How do you watch the game?

What a Tuel

I tried searching but could not find a relevant topic. I am done with spectrum. Below are the details but straight to the point.

How do you all watch the games? Is there a good service out there that includes the Bills games? I've tried an antenna but out here in Gasport, I just don't seem to get a good signal. I'd love to just cancel this package and just buy a service for the few months football is on and then cancel. Redzone isn't super necessary but would like it. Maybe I should try the Ticket?

My issues:

First I talked to someone to get the "Spectrum Silver Lifestyle" package which they told me would include NFL Network and Redzone (it does not include Redzone). So I call back (on hold forever) and they tell me no, Redzone is in the "Sports Package" for $5.00 more a month (what the heck its only $5.00). Most recently though, I found that even though I have "Spectrum Silver Lifestyle" and the "Sports package" I do not get ESPN. I need to subscribe to the "Spectrum Silver" plan to get ESPN for $40.00 more a month to get that.

Then the issues with the app (I don't have the cable box and just use the app). During the bills games specifically the app pixelates constantly, almost making the game unwatchable. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney, or any other streaming service works flawlessly on my internet and TVs. Spectrum says "That's weird" and that is the extent of help in resolving the issue. Every time I boot up the app, I get errors, or channels are unavailable. 

18 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Verizon Fios here, so most of the games are on local TV.  You could check out my thread on using CBS All Access....

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227340-remote-viewing-of-games-using-google-chrome-with-geo-locating-and-cbs-all-access

Thank you all for the suggestions, I will check them out!

For this one, what do you do for the Bills games not on CBS? 

25 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Sunday Ticket via DirecTV.  If you go that route, buckle in because their customer service is beyond brutal.  

After 14 years I'd call it an abusive relationship.

We have UVerse and DTV for Sunday Ticket. We pay roughly the GDP of Ecuador, I believe, and my wife is not unaware of this budget item. She does the books, and feels she should be able to retire at some point. I think she’s just being silly! 

DTV only takes calls from people who want to buy MORE. God help you if you actually need “service”. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

One of our board members turned me onto sportztv for like $8 a month and it’s amazing. All sports, PPV’s and just regular local tv all across the world including the US. To be honest I use it all the time for all kinda tv not just bills games (I’m out of market) 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the Spectrum app for the sport feed pixelation.  The local station feeds have been brutal...often losing the picture completely.  Yesterday, for example, WIVB lost the Raiders v KC game.  I have a backup antenna and the game was lost there as well.  I have the NFL app on my TV and was surprised that I was able to watch RedZone through the app.  (No games since I don't have Game Pass.)  So I watched some Red Zone and some of the Steelers game on Fox. 

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

I tried searching but could not find a relevant topic. I am done with spectrum. Below are the details but straight to the point.

How do you all watch the games? Is there a good service out there that includes the Bills games? I've tried an antenna but out here in Gasport, I just don't seem to get a good signal. I'd love to just cancel this package and just buy a service for the few months football is on and then cancel. Redzone isn't super necessary but would like it. Maybe I should try the Ticket?

My issues:

First I talked to someone to get the "Spectrum Silver Lifestyle" package which they told me would include NFL Network and Redzone (it does not include Redzone). So I call back (on hold forever) and they tell me no, Redzone is in the "Sports Package" for $5.00 more a month (what the heck its only $5.00). Most recently though, I found that even though I have "Spectrum Silver Lifestyle" and the "Sports package" I do not get ESPN. I need to subscribe to the "Spectrum Silver" plan to get ESPN for $40.00 more a month to get that.

Then the issues with the app (I don't have the cable box and just use the app). During the bills games specifically the app pixelates constantly, almost making the game unwatchable. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney, or any other streaming service works flawlessly on my internet and TVs. Spectrum says "That's weird" and that is the extent of help in resolving the issue. Every time I boot up the app, I get errors, or channels are unavailable. 

The largest contingent of people that I tailgate with is from Middleport and they watch the games in one of their garages.    Pretty close to the fire hall.  You should just go there and watch it and enjoy a Scapelliti sausage or two.  Just tell them you know me and show them your most recent covid test.  It's the garage with the red shovel leaning against the side cuz they aren't allowed to use the indoor bathroom on gameday.

• Haha (+1) 1