Not too many years ago I loved seeing AFC teams defeat NFC teams

LB48

I was thrilled about any AFC team beating the Cowboys.  Loved to see them lose. During the best years of the Eagles, 49er's and Packers etc. I wanted AFC teams to beat them just because we were in the AFC.  The Patriots became a factor and even as a Bills fan I loved watching them beat up on the big boys in the NFC.

Now, things have changed!  I want every AFC team to lose against the NFC.  Knock off our AFC rivals off and let the Bills do the rest.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

I was kind of hoping for an undefeated showdown against the Chiefs. Truthfully though, I just want the Bills to rack up as many W's as possible. It would be awesome to get some home games in the playoffs. Take care of ours and let the rest of the NFL will sort itself out. 

6 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I wanted JA17 and the Bills to be the first to beat them this year 

While I shared that same sentiment, at the same time, the more games the Chiefs lose, the better it is for us, so I definitely wasn't rooting against the Raiders there.

5 hours ago, Putin said:

We could be the first team to give them a beating !!

That would be great.  If the Bills can go 6-0 with the Titans, Raiders and Chefs all in those wins, they are in GREAT shape for the playoffs, even with uncertainty left.  That’s a big ole “IF”, but a man can dream.

My rooting interests are simple.  I root for whichever outcome helps the Bills or my wagering interests (and I try not to let the two conflict).  If the Bills are not impacted I only care if my FFB players (or wagers) are involved.

I would even pull for the Pats*** if doing so improved the Bills' position.

In the first few years after the AFL-NFL merger, I rooted fervently for the old AFL teams over the the old NFL teams.  So, I celebrated the Jets one and only Super Bowl victory, even though I detested the Jets and Joe Namath.  That wore off eventually.  Now I only root for the Bills and any teams whose victory would help the Bills in some way.  

This is how I approach watching football:

1)  Bills game, cheer for Bills to win

2) New England game, cheer for New England to lose

3) All other games not involving those 2 teams: just want good, competitive game that is fun to watch

• Like (+1) 1

You want the NFC West to win to help the bills strength of common opponents for non-AFC East tie breakers. That's where the classic/infamous "logic" a few years back of the bills losing against the nfc team helping the bills more than a win.

Edited by HardyBoy