Jets trying to trade Bell - per Daily News

Greg S

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Question for you, why would the Jets trade Darnold if he's worth a 1st and 2nd in return?  Sounds like you think he's playing well?  If so you don't trade away a QB playing really good.

Unless he's not playing really good, then why would any team give up that much for him?  Maybe you could get a 2nd for him, but not likely mid-season as it's not likely you bring in a QB mid season and expect him to be able to learn the playbook and become your starter.  Maybe you bring him in as a backup, but can't see giving up a #2 for a backup. 

Plus in off season would need to decide if you want to pick up the 5th year option basically without seeing much of his play.  Maybe a team like Dallas that now needs a backup, but still don't them giving up that much for him when there are also other options out there.

I think they hold on to Darnold at least until they know they will have #1 pick and are set on taking Lawrence. After the season I could see the Bucs, Saints, Steelers, and Colts as teams who will or could show interest in Darnold given the age of their starting QB's

Let me start with I'm not for trading anything to the Jets for Bell!

However, let's say hypothetically the Jets would take a conditional 6th or 7th round pick for him.

The Bills could add him or the season at the cost of $5.84 million and leave the Jets with a dead cap hit of around $12 million.  The way his contract is structured Buffalo could then trade him or release him in the offseason with next to no cap hit.   

Again I'm not advocating for this but if it happened not only could the Bill screw the Jets but they could get a solid second back who would want nothing more than to stick it to Gase.

Edited by FlaFitz1

I think someone could cough up a 2 or 3 for bell. I could see Arizona, Washington, Tampa for checkdown Tommy, Chicago, all of those teams have hopes for playoffs and could afford the gamble. I’m sure there’s some AFC teams that might risk it too. His out is 4 million dead cap in the offseason? I think. Someone might risk it 

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

was that the game they busted out the snowplows at halftime for a very light dusting of snow, and then subsequently jacked up the field by making the rubber pellets fly everywhere, delaying the start of the 2nd half?

Good times.

I honestly don’t know. I was drinking White Russians before the game and then I switched to beer at the game. Then started drinking White Russians again in the parking lot at halftime. All I remember is Bell tearing it up and Tyrod looking like Tyrod 

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Evil eye genius strikes again.  LOL.  Gase and his GM may manage to completely destroy the entire franchise.

Gase is getting fired for sure but I hope he makes it to the Bills game. The Bills shouldn't have any trouble with the Jets no matter what but sometimes a coaching change can spark a team. Look at the Texans with Romeo Crennel this past Sunday.

Edited by Greg S

8 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I honestly don’t know. I was drinking White Russians before the game and then I switched to beer at the game. Then started drinking White Russians again in the parking lot at halftime. All I remember is Bell tearing it up and Tyrod looking like Tyrod 

Drunk The Big Lebowski GIF by Focus Features

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i don't think they'd get much for him really.   if they can literally just get anything for him it's a win.  they need to trade darnold  and get at least a first and a second for him and go for the full rebuild.  they would almost be a lock for lawrence.  have the extra first next year and year after from the adams trade, another first this year and a second from darnold.  they could really surround lawrence with talent.

but of course i dont want them to do that. it would be too smart

a new GM and Coach dream scenario really.  Imagine what Beane and McDermott could do with that. 

43 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

It's pretty widely accepted the Jets have completely botched his development and just left him with a ***** o line and no weapons on offense.  There wouldn't be many suitors for a deal like this but the Colts come to mind. They'd have to give up on Rivers right now though which is highly unlikely.  Colts have a great o line, lots of weapons on offense, great coaching etc.  They have a nice window at the moment and Rivers isn't exactly elevating his play as many thought he would.   You have to wonder if Darnold with a great o line, great coaching and actualy nfl talent at wr could get his game back together.  

Darnold is alone on that team, but he has other problems that are all his own