We will live to fight another day

saundena

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

Yep. Not all losses are the same. This loss was a warning lights big time on the dash type loss.  Basically showed if Allen isn’t perfect they can’t win and any mistake cost them dearly. I’m actually not super down on Josh as much as the rest of the team to not pick themselves up especially the D. Turnovers happen how you respond matters. We responded by allowing TD after TD

Because our defense sucks. 

The entire team played poorly. Minus maybe Yeldon. When TJ Yeldon is your best player you aren't winning many games.

It happens, doesn't matter how much they lost by it is still only 1 loss.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

We'll see how Allen plays going forward. If he regresses back to hero ball as the pressure mounts, we'll know he hasn't really taken a step. 

The upcomming game against the Jets is key, that is a Billsy loss to go 4-3, what Bills teams of old would do. We shall see...

He’s done too much for me not to buy some growth. Even tonight I hated the INT but if the Bills D makes a stop before half or doesn’t allow a TD there it’s 24-10 and you still have a shot. He basically is being forced to play perfect which is very tough even if he has improved. But I agree key is whether he stays calm or goes back to hero ball now that the pressure is there.

I didn't see the hero ball from Allen some are talking about.  Like the rest of the team he was off a bit but if you look at every one of his throws he made a lot more good ones then poor ones.

The first INT was clearly on the receiver.  The ball was a bit behind Roberts but that's caught 99% of the time in the NFL.

The 2nd INT wasn't an example of hero ball at all.  It was a bad decision where Allen misread the coverage.  Big difference IMO.

Allen took what he was given most of the night.  The problem was the poor field position that forced the Bills to try to convert very long drives.  Starting at your own 10, 9, 2 & 10 yard line is tough.

Allen was actually exceptional converting 3rd & long tonight. With running plays more often losing yards then gaining them and way to many false starts the Bills faced and converted a bunch of 3rd and longs. 

If this is an example of Allen's floor then we're set at QB.  I expect to see a rebound next week against KC.

I feel like this was the first game where we obviously lost the field position and turnover battles, and it cost us dearly tonight.  We've been able to overcome poor field position earlier with huge chunks of offensive yardage, tonight with the long ball taken away (due to Titans schema and Brown not playing I'd guess) it made things a lot tougher.

Between the turnovers, the poor field position, and the number of players who didn't suit up for us, I would have been shocked if we won.  Unfortunately things snowballed and it was embarrassing.  I'm expecting Monday night to be a close, exciting game either way.

10 hours ago, saundena said:

This game just felt like a loss going into it.  Maybe that's because I'm a beaten down fan, but I just knew in my bones we wouldn't win this game. Every time we start out hot, we have one of these types of games.  McDermott did not have our team prepared to play today, but the good news is that I expect that he'll fix what's wrong from a sloppiness standpoint.  He has to because we looked totally unprepared and unmotivated. Then again, it was a weird week.  I'm sure that factored into the situation  

Josh reverted back, but again that is correctable and I think his new norm is closer to what he played like in the other 4 games.  He got no help early (drops) and the injuries didnt help.  He ends as a top 7 qb this year.

Our defense is a problem.  After 5 games we still look like Pop Warner. Part of that I think is injuries.  Part is scheme, but I think Frazer and McD will right the shop- we have the talent and the the time to be a top 10 unit.

Bottom line, some days nothing goes right and I think this was one of those games.  Not surprising considering what happened leading up to this game

Why, the Titans hadn't played a game in 16 days and just recently within the past few days were allowed into their facility to practice, also the Bills had 2 extra days to prepare. If anything I thought the Bills may have had the advantage from all this stuff going on, guess not, McD got thoroughly hammered by Vrabel. McD is not and does not do good against the better coaches in the league. 

Edited by Big Gun

10 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Yep

The number of unforced errors is actually staggering when you think about them. And they came in every facet of the Game and came from every position group.

The only highlights :  The punter and place kicker.

OL gave JA time too.  Go Bills still!!

10 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

It was reminiscent of prime time games of old where literally everything that could go wrong, did.

Monday night vs KC in 1991 comes to mind. Bills were undefeated at the time. 33-7 final. Okoye and Williams both ran for over 100 yards. Time of possession was 44 minutes for KC vs 16 for the Bills. How did that season end for KC? Divisional playoff loss to the Bills, 37-14. Hope to see the same reversal of outcome in the playoffs this year vs the Titans.

41 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

This is why I don't understand the likes of Cowher heaping praise on McDermott...

Right, It's not that I think McD is a bad coach because I don't, I just have my doubts he has the ability to take the team to the next level. Too frequently in his 3 years he has been beaten like a drum versus some of the better coaches in the league. That's concerning. I sure hope he can grow, learn and get alot better.