How do you watch the game?

What a Tuel

2 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

I live in Virginia. Reddit was a Godsend, up until this year. Have yet to find a decent replacement. So I go to a local sports bar, and put the owner's kids through college.

The nfl streams subreddit moved their streams over to nflbite.com after it got banned. I've used it for all 4 of our games as well as probably a dozen other games this year and have had zero issues.

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

I tried searching but could not find a relevant topic. I am done with spectrum. Below are the details but straight to the point.

How do you all watch the games? Is there a good service out there that includes the Bills games? I've tried an antenna but out here in Gasport, I just don't seem to get a good signal. I'd love to just cancel this package and just buy a service for the few months football is on and then cancel. Redzone isn't super necessary but would like it. Maybe I should try the Ticket?

My issues:

First I talked to someone to get the "Spectrum Silver Lifestyle" package which they told me would include NFL Network and Redzone (it does not include Redzone). So I call back (on hold forever) and they tell me no, Redzone is in the "Sports Package" for $5.00 more a month (what the heck its only $5.00). Most recently though, I found that even though I have "Spectrum Silver Lifestyle" and the "Sports package" I do not get ESPN. I need to subscribe to the "Spectrum Silver" plan to get ESPN for $40.00 more a month to get that.

Then the issues with the app (I don't have the cable box and just use the app). During the bills games specifically the app pixelates constantly, almost making the game unwatchable. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney, or any other streaming service works flawlessly on my internet and TVs. Spectrum says "That's weird" and that is the extent of help in resolving the issue. Every time I boot up the app, I get errors, or channels are unavailable. 

I have spectrum and have tons of issues with the app since covid started. Worked fine until the end of February, now it buffers a lot, gets blurry for a while. Just a PITA to use and watch. Like you Netflix, Hulu and every other streaming service works fine except for spectrum app. 

For Bills games I use an antenna. Maybe you can get one of the more powerful antennas. My brother has a similar issue and he usually watches on the yahoo sports app on his phone or streams it on his laptop to the tv. 

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

I tried searching but could not find a relevant topic. I am done with spectrum. Below are the details but straight to the point.

How do you all watch the games? Is there a good service out there that includes the Bills games? I've tried an antenna but out here in Gasport, I just don't seem to get a good signal. I'd love to just cancel this package and just buy a service for the few months football is on and then cancel. Redzone isn't super necessary but would like it. Maybe I should try the Ticket?

My issues:

First I talked to someone to get the "Spectrum Silver Lifestyle" package which they told me would include NFL Network and Redzone (it does not include Redzone). So I call back (on hold forever) and they tell me no, Redzone is in the "Sports Package" for $5.00 more a month (what the heck its only $5.00). Most recently though, I found that even though I have "Spectrum Silver Lifestyle" and the "Sports package" I do not get ESPN. I need to subscribe to the "Spectrum Silver" plan to get ESPN for $40.00 more a month to get that.

Then the issues with the app (I don't have the cable box and just use the app). During the bills games specifically the app pixelates constantly, almost making the game unwatchable. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney, or any other streaming service works flawlessly on my internet and TVs. Spectrum says "That's weird" and that is the extent of help in resolving the issue. Every time I boot up the app, I get errors, or channels are unavailable. 

sending you a PM.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m in the ROC and have Spectrum. So much happier than when I had DTV (for the reasons listed here). I have a box specifically for games. $7/month and I view that as worth it. If I’m not watching a Bills game I use their app on my AppleTV and have occasional pixelation. 

I would do an Internet speed test and then call Spectrum to see if you can get more bandwidth. Problem solved. 😃 

I use an HD antenna, but I do believe WIVB moved their tower or the angle

of the tower to better service the southtowns. 

Fortunately we live at the top of the escarpment so we still get a pretty clear shot, but sometimes it’s a bit tougher to angle the antenna properly for a clean picture. Granted, we’re only using a ~$40 inside antenna.

Someday I’m gonna make the move to an old-school style outdoor roof antenna, there’s some pretty decent options out there. We also get a ton of clear Canadian stations from across the lake, love CBC for playoff hockey!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Augie said:

We have UVerse and DTV for Sunday Ticket. We pay roughly the GDP of Ecuador, I believe, and my wife is not unaware of this budget item. She does the books, and feels she should be able to retire at some point. I think she’s just being silly! 

DTV only takes calls from people who want to buy MORE. God help you if you actually need “service”. 

We have set it up in our house that The Sunday Ticket is my birthday present every year, since my birthday is in October. Helps to smooth over the cost. Helps, doesn’t totally negate it. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Someday I’m gonna make the move to an old-school style outdoor roof antenna, there’s some pretty decent options out there. We also get a ton of clear Canadian stations from across the lake, love CBC for playoff hockey!

My parents live on top of a hill between Syracuse and Watertown. They have an antenna pointed in each direction. Before digital they could sometimes pick up Kingston and Rochester channels, not great, but you could watch them if you wanted. I'm trying to convince them to go with one of these newer omni directional and see how many more channels they could get. It's supposed to pick up from up to 125 miles away. 

https://antennadeals.com/HD8008.html

Edited by Just Jack
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

My parents live on top of a hill between Syracuse and Watertown. They have an antenna pointed in each direction. Before digital they could sometimes pick up Kingston and Rochester channels, not great, but you could watch them if you wanted. I'm trying to convince them to go with one of these newer omni directional and see how many more channels they could get. It's supposed to pick up from up to 125 miles away. 

https://antennadeals.com/HD8008.html

That looks pretty decent, reasonable cost too.

I actually already have a “pathway” to run a line up the wall and out to the roof. The old “u-clip” style antenna connection is still there, our house was built in ‘57.