQ said:

Not sure if it's been posted yet but the Bills are on pace to give up the most yards and points in franchise history.

I know they have had rough patches and slow starts under this regime but the fact of the matter is this is completely unacceptable and at what point do you look at Beane and McDermott and blame accordingly, especially when they insist on keep signing players and coaches from Carolina. Did both tout Eric Washington as the best D-line coach in the league? That sure is working out and the two players he brought with him are worthless and massive downgrades from Phillips/Lawson.

How many other teams are on the same kind of pace in this season when the NFL is scoring far more points and churning out far more yards than ever before? And how much more likely is that to happen when your team is scoring a ton of points and other teams fall behind?

9 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

How many other teams are on the same kind of pace in this season when the NFL is scoring far more points and churning out far more yards than ever before? And how much more likely is that to happen when your team is scoring a ton of points and other teams fall behind?

Don't confuse him with facts.

20 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

enough times  like after every huge blowout   ie  18 or more points 

2018 Twice is September - Ravens (with Flacco) and Packers,  then 3 weeks later blowouts in 3 straight weeks against the Colts (with A Luck), Pats and Bears (with Mitchell Trubisky

2019 Eagles

2020 Titans

Poor half time adjustments. 

The Bills lost Saq and Phillips.  Two good players.  Is it really because of their loss and youth?  

Ergo my faith in Frazier is weak. 

You're using 2018 as any type of gauge? We were an overall bad team in 2018 with a gazillion dollars in dead cap space. I would write off anything that happened in 2018, as that was our "gutted" year of the rebuild. So that leaves one game last year, and one game this year. And the Titans game - yeah, we lost by a bunch. But find me a d-coordinator whose defense isnt going to give up a bunch of points with 3 drives starting INSIDE THEIR OWN RED ZONE and a fourth that started at the 30. Could they have played better? Absolutely.

But is the world falling because of "points"? No, because there's a lot more that goes into it than that. The offense and special teams gave them horrific field position all night, and that was still a 11-point game midway through the fourth quarter.

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

You're using 2018 as any type of gauge? We were an overall bad team in 2018 with a gazillion dollars in dead cap space. I would write off anything that happened in 2018, as that was our "gutted" year of the rebuild. So that leaves one game last year, and one game this year. And the Titans game - yeah, we lost by a bunch. But find me a d-coordinator whose defense isnt going to give up a bunch of points with 3 drives starting INSIDE THEIR OWN RED ZONE and a fourth that started at the 30. Could they have played better? Absolutely.

But is the world falling because of "points"? No, because there's a lot more that goes into it than that. The offense and special teams gave them horrific field position all night, and that was still a 11-point game midway through the fourth quarter.

I was using historical data to support a theory. 

go back and read my posts. 

I throw shade on Frazier’s abilities 

I don’t believe I directly said he should be fired.  

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I was using historical data to support a theory. 

go back and read my posts. 

I throw shade on Frazier’s abilities 

I don’t believe I directly said he should be fired.  

I never once stated in my post that you said he should be fired.