Around the NFL. Sunday Gameday

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Man, that Dak injury was stomach turning. That's what I always worry about when Josh takes off but sadly it's just freakishly bad luck.

I have to say the guy has balls of steel - his foot was twisted the wrong way and it looked like he slammed it into the turf to turn it back. I'd have been puking all over my facemask I think, These guys are tough

Yup.. 999 out of 1,000 times, nothing happens there, knock on wood.   Just dumb luck.  

It’s shock.  There’s been some brutal injuries in the NBA recently and the players had the same reaction. 

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Romo is amazing but that wasn’t his best moment ha

Agreed, I like Romo a ton in the booth. 

Really feel bad for Dak, that really sucks. As other mentioned this is what I worry with Allen with at times as he runs so damn hard. 

Edited by Real McNasty

4 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

To be fair - the original shot was from further away and he was grabbing his calf - at first glance that is what it looked like - then they went in closer (even here I thought at first glance his shoe had come off - the image doesn't make sense initially to the human brain)

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

Goodness that was ugly.

Theisman's as well. glad I never saw that one.

Another horrible one was the recently deceased Gale Sayers, the injury that ended his career.

The story was that when they got him to the sideline and some teamates saw the injury, a number of them vomited.

Just now, SCBills said:

Yup.. 999 out of 1,000 times, nothing happens there.   Just dumb luck.  

It’s shock.  There’s been some brutal injuries in the NBA recently and the players had the same reaction. 

Jusuf Nurkic last year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah. Tim Krumbrie in Super Bowl XXIII was pretty horrific too. And McGahee. And the Raider's RB in the 90s. Forgoet his name. Maybe Kaufman

Dang, I forgot all about McGahee....yeah that was absolutely nasty..so nasty in fact I was furious with the Bills for drafting him, I didn't think he would recover enough to have a legitimate NFL career.  He worked his butt off....

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah. Tim Krumbrie in Super Bowl XXIII was pretty horrific too. And McGahee. And the Raider's RB in the 90s. Forgoet his name. Maybe Kaufman

Although not televised I've read that Bridgewater's was far worse than all of them which is hard to imagine.  I find myself rooting for him all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

YouTube Lawrence Taylor ends Joe Theisman's career, and you'll see something just as horrific.

Saw that one live when I was like 10 years old. Still remember it to this day.

• Like (+1) 1