Frazier’s Gotta Be Fired

corta765

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

So we are cool with the defense allowing an average out 32.5 pts a game not including the Jets who are a NCAA division 3 team? I get tired of the injury excuse because every team has injuries and you have to be able to overcome that. We have the 30th ranked 3rd down defense in the league they can't get off the field. The adjustments don't exist, the defense makes no impact plays, and in general they look figured out by opposing offenses and lack luster energy wise. Coordinators are fired all the time sometimes its a good way to jolt awake an otherwise non responding unit.

No one is happy with the D, but right now is not the time to fire anyone for the reasons I already mentioned. Frazier is a damn good DC- it wasn’t him that let J. Phillips walk and it wasnt him that decided Star would opt out. He certainly did not sign Josh Norman who has nothing left...I could go on and on but I think we understand each other.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Why does any head coach need coordinators?

Because the head coach has way too many things he  needs to take care of. And McDermott and Frazier both come from Jim Johnson's lineage, and both run a version of his defense

So they both had the same mentor, and both likely see the game very similar

So it's probably easy to bounce ideas off each other, and work together on a common game plan

haven’t we seen enough blowouts where McD took over the play calling?

(yes we have). 

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

haven’t we seen enough blowouts where McD took over the play calling?

(yes we have). 

McDermott has on record only taken over play calling once. And he gave it right back to Frazier After the game

What goes on behind closed doors we don't know, but McDermott said he gave Frazier play calling duties right back, and he has never publicly said he took them away again

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

McDermott has on record only taken over play calling once. And he gave it right back to Frazier After the game

What goes on behind closed doors we don't know, but McDermott said he gave Frazier play calling duties right back, and he has never publicly said he took them away again

Correct

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

They seem vanilla/predictable because the front seven (pick your combo) simply cannot beat their man in passing situations with any regularity. Not having a pass rush makes every opposing offense look good. Same goes for the Bills - Allen is mostly untouched back there. 

TENN had probably 2/3 plays at the top of my head where they had a free rusher at allen as soon as he basically snapped the ball. Whether that was a corner that disguised his blitz, or a linebacker looping around.

I guess that is my point when it comes to Frazier. Didn't see anything like that. It was just predictable rush 4, or a really predictable blitz.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah first down has been killer all year for us. Also one thing I've noticed, is McDermott and Frazier have not been dialing up dual a gap disguises as frequently as in the past on 3rd down

Maybe they're saving them so they're not all on tape

But McDermott and Frazier loved showing double a gap looks and then dropping into quarters or man with an occasional overload

And he was really good at confusing quarterbacks with it. And it's somewhat disappeared this year

...what's your assessment as to why my friend?....last year it was the offensive hiccups which seemed to have been address so far in 2020.....never saw the precipitous drop from penthouse to outhouse so far in 2020 (yes it is early and there are injuries and youth still learning).........is it "either or" mode?....

• Like (+1) 1

I don't like to make excuses, but when you take Milano and Tre White out of the equation the Buffalo Bills are not the same football team.

Arguably our two MVP's on D IMO. 

Facing one of the best teams in the NFL.

If Buffalo's O does what it has been doing we're not even discussing this IMO.

Losing the turnover battle kills you...

Edited by Figster

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

I don't like to make excuses, but when you take Milano and Tre White out of the equation the Buffalo Bills are not the same football team.

Arguably our two MVP's on D IMO. 

Facing one of the best teams in the NFL.

If Buffalo's O does what it has been doing we're not even discussing this IMO.

Losing the turnover battle kills you...

...good call 'Fig......and now we're back to the Edmunds blame game for a 20 something.....stud...dud......stud...dud...he sucks......then we have Ed Oliver...rinse and repeat followed by Espensa.....SMH......wanna be drafted by Blfo and go through the TBD Expert Gauntlet?........

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...good call 'Fig......and now we're back to the Edmunds blame game for a 20 something.....stud...dud......stud...dud...he sucks......then we have Ed Oliver...rinse and repeat followed by Espensa.....SMH......wanna be drafted by Blfo and go through the TBD Expert Gauntlet?........

Problem with your theory:

They have all sucked on ice.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so why the drop?...doesn't ice eventually "melt"?......

There was never a solid level of play from any of them.

Edmunds flashed a little and Ed's had like one really good game.

Empanada hasn't done anything other than get penalties called on himself.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

There was never a solid level of play from any of them.

Edmunds flashed a little and Ed's had like one really good game.

Empanada hasn't done anything other than get penalties called on himself.

...so is Frazier the right guy to bring along and develop youth or has Beane woefully missed in draft choices?......

19 hours ago, corta765 said:

Enough of enough with the defense. I get injuries happen and they were playing short handed. But the overall scope of this season the defense has been an embarrassment and a shell of last year. They look lost regularly, unprepared, and their situational football is atrocious. The amount of 3rd and longs all season that keep being converted is unreal.

Right now the Bills are behind KC TEN BAL NE PIT in terms of ranking in conference. All of those teams have defenses that will do better and unless Allen and the offense is literally perfect game in game out we’re toast against the big boys.

Fire Frazier let McD take back play calling and send a firm message to the defense this isn’t good enough. I truly don’t believe anything else will send a strong enough message they don’t have the leaders like Zo or Kyle to get these guys in line.

🤣🤣🤣

when the defense does well some folks on this board give McD the credit like Frazier doesn’t exist.  When the defense does poorly it’s all Frazier’s fault. 🙄  They both hold responsibility.  Frazier is running the show.  McD is involved in his ways I’m sure.  Frazier is the D coordinator because they have similar views on defense.  They want pressure from the front four.  They will send pressure but don’t seem to prefer it. 

Current issue is the defensive line hasn’t been getting enough pressure and the players they need to be difference makers are not playing at that level.  LBs are struggling too.  That’s putting pressure on the DBs.  Domino effect.

Edited by purple haze

Remember when people wanted Daboll fired last season?  I was actually pretty close to wanting it but not quite there yet.  Turns out he just needed a little more talent and some improvement out of the existing guys.

Frazier is a good coach that had no talent on the field last night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1