All those premium picks on defense...

whorlnut

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

Oliver and Harrison had one tackle each tonight. Woof. For all the draft picks the Bills have hit on.......major questions about Edmunds, Harrison, Oliver and AJ. Also makes you question the pick spent on Fromm when they could have addressed LB or CB.

I could not have said it better myself

• Like (+1) 1

Don't forget.  In addition to missing Milano, Tre and Wallace, we're also missing Star.  Beane said that Star helps the line backers by tying up defenders allowing the MLB especially to make plays.  It's no wonder our front seven especially looks ordinary this year. That has then put more pressure on our secondary.

Oliver and edmunds are huge busts. 

Edmunds is an atrocious football player and hopefully this is the last year he starts for the bills. 

Oliver is probably fine as a starter when surrounded by good players on the line but considering where he was drafted, he's a bust. 

We need 4 new starters in the front 7. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Edmunds and Oliver are not living up to their 1st round statuses.  That is very true

I bet you they do once McBeane takes the playcalling from Frasier.

giphy.gif

Edited by Paulus
  • Haha (+1) 1

D line is getting blown off the ball, no pass rush no penetration its sad.  LB's look slow and out of position.  Hopefully they can fix this.  Someone on the D has to step up and become a leader.  LORAX was that guy....his leadership is missed.

• Like (+1) 3

Epenesa pick made no sense. Premium picks should be spent on speed rushers. Oliver has been a huge disappointment and Edmunds is just not good. I’d let him walk and not pick up the option. Need a Luke Kuechly type, Edmunds does not have the body type nor aggressiveness to play the position in the nfl . 

34 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Not sure how they fix it. Major issues with the front seven. DE (Murphy and Hughes) are not getting it done. Continue to give up contain and cannot get to the QB. Interior gets consistently pushed back. LB’s continue to be out of place. Edmunds is not progressing for a 3rd year starter.  We need a thumper at LB and an edge rusher who is a difference maker which isn’t going to happen this season.

all great points.  but simple gap discipline would be helpful.  Lawson is missed.  

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

It's clear that Edmunds is out of his element at MLB. Our defensive line is designed for speed and penetration, which means we are abysmal at stopping the run. 

we need a real MLB.  move Edmunds outside.  he is always out of position, and when in position often pushed around. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Beane and Sean should be well aware of the underperformance of the free agents and defensive draft choices. The problem is will they pull the trigger on a deal for a linebacker who can play the run and a cornerback who can defend big receivers. If they're willing to give a few draft choices, the teams that are rebuilding will give them some talent. Beane seems reluctant to trade draft capital. It's obvious we will have outscore teams in shootouts to win games. The scary thing is that Sean preaches discipline and the Bills had so many bad penalties. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

...and this is what we get. Yeah, yeah, yeah...we are missing Tre and Milano. I get that. But Milano was a fifth rounder and Tre has been overall underwhelming this season. Either way...Edmunds looks completely terrible, Oliver is almost non-existent, and Epenesa looks completely lost. It’s beyond pathetic. There really isn’t an excuse with all the premium picks spent on making this a premium unit.

For sure.  This D stinks.  And if the O has a bad outing (like tonight) we are toast.  Even when we have been at full strength we let teams hang around.  Going to be a long season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

we need a real MLB.  move Edmunds outside.  he is always out of position, and when in position often pushed around. 

Honestly, you know who's always pushed around? Friggin Harrison Phillips. You can literally watch 99 go backwards on every single play. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

We have one of the highest paid defensive lines in the league and do not stop the run or pressure well.....

They’re so terrible! So much for Oliver being the next Aaron Donald.. Edmunds also should be moved out to OLB.. but at this point I’m not sure if I’d exercise his 5th year option.. Also, Eric Washington has seemed to set this defense back quite a bit... and it looks like losing Bill Teerlinck has been of a huge detriment to this defense.. 

What can Allen do at this point??? Our defense is right up there with some of the worst defenses in the league!!! 42 points! Does Allen need to score 50 points every game? Not to mention our running game stinks! Even the best QBs need good teams around them... Outside of Allen, Diggs, Beasley, Smoke, Davis, Dawkins, Morse and Williams this team stinks! All our promising players on defense took a step back.... I think it’s coaching.. Frazier and Washington suck as coaches and should be fired!

Good news is we have a QB, some nice receivers and some nice players on the OL.. Just gotta put a team around them..

• Like (+1) 1