We will live to fight another day

saundena

This game just felt like a loss going into it.  Maybe that's because I'm a beaten down fan, but I just knew in my bones we wouldn't win this game. Every time we start out hot, we have one of these types of games.  McDermott did not have our team prepared to play today, but the good news is that I expect that he'll fix what's wrong from a sloppiness standpoint.  He has to because we looked totally unprepared and unmotivated. Then again, it was a weird week.  I'm sure that factored into the situation  

Josh reverted back, but again that is correctable and I think his new norm is closer to what he played like in the other 4 games.  He got no help early (drops) and the injuries didnt help.  He ends as a top 7 qb this year.

Our defense is a problem.  After 5 games we still look like Pop Warner. Part of that I think is injuries.  Part is scheme, but I think Frazer and McD will right the shop- we have the talent and the the time to be a top 10 unit.

Bottom line, some days nothing goes right and I think this was one of those games.  Not surprising considering what happened leading up to this game

Edited by saundena
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillnutinHouston said:

It was reminiscent of prime time games of old where literally everything that could go wrong, did.

While it doesn't matter what other fans think, it still bugs me that we did this on national TV

9 minutes ago, saundena said:

This game just felt like a loss going into it.  Maybe that's because I'm a beaten down fan, but I just knew in my bones we wouldn't win this game. Every time we start out hot, we have one of these types of games.  McDermott did not have our team prepared to play today, but the good news is that I expect that he'll fix what's wrong from a sloppiness standpoint.  He has to because we looked totally unprepared and unmotivated. Then again, it was a weird week.  I'm sure that factored into the situation  

Josh reverted back, but again that is correctable and I think his new norm is closer to what he played like in the other 4 games.  He got no help early (drops) and the injuries didnt help.  He ends as a top 7 qb this year.

Our defense is a problem.  After 5 games we still look like Pop Warner. Part of that I think is injuries.  Part is scheme, but I think Frazer and McD will right the shop- we have the talent and the the time to be a top 10 unit.

Bottom line, some days nothing goes right and I think this was one of those games.  Not surprising considering what happened leading up to this game

While you may be right, I just don't want to hear it right now

10 minutes ago, saundena said:

Correct because very few teams go 5-0.

Not mad.  Just disappointed how unprepared and terrible we were.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

While it doesn't matter what other fans think, it still bugs me that we did this on national TV

While you may be right, I just don't want to hear it right now

As the OP, let me say I get where you are coming from!  

7 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

It was reminiscent of prime time games of old where literally everything that could go wrong, did.

Yep

The number of unforced errors is actually staggering when you think about them. And they came in every facet of the Game and came from every position group.

The only highlights :  The punter and place kicker.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Yep

The number of unforced errors is actually staggering when you think about them. And they came in every facet of the Game and came from every position group.

You mean the punter who can't remember to turn the laces away from the kicker on FG and Extra Points?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Correct because very few teams go 5-0.

Not mad.  Just disappointed how unprepared and terrible we were.  

Terribly unprepared!  We are a better than what we showed tonight, injuries aside. The sloppiness and lack of enthusiasm were damning.  This should have been a 3 point game

I honestly felt like they would lose going in. 

the change in schedule and uncertainty and having to go on the road is a lot. These guys aren’t robots and as much as you’d like them to just be able to turn it on, it doesn’t always work that way. They are human. 

dont think there’s ever been a time in any of their careers where the morning of the game there was uncertainty if the game would even happen, and on a Tuesday?!?

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Yep

Bojo was fine, minus a brutal FG hold with the laces in.  I mean completely in, with no attempt whatsoever to spin the ball.  

I can't ever remember seeing laces in like that in any other NFL game I've ever watched.

I always find it entertaining how high and cocky fans get, and then how low they fall after a loss. 
Tennessee was never giving us an easy win. They’re a scrappy team. We obviously didn’t show up, and maybe we needed that embarrassment to get it together 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Bojo was fine, minus a brutal FG hold with the laces in.  I mean completely in, with no attempt whatsoever to spin the ball.  

I can't ever remember seeing laces in like that in any other NFL game I've ever watched.

I was at work till half time and didn’t catch that but heard the 74 yard punt.

54 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Hence the phrase "Same old Bills" it still applies to this team unfortunately. Teams that have taken a step, or are going to have a great season, just don't do what they did tonight.

Hard truths:

No MVP for Allen, no COY for McDermott, and likely no AFCE crown.

Yep. Not all losses are the same. This loss was a warning lights big time on the dash type loss.  Basically showed if Allen isn’t perfect they can’t win and any mistake cost them dearly. I’m actually not super down on Josh as much as the rest of the team to not pick themselves up especially the D. Turnovers happen how you respond matters. We responded by allowing TD after TD

• Like (+1) 1