Josh Allen 1-16 vs. 17-32

eball

1 hour ago, Doc said:

You should also add-in rushing TDs as well as fumbles. 

Not the point of the thread.  Allen's rushing has been an asset from the get-go.  This is about his play as a QUARTERBACK.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Aussie, it’s from a movie, I think Pixar, mostly a family movie.  You can google it.  It’s a cute movie.  My daughter liked it a few years ago.  I’m the volunteer with my three kids to take them to the movies From when even when they were little so I’ve seen every Disney movie made for over 15 years.  Hope that helps.

Yeah, sure blame it on the kids

8 hours ago, eball said:

Holy hell, look at this comparison of Allen’s first 16 games vs. his last 16 (he has now played 32 as a pro):

1-16: 55%, 13 passing TDs, 18 INTs

17-32: 62%, 29 passing TDs, 4 INTs

Stunning.

Sal Capaccio wrote an article about just this thing

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/bills/allens-turnaround-is-unprecedented-in-nfl-history

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Huh?  Going off his last 4 games this year, if they’re any indication... he has. 

Yeah, but if you project it out, he’s only on pace for 70% passing, 5,300 yards, 48TDs and 4ints, that’s hardly going to get it done. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, eball said:

Holy hell, look at this comparison of Allen’s first 16 games vs. his last 16 (he has now played 32 as a pro):

Stunning.

Now do Kelly

9 hours ago, eball said:

Stunning.

And this is why everyone should be lol at pff... even more reason to ignore those frat boys who so desperately try to sound like adults 😂

Great post.  I look at those numbers a lot myself.  He's grown up in a really short time considering all the catching up he had to do anyway, let alone his offense being so terrible the first year. 

He said his game mindset is "I just want it, more than anything."  His dedication to doing all the work it takes for him to get better speaks volumes about how much he really wants it.  He really has that fire and it burns HOT!  I can't believe I actually preferred Baker over Allen in that draft.  I wouldn't trade Josh for anything.

47 minutes ago, ngbills said:

First 16: 762 yards; 11 TD's rushing and 4 fumbles lost

Second 16: 462 yards; 9 TD's rushing and 5 fumbles lost

Thanks.  Gotta take the good with the bad.  And the good far outweighs the bad.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, ngbills said:

First 16: 762 yards; 11 TD's rushing and 4 fumbles lost

Second 16: 462 yards; 9 TD's rushing and 5 fumbles lost

He was too busy throwing picks to fumble the ball so much the first 16 games.  In all seriousness though, his rushing TD's are consistent even though he's having a ton more success throwing.  Really a huge bonus with the potential he's finally showing now purely passing.

9 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's a combination of having to be the QB of the 2018 Bills a team with one of the worst O-lines & virtually no receivers.  As a rookie his top 2 receivers were Zay Jones who I'm amazed is still getting playing time in Las Vegas & Robert Foster, who is now on GB's practice squad.  The other part is the learning curve playing with new WRs, RBs & O-linemen to start his sophomore season.  

What's even more stunning is his play this year where he hasn't thrown any INTs but is tagged with one because of ref/replay incompetence.  

He has definitely grown up from the raw rookie who arrived in 2018, but the team around him that year hurt his "on paper" view. 

While the folks around him in 2018 certainly didn't help, it was mostly him. He made far more poor decisions, was more inconsistent with accuracy and simply didn't know what he was looking at with defenses.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

You mean the group that says he's gotten much much better? Yeah, what do they know?

Only because they couldn't find a way to keep him from the top in their sham ranking system for the first time in 3 years after a game. Those guys are a bunch of 🤡's.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yeah, sure blame it on the kids

Alright Captain, I loved it too.  😇.  It was special memories and to Pixar’s credit, they made them kind of funny.  Monsters Inc. was a good example.  Another is Schreck.  “You’re donkey talks, yeah it’s getting him to shut up that’s the trick.”  Not unlike many think of me, resonates with some posters, again myself included.  That’ll do Donkey, That’ll do.

• Thank you (+1) 1