All those premium picks on defense...

whorlnut

...and this is what we get. Yeah, yeah, yeah...we are missing Tre and Milano. I get that. But Milano was a fifth rounder and Tre has been overall underwhelming this season. Either way...Edmunds looks completely terrible, Oliver is almost non-existent, and Epenesa looks completely lost. It’s beyond pathetic. There really isn’t an excuse with all the premium picks spent on making this a premium unit.

• Like (+1) 9

Not sure how they fix it. Major issues with the front seven. DE (Murphy and Hughes) are not getting it done. Continue to give up contain and cannot get to the QB. Interior gets consistently pushed back. LB’s continue to be out of place. Edmunds is not progressing for a 3rd year starter.  We need a thumper at LB and an edge rusher who is a difference maker which isn’t going to happen this season.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, bills6969 said:

I’m more disappointed in the FA signings— Addison, Jefferson, Butler.  These guys have done diddly- poo.  We have 0 pass rush.  One of these guys was supposed to replace the production of Shaw Lawson. Lol.

Addison and Jefferson have been fine

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Captain_Quint said:

Hughes looked lost today. They hit the nail on the head when talking about setting the edge. I dont know if it was him or someone else but it was a huge problem all game. 

I’m waiting for someone’s weekly post about his matchup win rate 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am a huge Beane fan. I think McDermott sold Brandon on the belief they didn’t need a CB early in the draft. We are seeing otherwise. 

1 minute ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

We have one of the highest paid defensive lines in the league and do not stop the run or pressure well.....

What does that tell you?

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Addison and Jefferson have been fine

They really weren't today. They were not setting the edge. Rushing inside all night and allowing the runners to get around the edge.

3 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

It wasn't the d that lost 14 points early.

They can take the blame for the other 28 points though. Plenty of blame points to go around.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

They really weren't today. They were not setting the edge. Rushing inside all night and allowing the runners to get around the edge.

In this game, yes.  Overall, they've been good

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Edmunds and Oliver are not living up to their 1st round statuses.  That is very true

Oliver and Harrison had one tackle each tonight. Woof. For all the draft picks the Bills have hit on.......major questions about Edmunds, Harrison, Oliver and AJ. Also makes you question the pick spent on Fromm when they could have addressed LB or CB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3