Now who got the best end of the Mahomes-White trade?

GreggTX

Who got the better deal?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who 'won' the trade?

• Bills
    • Chiefs

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Luck.  This is the best new flavor of the week haterade.  

LUCK.  Beane isn’t good.  He’s lucky because his players turned out to be good.  The same can be said for every Gm in the league.  

Luck isn't the only thing, but the poster I replied to said "luck had nothing to do with it".  Of course it did.  The Jests could have drafted Allen instead of Darnold.  

Josh is playing better than Mahomes this season. 

With that said, when judging who won trade, Josh shouldn't be in the equation imo. He wasn't part of the trade. KC ended up with a player who won MVP his first year starting in the league. Then followed it up with a ring and SB MVP the next season. Add on top the clear fact that Mahomes ceiling is GOAT...KC has forever won the trade and its not even close.

But considering how things ended up for us so far...WHY CARE?!?!?

16 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I’d trade our entire team for Mahomes. Is anyone watching the KC game right now? The pass he just made to Kelce was amazing. 

Is this a joke? Allen has made multiple equally impressive throws this season.

This year so far Allen has been better than Mahomes, but it's close and Mahomes has been doing it for longer. We'll have a clearer answer to this question at the end of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Is this a joke? Allen has made multiple equally impressive throws this season.

This year so far Allen has been better than Mahomes, but it's close and Mahomes has been doing it for longer. We'll have a clearer answer to this question at the end of the year.

No, I think every team in the league would do the same 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Putin said:

No , no sir it’s pure luck  !! 
It was a coin flip between  Rosen & Allen man did we get lucky !!!

Not in the Bills war room.  The Bills had Allen rated much higher than Rosen.  They were willing to trade up to 5 for Allen but had no intention of trading up for Rosen.  The leaked white board that had 1)Allen, 2)Darnold, 3)Mayfield, with the Bills willing to trade for each but not Rosen at #4 has proven to be quite accurate of the Bills mindset as draft coverage verified by other insiders had the Bills/Denver deal confirmed as long as Chubb wasn't available.  There was never a coin flip between Allen & Rosen at One Bills Drive.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’d like to say you were missed..

but its Sunday, and..

Always tryna initiate a fight with me because @SDS won't let you ban me.

Just do your job better.........the bullying and threatening folks is getting older and more tired than you at 7pm every night.:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Chiefs totally FLEECED the Bills in that trade...........and the gap is widening as Tremaine Edmunds struggles.

The Bills didn't get Josh Allen from the proceeds of that trade.

They got Tre White and Edmunds.

Tre is very good but the gap between the value of any CB and a record setting, league MVP QB that lead his long suffering franchise to a SB victory is an absolute chasm.

Allen was acquired with the Bills own 1st round pick plus multiple trade ups........none of which were related to the Chiefs trade either.

What made the trade even worse was that the Texans then immediately traded up with Cleveland............and the Browns got the #4 overall pick out of that deal while the Bills just got the #22.   Even at the time it was obvious that the Texans figured to be the much worse team.    It's inexcusable that they didn't just leverage the Chiefs offer and trade with Houston.  But perhaps that happens when you are perpetrating a charade where your GM is actually just a dude making phone calls for the HC,  who is actually making the decisions.    

But as I have said..........it's better to be lucky than good.

In the McDermott tenure the Bills have had the opportunity to draft QB's who won the last two league MVP trophies and 4 of the 5 most high value trade assets(all QB's) in the entire league.    In 3 offseasons they've had more chances at top shelf QB talent as the organization had in the prior 4-5 regimes combined.

Yes, the fact that Houston traded their 2018 pick to Cleveland after the Bills/KC trade was a bad deal for the Bills.  If they had dealt the pick to Houston, a team that would be playing a rookie QB while KC would have a proven starter at QB in 2017, they could have drafted Allen at 4 & kept both #2s & could have received a pick for Glenn instead of a move up in the draft that would have been unnecessary.   Or they could have moved up to 12 by trading Glenn to Cincy, drafted Edmunds there, & kept the 3rd pick they got for Taylor. Making the deal with KC instead of Houston was egregious.  

Just now, Chemical said:

No

Well I just watched Mahomes throw yet another near interception on the year because he misread the defense. He still makes several insane throws a year but on the whole he has been worse than Allen so far. If you only watch highlights maybe you haven't seen that.

8 hours ago, GreggTX said:

For the last 2 years, I've thought the Chiefs got the better of us when they moved up to #10 and drafted Mahomes while we got very valuable draft picks and a top CB. Now that Allen has come of age, the question deserves to be revisited? Mahomes has won a SB, a SB MVP and a league MVP. Pretty impressive. The Bills have never won a SB, but each week Josh Allen looks more and more like a QB that could give us the grand prize since 1964-1965. Will Josh Allen be sporting a SB ring some day? Will he win more rings than Mahomes? Clearly both teams benfitted from that blockbuster trade, but who got the better deal?

It may come down to the guy we actually got using the chefs picks. I thought Tremaine Edmunds, at least I was really hoping, thatTremaine would come out like a man that owned the field this year (since it is not only year three for JoshAllen but Tremaine Edmunds as well.).  Well, that didn’t happen. In fact, it looks far from t. Edmunds has been very slow to diagnose run plays, he’s seldom in the right spot, in passing plays he’s like st in a zone, seldom near the ball. He is NOT playing well.

The good news it is only week four and perhaps McD and company can work withEdmunds to turn his game around. Itseems he lacks the desire as well, imho, but I’m still going to give him the benefit of doubt. The point is, if Edmunds can do it, if he can clearly looklike a pro bowler, we can beat the chefs and win a SB.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Well I just watched Mahomes throw yet another near interception on the year because he misread the defense. He still makes several insane throws a year but on the whole he has been worse than Allen so far. If you only watch highlights maybe you haven't seen that.

I haven’t seen that but I saw he won the super bowl and heard he was awarded the MVP award for best player in the entire league. He may have won it last year too if he wasn’t injured for a chunk 

Just now, Chemical said:

I haven’t seen that but I saw he won the super bowl and heard he was awarded the MVP award for best player in the entire league. He may have won it last year too if he wasn’t injured for a chunk 

Lamar Jackson won the MVP too. Let's ignore everything happening in 2020 and trade our entire team for him too.

Actually I'm gonna bow out of this one now. Good luck with your hot takes.

8 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Yes, the fact that Houston traded their 2018 pick to Cleveland after the Bills/KC trade was a bad deal for the Bills.  If they had dealt the pick to Houston, a team that would be playing a rookie QB while KC would have a proven starter at QB in 2017, they could have drafted Allen at 4 & kept both #2s & could have received a pick for Glenn instead of a move up in the draft that would have been unnecessary.   Or they could have moved up to 12 by trading Glenn to Cincy, drafted Edmunds there, & kept the 3rd pick they got for Taylor. Making the deal with KC instead of Houston was egregious.  

Long before McDermott ever came here and told us to "trust the process"  I was telling people on here that the draft is a process, not an event.

You gotta' have systems in place to prevent fundamental and "heat of the moment" errors.

If they had them.........then they were flawed.

That trade was bad.   With respect to the Lamonica trade error........which happened at a time when the Bills roster was trending down sharply.......the Mahomes pick trade was probably the single worst transaction in terms of potential impact in team history. 

But one of the great things about the way the NFL is set up is that teams are given plenty of opportunities to right themselves after making bad decisions.

I liked the Allen pick for the same reason I wanted them to draft Mahomes.............the potential upside was tremendous. 

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Luck isn't the only thing, but the poster I replied to said "luck had nothing to do with it".  Of course it did.  The Jests could have drafted Allen instead of Darnold.  

So that’s the luck you speak of.  You can literally say that about every player a GM drafts.  You can say that about every free agent a team signs. “Well if a another team decided to pay him more, we wouldn’t have been able to sign him”. 

sorry, I just don’t think it’s ok to claim a GM is  “lucky”.  It’s really lame.  Others have said that Beane is “lucky” that the QB we drafted turned out to be good.  I’m sure Him signing brown, Beasley and trading for Diggs had nothing to do with it.  Just pure luck.  The Jets GM was unlucky that Darnold sucks.....it has nothing to do with the fact that the GM didn’t give him an NFL caliber OL or NFL caliber WRs.  Luck.  Lol

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

So that’s the luck you speak of.  You can literally say that about every player a GM drafts.  You can say that about every free agent a team signs. “Well if a another team decided to pay him more, we wouldn’t have been able to sign him”. 

sorry, I just don’t think it’s ok to claim a GM is  “lucky”.  It’s really lame.  Others have said that Beane is “lucky” that the QB we drafted turned out to be good.  I’m sure Him signing brown, Beasley and trading for Diggs had nothing to do with it.  Just pure luck.  The Jets GM was unlucky that Darnold sucks.....it has nothing to do with the fact that the GM didn’t give him an NFL caliber OL or NFL caliber WRs.  Luck.  Lol

I think we can say that Grigson was lucky with the Luck pick.