Josh Allen 1-16 vs. 17-32

eball

1 hour ago, Distorted One said:

He was too busy throwing picks to fumble the ball so much the first 16 games.  In all seriousness though, his rushing TD's are consistent even though he's having a ton more success throwing.  Really a huge bonus with the potential he's finally showing now purely passing.

Yep, many dont want to see it this way but his rushing yards were higher because he was not as good of a QB. Anyone who has played QB can tell you, when the game is moving too fast you dont see the field as well and tend to run more or throw bad passes. As it slows down, and it clearly is for Josh, you stay in the pocket and wait to make the throws you see developing. 

9 hours ago, Paulus said:

Teams are already figuring out Herbert. I really think some of yall have the attention span of that Dog from "UP." Plus, Herbert is surrounded by good Offensive players...

tenor.gif?itemid=5632788

I saw Herbert and Oregon versus Allen and Wyoming in person a few years ago. Herbert was better than Allen then (that day anyway). Herbert may be a surprise to many but should not be to NFL scouts. Herbert is just as big as Allen, just as fast, arm is close and he's just as smart. 

5 minutes ago, SaratogaMike said:

I saw Herbert and Oregon versus Allen and Wyoming in person a few years ago. Herbert was better than Allen then (that day anyway). Herbert may be a surprise to many but should not be to NFL scouts. Herbert is just as big as Allen, just as fast, arm is close and he's just as smart. 

Yes. I was there, too. Josh played like dog ***** that day and Herbert shined. Herbert looked like the future first round pick not Allen. However, Herbert is not as fast and has a strong arm (even by NFL standards), but not in the realm of Allen's.

10 hours ago, Paulus said:

Teams are already figuring out Herbert. I really think some of yall have the attention span of that Dog from "UP." Plus, Herbert is surrounded by good Offensive players...

tenor.gif?itemid=5632788

Yep. Herbert does look good, made some good throws last night (though many of them were wild throws in traffic that his WR made great plays on) but it's always worth waiting to see what these young do once defensive coordinators have got plenty of tape on them.

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

First 16: 762 yards; 11 TD's rushing and 4 fumbles lost

Second 16: 462 yards; 9 TD's rushing and 5 fumbles lost

Honestly, things have come together so well this year, just too good....I really wanted his running numbers to come down, did not think they would but they have.   I think a designed run here and there along with some scrambles should be the extent of it......when he can beat you with his arm you don't need to do as much of that other stuff.  His only weakness is not knowing when to move onto another down at times.   

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Can we dispel the "can't teach accuracy" myth now?

I believe it has everything to do with the desire of the player.  Those who want to put in the effort will see the results.  Josh has dedicated himself to becoming the best quarterback he can be.

30 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Can we dispel the "can't teach accuracy" myth now?  It's amazing what experience and a better WR group will do for completion percentage

Yup. His footwork is so much more improved and his body control. The first few weeks of his rookie year showed me, he was plenty accurate. He just needed to be more consistent with his motions and footwork.

That said, the growth he has made is nothing short of incredible 

12 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's a combination of having to be the QB of the 2018 Bills a team with one of the worst O-lines & virtually no receivers.  As a rookie his top 2 receivers were Zay Jones who I'm amazed is still getting playing time in Las Vegas & Robert Foster, who is now on GB's practice squad.  The other part is the learning curve playing with new WRs, RBs & O-linemen to start his sophomore season.  

What's even more stunning is his play this year where he hasn't thrown any INTs but is tagged with one because of ref/replay incompetence.  

He has definitely grown up from the raw rookie who arrived in 2018, but the team around him that year hurt his "on paper" view. 

That, and having to play against the defense of the goat in NE several times a year as raw as Allen was coming out of Wyoming... talk about trial by fire.

Thinking about Darnold having the benefit of playing for a big USC program and he was seeing ghosts and was mentally crushed playing NE.

Iron sharpens iron; Another year under center and there will not be many defensive twists that Allen will not have seen. I honestly thought his learning curve would be slower and I was willing to preach patience for a while, but his aptitude for the game and dedication to learning is pretty special.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Makes me wonder how good Herbert will be come game 32

I loved him at Oregon and think he'll be a great one.

He's clearly still in the developmental phase and makes mistakes, but his upside is gigantic.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You mean the group that says he's gotten much much better? Yeah, what do they know?

Ya, mean those guys who didn’t pick up on him improving until basically this season, and denigrated his performance at any opportunity for the last two years and into this year? The guys with no foresight to speak of?  You mean those guys...

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yup. His footwork is so much more improved and his body control. The first few weeks of his rookie year showed me, he was plenty accurate. He just needed to be more consistent with his motions and footwork.

That said, the growth he has made is nothing short of incredible 

I can't remember who said it, maybe Dilfer did. NFL play is like 80-90% doing the same thing over and over consistently at a high level.  And then sprinkle in a few magical or great plays.  ie. Hit the 8 yard out pattern at a very high rate so your team does not get behind in down and distance on a play the defense was going to give you.

A lot of us that follow the draft were pointing out how little experience Josh had coming out of college. JUCO and then only a year or two at Wyoming. All the other QBs had at least twice as many snaps at the NCAA level.