Frazier’s Gotta Be Fired

corta765

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Frazier isn't the problem

McDermotts scheme has been figured out. McDermott needs to adjust his scheme with Frazier

Teams know what the bills run on first second and third down, this is the fourth year of the defense on tape.

They both need to adjust

McD's scheme depends on having that huge space-pig (as my brother likes to call them) to tie up blockers an allow the rest of the line and linebackers to penetrate more freely and make plays.  That helps the secondary.  When Star opted out, that impacted the scheme and the individual players severely.  Would Edmunds and Oliver have regressed this badly if Star were playing?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

McDermotts scheme has been figured out. McDermott needs to adjust his scheme with Frazier

Teams know what the bills run on first second and third down, this is the fourth year of the defense on tape.

They both need to adjust

It's a point.  Here's a question: the Bills last year were known for confusing and deceptive pass coverage.  Have they abandoned that, or has it been solved?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

That is true. But Frazier does call the plays. And they seem very vanilla/predictable.

you seem to have totally ignored the “McD has pulled play calling from Frazier in the past. We haven’t seen it yet this season” part of my post. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They both need to adjust

Are we running the same scheme as the last few years? Seems like we’re playing a lot more man.

The defense overall just looks lost and are thinking way too much. If it was just a couple players ok but it’s all of them. We haven’t had any answers for it in 5 games. 

• Like (+1) 1

I dont think you can coach losing star... yeah I said it. Jordan Howard and Shaq. Especially without suitable replacements. Its a numbers game BUT if this goes on again next year you may be right. Im not sure McDermott didnt have a hand in the plays called

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They both need to adjust

McDermott just said on the press conference that we have to get there with our front four. Why other teams rush more than four,   If it’s not working then change your scheme Seems like the head coach is hardheaded Playing that vanilla defense

Seems like we always give up a field goal or a touchdown before the half! That’s horrible defense it doesn’t prevent anything. 

To be honest our zone defense has been getting picked apart all season

Sometimes you need to rely on your guys jamming wide receivers and disrupting there route

Press coverage is the easiest skill for an NFL corner, and you have to believe your defensive line will get home within 15 yards

The book is out how to attack McDermott's defense in all situations. They're going to need to rescheme some things

McDermott's MO for 4 years has been press coverage on 3rd down and long, not just tonight

Those are fair points and I appreciate your response.

Something has definitely got to change as it’s ugly right now.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

you seem to have totally ignored the “McD has pulled play calling from Frazier in the past. We haven’t seen it yet this season” part of my post. 

Ah Sorry bud I did miss that. My apologies.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a point.  Here's a question: the Bills last year were known for confusing and deceptive pass coverage.  Have they abandoned that, or has it been solved?

both IMO. They seem to rest their laurels on scheme and players are not making plays

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's been solved. McDermott has bluffed cover two shells on first down while playing cover 3 for 4 years. He will also bluff a cover three shell and go to quarters

If I know he does that 70% of the time other NFL coaches do

He also either press man's, or goes quarter coverage on third down majority of the time. Teams have figured out his tendencies and are now using them against him

On third down it's easy to see if he's in press man or a cover 4 look and you can audible to the appropriate play call

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

FIFY

four and I stopped drinking and went to Mountain Dew.  Just really think the defense needs a sizable shake up, coordinators change across the league a bunch it happens

12 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Enough of enough with the defense. I get injuries happen and they were playing short handed. But the overall scope of this season the defense has been an embarrassment and a shell of last year. They look lost regularly, unprepared, and their situational football is atrocious. The amount of 3rd and longs all season that keep being converted is unreal.

Right now the Bills are behind KC TEN BAL NE PIT in terms of ranking in conference. All of those teams have defenses that will do better and unless Allen and the offense is literally perfect game in game out we’re toast against the big boys.

Fire Frazier let McD take back play calling and send a firm message to the defense this isn’t good enough. I truly don’t believe anything else will send a strong enough message they don’t have the leaders like Zo or Kyle to get these guys in line.

FWIW, people before the game were predicting 150 yds for Henry.  He gained 58.  All the big runs belonged to Tannehill.

I believe this is the second week that Frazier basically kind of sold out to stop the run.  That depends on the DB being able to hold up in coverage, but without Tre we couldn't.

Just as Josh Allen was pressing his passes, our D was pressing - all the pre-snap penalties. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Fire Frazier let McD take back play calling and send a firm message to the defense this isn’t good enough. I truly don’t believe anything else will send a strong enough message they don’t have the leaders like Zo or Kyle to get these guys in line.

So you're saying Leslie isn't going to get one of the head coaching gigs this offseason?  I've heard that a few times nationally and had to laugh.

After tonight, Daboll isn't looking so hot either.  

It's been solved. McDermott has bluffed cover two shells on first down while playing cover 3 for 4 years. He will also bluff a cover three shell and go to quarters

He also either press man's, or goes quarter coverage on third down majority of the time. Teams have figured out his tendencies and are now using them against him

On third down it's easy to see if he's in press man or a cover 4 look and you can audible to the appropriate play call

Hmmm, sounds like you ought to drop him a note.  Only 1/2 kidding

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s great analysis, thanks buddy👍

• Like (+1) 1