A few thoughts about the Titans game, in no particular order

Virgil

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

What about this year's D, even at full strength gives you confidence we can win another single game if our O isn't just absolutely lights out?

for goodness sake if this is really your attitude not much I'd be able to say to change your mind. To each is own Im not going to waste my time.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Again, in his situation when asked to do little.  

It’s a fit thing, not a talent thing. 

You aren’t going to change my mind.  

Apparently not. All I ask is that you consider questioning your narrative. The player who preceded him in the same offense was markedly worse.

Just now, billsfanmiamioh said:

He also has an ungodly freak for a RB and a very good defense. He isn’t the worst by any means but he’s been in the league a long time and I don’t believe he’s capable of leading a team to victory consistently without a lot of other support. We made him look like a bum many times with far lessor teams.

Again, look at the performance of the player who preceded him on that team at the same position. 

12 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

The Bills Titans game tonight seals the deal for me.  Practice in the NFL means exactly squat.  The Bills have been practicing like normal.  The Titans have practiced like twice in the last 2 weeks, Had zoom meetings. And they kick the living crap out of and totally outplay the Bills in every way tonight.  Plus no preseason for everyone and yet they all played well week 1.  Practice means nothing at that level.

I'd like to disagree, and preparation is critical, but yeah, all the observations are spot on. From week 1 the offenses league wide were sharp, Titans seem better prepared, etc.

Just now, Agent 91 said:

The only thing that burned me was that this was on national TV. I hate being in the public eye. Paper tiger speech is gonna bother me until we win again

funny, I literally don’t care at all what anyone else thinks about this team. All I care about is W/L and where they end up when the season is over. Chuckleheads on TV, Radio, fan boards, and power rankings don’t mean anything at all. 

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Again, look at the performance of the player who preceded him on that team at the same position. 

So because the other guy sucked he’s all of a sudden some hidden gem? Sorry I’m just not buying it. He played great tonight after he was constantly put in great situations. He’s not a guy who is going to consistently lead his team to victory when things aren’t going well. 

1 minute ago, Muppy said:

for goodness sake if this is really your attitude not much I'd be able to say to change your mind. To each is own Im not going to waste my time.

I mean, you brought it up, so I questioned it.  No big deal.  Was just wondering where your confidence came from.  Our D has given up 17, 28, 32, 23, and 42 this year...28.4 per game.  Our our has put up 27, 31, 35, 30, and 16....27.8....this is the 2002 Bills again.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dubs said:

funny, I literally don’t care at all what anyone else thinks about this team. All I care about is W/L and where they end up when the season is over. Chuckleheads on TV, Radio, fan boards, and power rankings don’t mean anything at all. 

Teach me the way man. I just like to be solid. I'm worried this was a blueprint game

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Agent 91 said:

Teach me the way man. I just like to be solid. I'm worried this was a blueprint game

ha. Ok. 

1) delete the following: facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and any other social media app.
2) Don’t watch ESPN anymore.

3) Meditate. 

hah!

Edited by dubs
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Virgil said:

5 - Rushing attack

I'm confused as to why we ran the ball so much tonight. It was a weird reversal of what's worked for us this year. We had way too many 3rd downs and eventually you're going to run out of luck on those. Especially that drive that took forever to start the 4th quarter, what was the game plan there? Don't we have a downfield passing offense?

I really am not worried about Allen or the offense, I think it was just a bad night for them. I like Gabe Davis but he's still a rookie and he can't get open as consistently as Brown can. Brown's injury combined with uncharacteristic drops and the terrible interception just snowballed into a bad performance. That doesn't concern me as much as the defense who have looked exactly the same all year long.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Apparently not. All I ask is that you consider questioning your narrative. The player who preceded him in the same offense was markedly worse.

Get back to me after our next win and I don’t want to punch him in the junk

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I'm confused as to why we ran the ball so much tonight. It was a weird reversal of what's worked for us this year. We had way too many 3rd downs and eventually you're going to run out of luck on those. Especially that drive that took forever to start the 4th quarter, what was the game plan there? Don't we have a downfield passing offense?

I really am not worried about Allen or the offense, I think it was just a bad night for them. I like Gabe Davis but he's still a rookie and he can't get open as consistently as Brown can. Brown's injury combined with uncharacteristic drops and the terrible interception just snowballed into a bad performance. That doesn't concern me as much as the defense who have looked exactly the same all year long.

That didn’t bother me.  It’s the lack of misdirection and mystery when we do.  

There’s zero creativity with our rushing attack 

36 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Its a bad game. It happens.  Even the Super Bowl era teams got blown out at least once a year during meaningful regular season games.  Just forget about it and move on to the next one.  

Reminded me of the monday night massacre. It was like seeing a different team play.

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There’s zero creativity with our rushing attack 

I guess so, I just don't really care. McKenzie is where we get creative. Speaking of which there's another staple of our offense that we didn't see tonight. I don't know, it was a weird offensive game plan all around. We've been a pass heavy play action offense all year and suddenly we're running the ball and throwing short passes. Daboll and Allen and the receivers all had their worst games of the season. It happens. I would bet next week we will play really well against the Chiefs defense. But our defense is really scaring me. They have been bottom 10.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Virgil said:

9 - Edmunds - Unless he absolutely loses a game for us or turns it around, this is the last week I'm going to talk about Edmunds.  I don't know the extent of his injury, but Edmunds is not playing anywhere near up to his potential.  He had one good 3rd down break up pass, but that's about it today.  He fell off of multiple tackles and was terrible in coverage.  On one play in particular, Edmunds was covering the middle of the short field and had no offensive Titans anywhere near him besides Brown, whom he proceeds to make a catch within a few yards of him and doesn't react at all.  If I'm being to hard on the kid, let me know.  But when is the last time his name was mentioned in a positive or dominating way.

Go Bills

I had the same thoughts on that play. For a MLB with long arms and coverage is supposed to be his strength, he looked lost.

Allen probably could've gone toe to toe if the Defense had made a stop or two before it got out of hand and his receivers didn't drop so many passes.

Countless penalties, ZERO sacks, no pressure to speak of, horrible tackling and an overall lack of discipline. 

Also, this had to be Dabolls worse called game this season. Beasley not catching a pass until the 3rd quarter with Brown out is mind boggling. At full strength this defense is average,but depleted? Well you saw for yourself. There is no quality depth behind our starters. Plus defenses are starting to realize, HEY? They can't run the ball! Let's play deep zone and make Allen dink and dunk because we can stop their rush with just 4 linemen. 

• Like (+1) 1