Frazier’s Gotta Be Fired

corta765

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

In terms of who is the best. Buffalo got exposed and I wouldn’t bet the Bills to beat any of those teams. Once the Bills lose to KC next week they’ll be back down conference tie breaker wise

So you meant to say based on arbitrary rankings?

6 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Zero targets to Beasley in the first half.  Brown was out and Andre Roberts was getting early targets in the game.  Plus Yeldon saw a fair amount of playing time.  I found the game plan rather confusing TBH.

There was a few times in the first half where Beasley or Davis were wide open and Allen forced it to a double or triple covered Diggs. I think that’s more on Allen needing to through his reads and finding the open guy than the game plan. 

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I haven't soured on edmunds, cuz the whole D sucks.  I think he's to stiff, too lite, and underpowered to rush outside

He’s the same size as clowney. Maybe not as strong but he’s much faster. He could 100% speed rush from the outside. He may never get home, but it should free the middle and occupy the right tackle. 

The biggest problem with this defense is the lack of pass rush.  McDermott's scheme has always relied on getting to the QB with 4, maybe 5.  Right now, they are bringing 6 at times and not even sniffing the QB.

The scheme is fine if you have the pieces to run it.  Right now, they don't have the dogs up front to get after the QB.  Add that to having your 2 top CBs and your best LB out, along with an absolute disaster of a player in Johnson trying to play slot CB, you are just asking for trouble.  Just don't have the horses to run what they have the last few years.

What's the answer?  I don't know.  But the Bills are missing 2 good CBs, better depth at LB, and a game-wrecker on the D-Line.  Those just aren't guys you can go out an find on the street right now.  If ZO was ready and willing, I'd take him over the other garbage we have at LB right now, though.

• Like (+1) 3

Wow, all of this after 1 loss?

Yes the D has not looked championship caliber but neither has any other. News Flash! There is an Offensive Explosion going on in the NFL right now.

They seemed to start clicking last week in Vegas. They go into this game down 3 main contributors on D and things don't go well. Surprised? You shouldn't be. That's a pretty tall order for any DC going up against a good team.

6 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

That play was a totally blown assignment by the safety and to a leaser extent, the cb. Safety dropped back too far and reacted too late. It wasn’t a bad play call, it was horrible execution. Shades of Edmunds in the playoff game sitting too deep. 

Why weren’t they coached not to do those things. They’ve been in the defense for years. I think they know where to line up. We’ve been beat on third and long a lot. Teams figured the defense out. Buffalo716 broke that down earlier in the thread. If the offfense knows what’s gonna be called and we call it, wouldn’t that make it a bad play call?

He's never been great but any DC would struggle their defensive backs. A spent Norman and #47 ,who looked confused and was practicing Social distancing in coverage. A linebacking corp with AJ Klein and an injured and struggling Edmunds along with Dodson. The D-line gets no pressure and take silly penalties. What happened to Oliver and Hughes could be finished. Sean is responsible for the team not being prepared and Beane is the architect. Bottom line is there is little quality depth on defense. Frazier is not the problem. Did he get stupid since last year.?

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s the same size as clowney. Maybe not as strong but he’s much faster. He could 100% speed rush from the outside. He may never get home, but it should free the middle and occupy the right tackle. 

That's what we pay JH to do.  Speed rush n dream you're getting home.  I just dont see ANY edge rusher in Ed

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why weren’t they coached not to do those things. They’ve been in the defense for years. I think they know where to line up. We’ve been beat on third and long a lot. Teams figured the defense out. Buffalo716 broke that down earlier in the thread. If the offfense knows what’s gonna be called and we call it, wouldn’t that make it a bad play call?

I dunno, I mean there’s a lot to be upset about with the D, but I think it’s clear we just don’t have as good of players as we had before. But on the flip side, our offense has been great before tonight. I think I’ll take that trend overall in today’s nfl. We were always the “good D, good running game” team while we were searching for a QB. We won’t win them all but I think I like the construction of this team better than that. We usually should have a chance to overcome when the D isn’t quite up to the task. A lot of “good” teams around the league have been like this. 

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

That's what we pay JH to do.  Speed rush n dream you're getting home.  I just dont see ANY edge rusher in Ed

Hughes hasn’t been much of a speed rusher for a couple years imo. He mostly just bull rushes now from what plays I’ve watched him. 

59 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Frazier isn't the problem

McDermotts scheme has been figured out. McDermott needs to adjust his scheme with Frazier

Teams know what the bills run on first second and third down, this is the fourth year of the defense on tape.

They both need to adjust

Come on now, is there a chance that missing White, Milano and Wallace, among others, might play a little bit of a factor? That is two CRITICAL parts and a role player. The Lakers are still playing without AD in the lineup. Parts matter as much as scheme. 

I know you know that. It’s a rough night. We will bounce back. 

GO BILLS! 

Overreaction Tuesday is a cool new thing! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a point.  Here's a question: the Bills last year were known for confusing and deceptive pass coverage.  Have they abandoned that, or has it been solved?

I think it all started with the Patroits and has continued this year. The Bills defense is TERRIBLE against  playaction. Its terrible against playaction because our linebackers have NO AWARENESS. We are more equipped to match up vs the chiefs than against most running teams in the league

Edited by Protocal69

34 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I get regression that’s to be expected especially on defense but they are one of the top 5 worst units. That’s a lot more then just being a middling unit and it’s killing the team. 

Besides all the change in personnel from last season, Hughes, Oliver and Edmunds are not playing as well as last year. Nothing is really working right now. The new players on the line this season haven't been adequate replacements.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Come on now, is there a chance that missing White, Milano and Wallace, among others, might play a little bit of a factor? That is two CRITICAL parts and a role player. The Lakers are still playing without AD in the lineup. Parts matter as much as scheme. 

I know you know that. It’s a rough night. We will bounce back. 

GO BILLS! 

In fairness, the D this year is nowhere near as good as it's been the past few years.

I'll leave it to the football mensa as to why, but it wasn't just tonight IMO. 

Just one loss, but with the KC juggernaut up next, I'm 'concerned'.

Regardless, GO BILLS!

13 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

In fairness, the D this year is nowhere near as good as it's been the past few years.

I'll leave it to the football mensa as to why, but it wasn't just tonight IMO. 

Just one loss, but with the KC juggernaut up next, I'm 'concerned'.

Regardless, GO BILLS!

I’m also concerned, but I’m not panicking yet. Start 4-1, and hope to finish strong. That has a nice ring to me! 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

you want us to get rid of the most competent coach we've had since Marv left?

That’s not saying much, but no I don’t want to get rid of him. I said wait to gather more info on how he performs against good teams. 

Can he win a Super Bowl? Or are we just happy to make the playoffs?