The Carolina Connections

It’s time to acknowledge this. I’ve never wanted to buy into this as I often felt it was fodder for a talking point that wasn’t overly relevant because the players never really played roles too prominent (minus Star). But in Butler, Addison, Klein and Norman we have connected players that are playing big roles on this team and I think it’s fair to question these decisions. The defense has faltered and their play has been unspectacular to say the least. I’d trade all of them for Jordan Phillips and to be honest I’m not sure what they collectively cost but I’d much rather have had the continuity we had as opposed to the over the hill (minus Butler, I think he’s just a guy) Carolina gang. Beane has done a lot right, in this case I think they got it wrong. Allegiances like this can often be illogical and the defense is pitiful. 

Edited by Jpsredemption
Spelling error
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Daryl Williams at RT came from Carolina and is playing well.  

All the guys you named are old and slow.  Defenses need to be young and fast.  Bills went from a young defense to an old one really quick.  

It pains me that we let J. Phillips go. The guy brought energy and big plays. Loved our defense last year. This year is a joke. I didn’t like it back in March with Klein and Addison and I don’t like the results now. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's fair to say they have gone to that well too many times, but then that is the HCs prerogative. Klein and Butler were a waste of money. Addison is the best Bills DE but the other DEs have all been bad. Star gets poo because he was overpaid  Norman's personality and play at WASH are disliked but he's fine as CB2. Williams has been a success story at RT. It's not unilateral failure IMO.