Dak Prescott ankle injury

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

‘Wash out the wound’, sounds like this is going to be a process. Feel bad for Dak, seems like a great guy. Hope he has a full recovery.

I wonder if that is a process Alex Smith didn’t have done.

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If it is a single clean break there is a chance he could be healthy by the time the 2021 season begins. Question is who is willing to sign him to a contract when they don't know how it affects him long term? 

The biggest question is how badly his muscle, tendon and soft tissue Injuries are. In many cases, this type of dislocation causes major damage to the muscles and tendons. My wife suffered a very similar injury in a car accident. While the fracture healed perfectly thanks to some screws and misc hardware, she is in chronic discomfort from the tendon damage. I’m sure sports medicine has come a long way from the time of her accident, it is still a big concern for Dak’s future.

i wish him the very best!

Edited by clayboy54
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

‘Wash out the wound’, sounds like this is going to be a process. Feel bad for Dak, seems like a great guy. Hope he has a full recovery.

Yeah, that sounds pretty bad. Obviously the bone (or bones) blew out through the skin. Not pretty.

Never liked the cowboys, but I do hope Dak heals up as quickly as possible, ugly injury for certain,  on the bright side, Dalton can potentially do very well with that team, it will be the most talent he has ever played with, saying that, I still hope they have a losing season. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Agreed.  He's also had to deal with the loss of his brother so it's been a tough year on him.  On the football side, if Dalton isn't a big drop off then the Cowboys might move on from him.

As Yolo pointed out and I mentioned elsewhere, I’m pretty confident about his physical recovery. I’m more concerned about his ability to deal with mental health, which he has mentioned as an issue in the past. Proud of him for being willing to talk about it, as it may help others. I hope he gets all the support he needs to handle both the physical and mental challenges ahead. 

I’m a bigger fan of him now than I was yesterday. Praying for a full recovery! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Look, I could give a crap about contracts, standing and whatever else: this is, from all I’ve seen, a fine young man who put his body on the line and paid a hefty price.

That, of course, leads me to the ‘I wish football was what is used to be’ crowd. These guys have such a small window to make their money that it’s insane. Wishing for a ‘hometown’ discount is so silly. Do most of us put our livelihoods on the line when we go to work each day? Absolutely not. 

These men are not gladiators and we are not Romans. 

EDIT: I should add this as well. I used to think I was invincible. I served this country and did my thing. I’ve paid the price: no big deal. But I tell my kids now: “What you do now will echo throughout the rest of your life”, and that gives them pause. I’m glad it does. These men that we root for or against each game day should hear the same. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TroutDog said:

Look, I could give a crap about contracts, standing and whatever else: this is, from all I’ve seen, a fine young man who put his body on the line and paid a hefty price.

That, of course, leads me to the ‘I wish football was what is used to be’ crowd. These guys have such a small window to make their money that it’s insane. Wishing for a ‘hometown’ discount is so silly. Do most of us put our livelihoods on the line when we go to work each day? Absolutely not. 

These men are not gladiators and we are not Romans. 

It is situations like this and that Seattle safety a couple years ago that show why these guys sit out. Playing on a one year deal is super risky. You know Dak right now is wishing he had sat out. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

As Yolo pointed out and I mentioned elsewhere, I’m pretty confident about his physical recovery. I’m more concerned about his ability to deal with mental health, which he has mentioned as an issue in the past. Proud of him for being willing to talk about it, as it may help others. I hope he gets all the support he needs to handle both the physical and mental challenges ahead. 

I’m a bigger fan of his than I was yesterday. Praying for a full recovery! 

I'm not saying he won't fully recover.  I'm saying that even if he does and Dalton puts up similar stats I doubt he gets that huge contract he's looking for.  The big question is whether an average starting quarterback can put up similar numbers with the o-line, RB's, and WR's the Cowboys do.  We'll find out now.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m a bigger fan of his than I was yesterday. Praying for a full recovery! 

Not for nothing, but I think his willingness to talk about his depression in the past is indicative that he is better equipped to handle it than those that hide their struggles with mental health. 

I’m also a bigger fan of his than I was yesterday!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

It is situations like this and that Seattle safety a couple years ago that show why these guys sit out. Playing on a one year deal is super risky. You know Dak right now is wishing he had sat out. 

I’m not sure he is and that’s the issue: in their minds, they’re all invincible. 

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Or signed the big offer. 

• Like (+1) 1

The crazy thing if you saw the injury happen? When he rolls over, and sees his leg laying in the wrong direction, he slammed it on the ground like he was just going to straighten it back out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm not saying he won't fully recover.  I'm saying that even if he does and Dalton puts up similar stats I doubt he gets that huge contract he's looking for.  The big question is whether an average starting quarterback can put up similar numbers with the o-line, RB's, and WR's the Cowboys do.  We'll find out now.

Fair enough, but from an eye test standpoint, Dalton’s passes were arriving much later than a similar pass from Dak would have. Anecdotal, clearly, but Josh sucked based on anecdotal evidence through two years. 😃 

1 minute ago, TroutDog said:

Fair enough, but from an eye test standpoint, Dalton’s passes were arriving much later than a similar pass from Dak would have. Anecdotal, clearly, but Josh sucked based on anecdotal evidence through two years. 😃 

Do you work for pff?

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

The crazy thing if you saw the injury happen? When he rolls over, and sees his leg laying in the wrong direction, he slammed it on the ground like he was just going to straighten it back out. 

Was just about to mention this. He clearly thought it was just a dislocation and tried to slam in back into place. Obviously was in shock and then realized it was much worse. Dude's a warrior

• Like (+1) 2