How do you watch the game?

What a Tuel

SPORTZTV is the way to go, no doubt. As previous posters have said, less than $8 a month for access to ALL professional sports, PPV, local stations, national stations, international stations, HBO, CINEMAX, ETC ETC.  Even if only used for sports, this streaming service is a great value.  As long as your WiFi speed is >60mgb/s you are able to stream with SPORTZTV.  Google it.  Check it out.  Free Trials are available.  

We'll get 10 games in Albany this year-it may go up to more if the Jets continue to be unwatchable.  I used to go out for the other games but this season I've been using internet streams combined with Redzone & WGR's broadcast on its website.  The stream is about 1-2 minutes behind the game, so if they switch to the game on Redzone, it's way ahead of the stream.  The biggest problem with the internet stream is I can only watch it on my Kindle since my laptop's virus protection blocks it as a malicious website.  I don't watch those streams on my desktop ever since I lost a computer that got infected after watching a Bills game years ago.  I never watch questionable stuff on my main computer.  The laptop is an old Windows 7 & I don't care if I kill it.  

I had Spectrum for the last 2+ years and the final straw, after they raised me $42 on my 2nd anniversary with them, was when they took Redzone away from my gold package & wanted another $5.  I had switched from FIOS when Spectrum gave me a deal that Verizon couldn't match.  I tried switching back to Verizon earlier this year & they weren't coming into the houses so I waited a while.  Once the football season started & they pulled the Redzone from my package I found out Verizon was now going into houses & I switched back.  I got the Redzone & EPIX back & I'm paying $45 less per month.  Even if Verizon raises me, I'm never going back to Spectrum.  

12 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

I tried searching but could not find a relevant topic. I am done with spectrum. Below are the details but straight to the point.

How do you all watch the games? Is there a good service out there that includes the Bills games? I've tried an antenna but out here in Gasport, I just don't seem to get a good signal. I'd love to just cancel this package and just buy a service for the few months football is on and then cancel. Redzone isn't super necessary but would like it. Maybe I should try the Ticket?

My issues:

First I talked to someone to get the "Spectrum Silver Lifestyle" package which they told me would include NFL Network and Redzone (it does not include Redzone). So I call back (on hold forever) and they tell me no, Redzone is in the "Sports Package" for $5.00 more a month (what the heck its only $5.00). Most recently though, I found that even though I have "Spectrum Silver Lifestyle" and the "Sports package" I do not get ESPN. I need to subscribe to the "Spectrum Silver" plan to get ESPN for $40.00 more a month to get that.

Then the issues with the app (I don't have the cable box and just use the app). During the bills games specifically the app pixelates constantly, almost making the game unwatchable. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney, or any other streaming service works flawlessly on my internet and TVs. Spectrum says "That's weird" and that is the extent of help in resolving the issue. Every time I boot up the app, I get errors, or channels are unavailable. 

is gasport considered in or out of market?

If out, ticket

if in, Hulu live or one of the 50,000 others that carry local channels should have it 

1 hour ago, Skoots said:

SPORTZTV is the way to go, no doubt. As previous posters have said, less than $8 a month for access to ALL professional sports, PPV, local stations, national stations, international stations, HBO, CINEMAX, ETC ETC.  Even if only used for sports, this streaming service is a great value.  As long as your WiFi speed is >60mgb/s you are able to stream with SPORTZTV.  Google it.  Check it out.  Free Trials are available.  

60 megabits per second? What are you streaming 3 dimensional or VR TV? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I think you can watch it on CBS as normal...

I live in Houston and this wasn't a game that we were normally going to get during the original broadcast (Houston played early).  However, I checked the AT&T Uverse schedule and sure enough, it shows that it's on tonight.  The reason might be that there is local rooting interests in Houston (AFC South)- so maybe this game might be broadcast in other AFC South and AFC East cities?

I'm hoping the digital guide is telling the truth, otherwise I'm going to have to get to the bar quickly!

7 minutes ago, saundena said:

I live in Houston and this wasn't a game that we were normally going to get during the original broadcast (Houston played early).  However, I checked the AT&T Uverse schedule and sure enough, it shows that it's on tonight.  The reason might be that there is local rooting interests in Houston (AFC South)- so maybe this game might be broadcast in other AFC South and AFC East cities?

I'm hoping the digital guide is telling the truth, otherwise I'm going to have to get to the bar quickly!

tonight’s telecast is nationwide CBS

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

We have set it up in our house that The Sunday Ticket is my birthday present every year, since my birthday is in October. Helps to smooth over the cost. Helps, doesn’t totally negate it. 

My birthday was last Sunday and my gift to myself was going to be a trip to Nashville to see the Bills play there again while Bills fans took over the city. That was a done deal when the schedule came out! THEN.............something came up.  🙄

• Like (+1) 1

Gamepass but Chromecast to the TV normally.

If the game is shown on Sky Sports here in the UK it just comes through the dish to the Sky Q box.

Tonight though it's a midnight kick off so I'll let be swapping beds with my son as he has his Playstation 4 in his room and a large television. I can get Gamepass and Sky through the PS4 so will watch in bed and get straight off for some sleep when it finishes around 3 am. 

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

My parents live on top of a hill between Syracuse and Watertown. They have an antenna pointed in each direction. Before digital they could sometimes pick up Kingston and Rochester channels, not great, but you could watch them if you wanted. I'm trying to convince them to go with one of these newer omni directional and see how many more channels they could get. It's supposed to pick up from up to 125 miles away. 

https://antennadeals.com/HD8008.html

3 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

That looks pretty decent, reasonable cost too.

I actually already have a “pathway” to run a line up the wall and out to the roof. The old “u-clip” style antenna connection is still there, our house was built in ‘57.

Omnidirectionals in general are pretty useless except in small circumstances of being close by two cities / digital markets. See the reviews of AntennaMan on the YouTube. Don’t be fooled by ad copy propaganda. While it’s possible to bring in channels from long distances given the perfect alignment of tropospheric ducting (occurring at certain brief times of the year, and lasting for a few minutes to a few hours), getting steady teevee broadcast signals is limited to the curvature of the earth of about 60-65 miles. Do not waste money on this stuff. A well-rated “bow tie” or yagi antenna with a pre-amp if necessary, will be your best bet. 

15 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Omnidirectionals in general are pretty useless except in small circumstances of being close by two cities / digital markets. See the reviews of AntennaMan on the YouTube. Don’t be fooled by ad copy propaganda. While it’s possible to bring in channels from long distances given the perfect alignment of tropospheric ducting (occurring at certain brief times of the year, and lasting for a few minutes to a few hours), getting steady teevee broadcast signals is limited to the curvature of the earth of about 60-65 miles. Do not waste money on this stuff. A well-rated “bow tie” or yagi antenna with a pre-amp if necessary, will be your best bet. 

Welp, we’re 22 miles from Buffalo, and directly across the lake & slightly elevated from Toronto. 60 miles, ‘as the crow flies’. The escarpment literally starts sloping downhill in my backyard.

16 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Welp, we’re 22 miles from Buffalo, and directly across the lake & slightly elevated from Toronto. 60 miles, ‘as the crow flies’. The escarpment literally starts sloping downhill in my backyard.

That doesn’t qualify. That thing’s not going to pull in from 60 miles. Omnis designs sacrifice whatever is possible for distance in order to pull in from all directions. It’s more like if you’re in the middle spot between Hartford CT & Springfield MA, which are like 25 miles apart. Again, these types of antennas’ performance is extremely limited situationally, and they are generally poorly constructed. Don’t waste your 💸. 10/10 would NOT recommend.

Edited by UConn James

1 hour ago, saundena said:

It’s on here in Baltimore, looks like it’s nationwide.