My 2 biggest disappointments this year are Edmunds & Oliver

LB48

3 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Oliver does seem pretty average so far, but he would have more opportunities to make plays if he had a true run stopping/space eater defensive tackle.

Top 10 DT picks, I would expect, should be able to make plays on their own.  I cannot stand when the point is offered a highly drafted player needs another player to complement them.  

Edmunds sucks as a MLB, but they are not moving him to OLB mid-season, and they can't bench him because there is no one to replace him.  The best we can hope for is that a day 1 or day 2 pick is used on a MLB at the draft.  

If not, plan on another year of bad play at MLB.

7 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

Could we use more talent, yes.  But at what point does coaching/motivating players begins to be questioned?  We are playing sloppy, slow, and soft.  We hit no one with authority, just hug the ball carrier and get dragged 3-5 yards while waiting for some teammates to push him over.  No aggression, fire, or desire to be great on that side of the ball.  

normally not one to get worked up about defense in today’s nfl but they really had nothing going for them tonight.

undisciplined should at least be high intensity. To lazily blow assignments sucks. If you are playing at 110 miles an hour and at least you can create turnovers alongside the missed plays. 

if playing a finesse game you have to be much better in the reads

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsVet said:

Top 10 DT picks, I would expect, should be able to make plays on their own.  I cannot stand when the point is offered a highly drafted player needs another player to complement them.  

And he has at times. The problem with Ed is one of consistency. Even within games he can be up and down.

Edwards doesn’t have the instincts of a Luke Kuechly or Patrick Willis in the middle.

I don’t recall a running play this year where he has shot the gap and blown up a running play but have seen him get manhandled by guards firing off the ball and wiping him out on multiple plays each game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, eee1776 said:

Not one mention about Trent Murphy/ for the money we pay him. This man is the worst Defensive lineman on the team. Look how many time then ran to his side tonight. No gap integrity.

Murphy is a liability in the run game. Always has been. 

I’m telling you. Oliver needs to try to be used on the edge. Just get upfield and smash the tackle with a bull rush....

I like Edmunds but his instinct and ability to get small and slip past guys to make plays is starting to show.... put him in the Lorax role. Off the edge, stunting around or inside, dropping into coverage. He definitely has the length the contain.... something the Bills have been terrible at this year. Hughes and Murphy are just liabilities and aren’t doing anything!!!!