I’m glad we didn’t trade for Trent Williams

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That dude flat out sucks and is getting man handled by the Dolphins Defense. I can’t believe people on this board wanted him lol. 

You can easily find 20+ players out there this week our gm’s on here say would make all the difference in this team and would be the difference in Super Bowl and not. Dawkins to right tackle or guard so Trent could slide right in right? 

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

You can easily find 20+ players out there this week our gm’s on here say would make all the difference in this team and would be the difference in Super Bowl and not. Dawkins to right tackle or guard so Trent could slide right in right? 

Oh look I click on another thread and here you are calling posters “GMs” again. If we aren’t supposed to comment on what we think the GM should do because they are paid “millions” to make these decisions, then this board would be a wasteland. 

I’m just glad I’ll never have to see your opinion on personnel moves, coaching decisions, or player performance Because you respect their professionalism too much. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chemical said:

Oh look I click on another thread and here you are calling posters “GMs” again. If we aren’t supposed to comment on what we think the GM should do because they are paid “millions” to make these decisions, then this board would be a wasteland. 

I’m just glad I’ll never have to see your opinion on personnel moves, coaching decisions, or player performance Because you respect their professionalism too much. 

OMG who sh** in your corn flakes today buddy?? Feel free to use that block button and see nothing. You act as if I have singled you out but obviously take offense to the pretend gm label. 

It’s a message board, of course people have opinions and players they like. But to act as if any of us know more than even the bad gm’s it’s pretty immature. These teams have info on players we will never have access to. And I find it hilarious some of y’all “watch film” and pretend to know who is good and who is not coming out of college. Opinion is one thing, stating it as fact is another. YOU DID NOT KNOW. Cause even the professionals don’t always know. All I’ve heard the last few years is some posters banging the table how Beane is wrong and they are right. Your boy metcalf, how clowney would dominate in this defense, yannick is the 100 million dollar pass rusher we can’t live without, of course Trent can be LT and Dawkins simply move to the right, the list goes on and on. And when one of these players actually hits, holy cow we all need to hear about it. Armchair gm strikes again. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

OMG who sh** in your corn flakes today buddy?? Feel free to use that block button and see nothing. You act as if I have singled you out but obviously take offense to the pretend gm label. 

It’s a message board, of course people have opinions and players they like. But to act as if any of us know more than even the bad gm’s it’s pretty immature. These teams have info on players we will never have access to. And I find it hilarious some of y’all “watch film” and pretend to know who is good and who is not coming out of college. Opinion is one thing, stating it as fact is another. YOU DID NOT KNOW. Cause even the professionals don’t always know. All I’ve heard the last few years is some posters banging the table how Beane is wrong and they are right. Your boy metcalf, how clowney would dominate in this defense, yannick is the 100 million dollar pass rusher we can’t live without, of course Trent can be LT and Dawkins simply move to the right, the list goes on and on. And when one of these players actually hits, holy cow we all need to hear about it. Armchair gm strikes again. 

For that little rant to have value you would have to demonstrate that "even the bad GMs" strike at a better rate than some of the talented amateurs we have on this board - even given (as you rightly state) that those bad GMs have access to way more information than a talented amateur ever could. As an example @thebandit27 was huge on drafting Patrick Mahomes well over a year before he was drafted. He and I both loved Robby Anderson who is currently the 3rd leading receiver in the NFL. The guy went undrafted. 32 GMs passed on him 7 times. If you think the time people on a message board put into it is worthless then I respectfully suggest that is your loss. There is some really great content on this board every single year about the draft and guys coming out. I would submit it is better and the quality of debate superior than you get on a lot of the supposed draft websites. So stick with your approach of only paying attention to the professionals if you like, but it is your loss.

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Hey! I'm the greatest armchair GM, they should have a bust waiting for me in Canton...I'll be placed in between Kuechly and McCaffrey please:wub:

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

For that little rant to have value you would have to demonstrate that "even the bad GMs" strike at a better rate than some of the talented amateurs we have on this board - even given (as you rightly state) that those bad GMs have access to way more information than a talented amateur ever could. As an example @thebandit27 was huge on drafting Patrick Mahomes well over a year before he was drafted. He and I both loved Robby Anderson who is currently the 3rd leading receiver in the NFL. The guy went undrafted. 32 GMs passed on him 7 times. If you think the time people on a message board put into it is worthless then I respectfully suggest that is your loss. There is some really great content on this board every single year about the draft and guys coming out. I would submit it is better and the quality of debate superior than you get on a lot of the supposed draft websites. So stick with your approach of only paying attention to the professionals if you like, but it is your loss.

I think you’re off on some of this, as I don’t generally have beef with some of the content you guys post or I would be on every thread almost. Matter of fact I actually do pay attention to what some of you post about players. So don’t take it as all posters. Some of you post as your opinion not as fact. The difference is the need to be patted on the back which I don’t generally see in what I would consider the good posters. I want to say you were really high on Henry Ruggs for example (I can’t remember if it was you) and if/when the kid blows up you’re not going to be on here taking praise how you outsmarted professional gm’s and having to tell everyone. (Not the best example as Ruggs was drafted high and very few would of passed on him) 

To follow up on that didn’t you post recaps of previous drafts and your misses and hits? Maybe I have you confused with someone else but there’s not many taking credit on misses. Hopefully that clears up the difference in what I consider armchair gm’s on here

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think you’re off on some of this, as I don’t generally have beef with some of the content you guys post or I would be on every thread almost. Matter of fact I actually do pay attention to what some of you post about players. So don’t take it as all posters. Some of you post as your opinion not as fact. The difference is the need to be patted on the back which I don’t generally see in what I would consider the good posters. I want to say you were really high on Henry Ruggs for example (I can’t remember if it was you) and if/when the kid blows up you’re not going to be on here taking praise how you outsmarted professional gm’s and having to tell everyone. (Not the best example as Ruggs was drafted high and very few would of passed on him) 

To follow up on that didn’t you post recaps of previous drafts and your misses and hits? Maybe I have you confused with someone else but there’s not many taking credit on misses. Hopefully that clears up the difference in what I consider armchair gm’s on here

Yep I did my draft reviews for 2014 and 2015 this past summer. Hits and misses. I always take own my misses as well as my hits. It is part of having strong opinions. You are going to get some wrong. I got Josh Allen majorly wrong, I was too low on DK Metcalf, I loved Shaq Lawson, I had a first round grade on Ereck Flowers :sick:...... we all miss on some.

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Last miss I had was Andrew Luck...didn't see the early retirement coming:cry:

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep I did my draft reviews for 2014 and 2015 this past summer. Hits and misses. I always take own my misses as well as my hits. It is part of having strong opinions. You are going to get some wrong. I got Josh Allen majorly wrong, I was too low on DK Metcalf, I loved Shaq Lawson, I had a first round grade on Ereck Flowers :sick:...... we all miss on some.

I guess my original comments could of been taken as classifying all posters but it’s really not what I meant by it. I take issue with the negative posts bashing the team because they had a player pegged they liked and said player hits on his new team.