Dak Prescott ankle injury

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

The biggest question is how badly his muscle, tendon and soft tissue Injuries are. In many cases, this type of dislocation causes major damage to the muscles and tendons. My wife suffered a very similar injury in a car accident. While the fracture healed perfectly thanks to some screws and misc hardware, she is in chronic discomfort from the tendon damage. I’m sure sports medicine has come a long way from the time of her accident, it is still a big concern for Dak’s future.

i wish him the very best!

Your wife didn't have an unlimited budget and the best medical people in sports doing therapy on a daily basis for hours either.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

As Yolo pointed out and I mentioned elsewhere, I’m pretty confident about his physical recovery. I’m more concerned about his ability to deal with mental health, which he has mentioned as an issue in the past. Proud of him for being willing to talk about it, as it may help others. I hope he gets all the support he needs to handle both the physical and mental challenges ahead. 

I’m a bigger fan of his than I was yesterday. Praying for a full recovery! 

The long rehab is a grueling, isolating process. I remember hearing Harrison Phillips talk about it and it was sobering. Takes some serious mental strength. I hope he has close confidants and support system. 

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Assuming he's back on the field and fully mobile next summer, someone's gonna pay him if Dallas doesn't (but I still think they will).

No way he is back next summer if he broke Fibula and Tibia, which looks to be the case. 

38 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

The biggest question is how badly his muscle, tendon and soft tissue Injuries are. In many cases, this type of dislocation causes major damage to the muscles and tendons. My wife suffered a very similar injury in a car accident. While the fracture healed perfectly thanks to some screws and misc hardware, she is in chronic discomfort from the tendon damage. I’m sure sports medicine has come a long way from the time of her accident, it is still a big concern for Dak’s future.

i wish him the very best!

That is not a dislocation. It is a broken leg. Both bones are broken and it is very serious. Long road back for Dak. 

Those kind of pictures my my balls lift, man that’s some nasty stuff right there, it’s gonna suck when the “I don’t care” drugs wear off. Prayers for you Dak...

Didn't Dak pass on 30+ Million a season?

This injury might help with the Bills negotiation with Allen at the end of the season. If I were the Bills I would offer 250M for 10 years with 100M Guaranteed.  It would make him super rich and offer security. Dak gambled and lost big time. Allen might sign that deal now and save the Bills around 15M a year. 

27 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

No way he is back next summer if he broke Fibula and Tibia, which looks to be the case. 

That is not a dislocation. It is a broken leg. Both bones are broken and it is very serious. Long road back for Dak. 

Blazer's center Jusuf Nurkic had a compound fracture of his fibula/tibia in the Spring of 2019. He was back for the playoffs in the Summer of 2020.

50 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

It is a compound fracture with dislocation.

What an ugly, crushing injury to a great kid and a fine QB. My thoughts and prayers are with him for a complete recovery. The thought of JA running scares all Bill's fans. Wilson and Rogers seem to know just when to slide. Josh has more of a running back mentality. Hopefully he realizes his long term value and cuts his running down. 

My wife broke her ankle in March.  A much simpler break than Dak had.  She is back to walking but apparently it takes a year before you get fully back to normal.  I hope he has a full and successful recovery, but this will be very hard to come back completely from.