Arthur Blank is not committing to Matt Ryan moving forward

Ryan is 35, if you had the chance to get Lawrence, why wouldn't you.   On the other hand with Ryan at QB, the team could play too well to get the #1 overall.  Best they could do would be bench Ryan  so they lose more, but that would be a tough move to make.  Could try and trade him at the deadline, but likely they'd get a much better offer in the off season if they wait.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

We may see a level of tanking that is unmistakable in December. Lawrence is a generational can’t miss number one like an Elway or Luck. 

He's that good?

Don't get me wrong, he is a talented QB, I just don't know if he's a prototype.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Cut Ryan, draft a QB, and sign Taylor as your bridge quarterback.  Apparently your rookie QB will be phenomenal their first season.

If they cut him in 2021 he creates 49.9M of dead cap space.  In 2022 it's still 26.5M.  2023 is the easiest out at 8.6M.  None of that says they can't or won't draft a QB but it does suggest that Ryan will be a Falcon until at least 2022.

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

If they cut him in 2021 he creates 49.9M of dead cap space.  In 2022 it's still 26.5M.  2023 is the easiest out at 8.6M.  None of that says they can't or won't draft a QB but it does suggest that Ryan will be a Falcon until at least 2022.

You're right.  I didn't realize he still had that many years left on his contract and I don't see them trading away that contract.  That will be a problem for whoever the next regime is.

29 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Ryan is 35, if you had the chance to get Lawrence, why wouldn't you.   On the other hand with Ryan at QB, the team could play too well to get the #1 overall.  Best they could do would be bench Ryan  so they lose more, but that would be a tough move to make.  Could try and trade him at the deadline, but likely they'd get a much better offer in the off season if they wait.

All points to Ryan becoming the Patriots QB...He is more suited to their system than Cam

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

All points to Ryan becoming the Patriots QB...He is more suited to their system than Cam

Yeah that wouldn't be a bad choice, needs a team that is close to winning, just needs better QB play.  Though hard to knock what Cam has done so far.  But who knows behind the scenes how happy Belichick is with Cam.

Think Atlanta has better weapons though tan NE.  By the time you pay Ryan, would there be enough money left to get him better weapons too??

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Cut Ryan, draft a QB, and sign Taylor as your bridge quarterback.  Apparently your rookie QB will be phenomenal their first season.

You mean sign Fitz? Seems to be part of his cycle these days.