Postgame Thread: Bills at Titans

This was possibly the worst game ive seen the Bills play under McD. Complete failure across the board:

Coaches. Horrible

Defense. Atrocious

Offense. Brutal

Special Teams. Special Ed. 

WR dropping balls. Allen not being sharp. Defense being an abomination. Holy moly. 

Did the Bills receive communication from the league that they were playing today 30min before the game? Bc thats what it looked like. 

The game was SO BAD, im actually not even worried. That team tonight was not the Bills. 

Edited by bobobonators

Total team loss. From the coaches on down, nobody was prepared to play this game. No excuses for the numerous lack of focus mistakes, from the procedural penalties to the drops. 

Reminded me of the occasional stinkers we played back in the glory days of the early nineties when we’d go on the road either undefeated or with one loss and get totally embarrassed in KC, Pittsburgh, or Houston on national TV. 

On to KC. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Justin C said:

Tremaine Edmunds is officially a problem. He looked awful out there last night. On a 3rd down on the Titans TD drive in the 4th he was easily picked up by a RB half his size. He also fell way too easily for play action plays.

He's definitely struggling out there...Not processing well at all...Maybe the shoulder is still an issue...But right now he's definitely not anywhere close to being as good as they need him to be. 

And I'm still not going to forget the play where he missed the tackle in the Jets game that led to a TD...The play he hurt his shoulder...That was a 3rd down, and a Pro Bowl ILB makes that tackle for a stop 2 yards short of the sticks...He's a liability right now...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

I think part of the early problem was Josh throwing everything hard again.  He was doing really well with touch up until this week.  

oh well, it was an off week for him.  I'll deal. 

Team did great on 3rd down. Tons of dropped balls.  Josh pick was only real minus.  Lots of those little off target, but some should have been caught

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

I hope you are right but the D has been pretty bad all year.

I agree but as we had no preseason all our coming together is delayed by 4 games. My theory is that it takes defense until week 6 to gel. That's about the time when NFL scoring starts to go down.

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'm going to say it again and again until the mistake is corrected... Get Leighton Vander Esch in here where he belongs, in the Middle since Kuechly probably won't come out of retirement for us:cry: 

We passed on the correct choice for the freak of nature, now I don't mean cut him but he needs to slide over on the other side of Milano.

LVE has played like 3 games in the last 2 years.....

• Haha (+1) 1

Folks if you’re taking DTs and Edmunds, then you weren’t paying attention. Those guys actually played well. Titans couldn’t get much going up the middle. Losing contain destroys a defense. It clears space for lineman to get on your Backers (which happened all game), it opens up running lanes for an athletic QB...just bad. 

on top of that, corners couldn’t hang. I mean you notice the safeties rarely had to make a play. There’s a reason for that. Titans went right after the Bills backups with matchups 

• Like (+1) 1

Bad game and I think this is more to the TRUE nature of the Bills.....I think this first 4 games was like the Sabres when they started out hot then ended up a heartless sack of crap...I think this is the Bills...they dont have a D its a league BOTTOM 3 D...its HORRIBLE and also UNFIXABLE this season....they will have a BOTTOM 3-5 D all year...this is PLAYER based not scheme....it wont be fixed till the off season/draft/FA period.

The O was playing WAY WAY WAY above their level....this game was the "split the difference" game..they are not nearly as good as the first 4 games and are not as bad as tonight...its enough to get them to 8-8- 10-6 but no better......if they happened to hit that Magic of this years O and last years D they are a SB contender....that didnt happen this teams a probable-possible playoff team early out because the D SUCKS...by next week today they will be 4-2 next weeks game Bills lose by 20+

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Maybe need some more talent up front too.

Oliver, Edmunds, Butler, Jefferson, and Addison are big disappointments right now

I may have been the only one on the planet that wanted DK Metcalf over Oliver...But I stand by that...Oliver was very good in Collage, but you have to be awfully special to play DT at that size in the NFL. And so far he's underachieved. I think if he was part of a MUCH better overall D-Line group he would be more effective. But he's not someone you can build around IMHO.

The Bills better get serious about that position in the off season because Oliver needs some help to be able to play an effective game at NFL 3-Tech...And the bunch they have in there now is not good enough...And WAY too light...

Problem is they need help at DE too...