Postgame Thread: Bills at Titans

With the loss of Lawson and Phillips, apparently we lost our core and seemingly integral part of the defensive, whether by scheme or by effort.  Two biggest losses this off season.  And I know they haven't done much with their new teams, they were clearly more important than previously thought.

Just an all around stinker.. But the above holds true all season thus far.  This D is missing heart, and both those guys clearly had it!

In my opinion Beanes biggest blunder as a GM.

Tim-

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, hemma said:

How many false starts & Offside/encroachments?

Buncha.

Heads were not ready to play ball.

One team was resting watching film the other was filled with uncertainty.  The views on the kickoffs showed they knew exactly that Roberts was gonna go middle, and they wedged.  They just gave the rest of the league a blueprint

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

Josh was not at his best but this one in no way is on him. 

I appreciate it him taking the blame, but yea... this game wasn’t on him.  

This game, as is every issue we’ve had this season, are due to the defense. 

27 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I still thought Allen was good.

Boy our Defense looks in trouble. I just didnt see this. DEs and DTs are the core problem, coupled with Edmunds. Just nobody else picking up the slack. Missing savvy leadership. Really missing lorenzo.  

Ya I started a thread on that weeks ago and got flamed.

1 minute ago, D521646 said:

With the loss of Lawson and Phillips, apparently we lost our core and seemingly integral part of the defensive, whether by scheme or by effort.  Two biggest losses this off season.  And I know they haven't done much with their new teams, they were clearly more important than previously thought.

Just an all around stinker.. But the above holds true all season thus far.  This D is missing heart, and both those guys clearly had it!

In my opinion Beanes biggest blunder as a GM.

Tim-

Star. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not sure how to actually articulate my thought here....but when was the last time the Bills had a LB, that you just looked at and knew that guy was a monster? Not like a fast, smart guy. Or a slow 2 down dinosaur. But like Patrick Willis, Burfict looking guy out there, that you just wouldn’t mess with. Spikes was like that. And so was Cowart. We need a LB like that, out there just setting the tone. We are way to soft. I hate the way Fraizer runs a defense. We are nowhere near nasty enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

He shares part of it. It wasn't on him as if he blew it and the rest of the team was ready. It was a bad, bad team performance while he was meh.

With 5 drops and a ton of pre snap penalties ph and zero run game, Josh got no help tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Titans came to play and the Bills missed the bus.

We have a defense this year that is really bad, cannot get off the field, rarely forces punts...just a sieve. If the offense isn't clicking and turning the ball over, this is the net effect - a beat down. They need some retooling this offseason, hoping they can patch some of the holes in the interim.

With Star, Lawson, Phillips, and Lorax gone...they just don't have the horses up front. Throw in Milano and Edmunds injuries and White's play has been off since he got paid and this unit is bad. I don't see that leadership or steady hand on the tiller. Oliver has not lived up to his draft position and Edmunds is lost in the middle.