Beagles have inside on Travis

VABills

But it sounds like they are not even offering a third rounder at this point. Bucs might be able to get him for Brian Kelly. Sounds like TD wants a DB whether we draft one or sign a vet. Not sure Kelly is much better then average, but IMHO he is better then Mcgee. I sure hope it isn't as a long term replacement for Nate next year.

Apr. 22 - The Eagles could have the lead in the bidding for Henry if they offer a third-round choice, and most people believe they will, reports ESPN.com's John Clayton. The Bucs might have to give up a veteran player for Henry, possibly cornerback Brian Kelly, but that might be too steep a price. The Cardinals are revisiting the idea of offering more than left tackle L.J. Shelton. With at least three serious bidders, something should get done for Henry.

But it sounds like they are not even offering a third rounder at this point.    Bucs might be able to get him for Brian Kelly.  Sounds like TD wants a DB whether we draft one or sign a vet.  Not sure Kelly is much better then average, but IMHO he is better then Mcgee.  I sure hope it isn't as a long term replacement for Nate next year.

312986[/snapback]

Interesting that the Cards are thinking of adding more to the pot.

Beagles eh? inside joke I'm unaware of? If we get an additional second round pick I just like it from the point of view that the second round seems to be where the value is. Also the current pick we have is in the mid to late part of the second round as opposed to the early part of the second round making it more difficult to get a good athlete. Also picking twice in the second round would significantly increase our chances of getting a good athlete.

Screw them...Let them keep there third round pick and draft a scrub.

I would keep Henry and let him pout on the bench. He still is good insurance if

Willis gets hurt and he's cheap. Brian Kelly to steep a price...thats a joke .

Beagles eh? inside joke I'm unaware of? If we get an additional second round pick I just like it from the point of view that the second round seems to be where the value is. Also the current pick we have is in the mid to late part of the second round as opposed to the early part of the second round making it more difficult to get a good athlete. Also picking twice in the second round would significantly increase our chances of getting a good athlete.

312997[/snapback]

It said the beagles may up their offer to a 3rd and that was the best offer. Where did you get an additional 2nd from?

Would Brian Kelly have the same problems changing defenses that people think Ronde Barber would have?

313001[/snapback]

Kelly is a zone corner. He doesn't do well on an island that our defense forces him into, since our safties have run support duties. barbar is a much better corner and would be a better option.

Getting Kelly for Travis maybe a fair trade skill wise, but I don't get it. Kelly isn't really that good and is not close to as good as Vincent. In addition, not sure he can play safety.

It said the beagles may up their offer to a 3rd and that was the best offer.  Where did you get an additional 2nd from?

313003[/snapback]

At this point, I think my preference would be to see if we could steal a 2nd outright from somebody. If not, then I'd take Kelly. Either way, we'd still get LJ post June 1. So we could end up with 2 2nd rounders and Shelton or our 2nd rounder, Kelly and Shelton.

At this point, I think my preference would be to see if we could steal a 2nd outright from somebody.  If not, then I'd take Kelly.  Either way, we'd still get LJ post June 1.  So we could end up with 2 2nd rounders and Shelton or our 2nd rounder, Kelly and Shelton.

313013[/snapback]

I have seen nowhere that a 2nd was ever offered other then message boards. The general consensus from the talking heads seem to be a player swap for him, or a 3rd maybe.

I have seen nowhere that a 2nd was ever offered other then message boards.  The general consensus from the talking heads seem to be a player swap for him, or a 3rd maybe.

313019[/snapback]

I saw some reporter from the Dayton Daily News reported it, but we don't really know what's going to happen. Just because someone today says a 3rd is their best offer doesn't mean they might not give a 2nd tomorrow.

I saw some reporter from the Dayton Daily News reported it, but we don't really know what's going to happen.  Just because someone today says a 3rd is their best offer doesn't mean they might not give a 2nd tomorrow.

313028[/snapback]

Here is the other reports:

The Dayton Daily News reports of a rumor which suggests that the Eagles are interested in Bills running back Travis Henry. The Bills contracted the Eagles and are asking for a second-round draft pick in exchange for Henry, whose is unhappy in Buffalo in part because of the emergence of starter Willis McGahee.

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Friday, April 15, 2005

Update: The Bills have contacted the Eagles about a possible trade that would send Henry to Philadelphia, FOXSports.com reports.

Recommendation: Philadelphia appears to be interested, but if Henry does not lessen his contract demands the deal will never happen. The Eagles would like to add a running back to go along with Brian Westbrook, but will only be willing to give up a third or fourth round pick at the most. If the deal were to go through, Henry would be in a similar situation as he has with Buffalo -- backing up a starter -- though there might be more packages available where he sees the field more.

Eagles | Interested in Bills' Henry? - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:56:50 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have shown interest in Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry. The Bills have phoned the Eagles on more than one occasion, but Henry's interest in a new contract could kill a potential trade from coming about. While the Bills are looking for a second-round draft choice, they would probably take a third-round or even a fourth-rounder that could move up to a third-rounder based off of incentives.

It said the beagles may up their offer to a 3rd and that was the best offer.  Where did you get an additional 2nd from?

313003[/snapback]

No where I for some reason got it drilled into my head that was the offer.