Article: Jim Kelly says Josh Allen is a worthy successor: 'I’m very confident in that'

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I've been saying the same for years.  At least Thurman and Andre finally STFU.  Kelly "won't say 100%?"  Who ***** cares?  He had his chance. It's Josh's team now, whether Kelly endorses him or not.

The way he said he wasn't 100% was more about the whole luck of someone not having injuries derail their career. Pretty much saying he's certain about the guy unless we have some real ***** luck and he gets hurt.

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

For the record, proud Gen-Xer here.

The “glory days” were middle school and high school for me. What a fantastic time in a young man’s life for his favorite team to be so damn good! I lived it. Often in person. Fortunate to have actually been at legendary games in person, including “The Comeback”, and “51-3”, amongst others.

BUT...that was a long time ago. I personally no longer care what these guys think/say/do anymore. It’s completely irrelevant, in my opinion.

And I cannot back the “to each their. own” vibe enough. You want to hang on to that ancient history, then you enjoy that. I just feel the young guns shouldn’t be kept in the shadows of these fossils anymore. 

You can't enjoy both? I still love the Kelly era. I've been a season ticket holder for 40 years and I've loved every minute of it, good or bad. Nothing is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

Yeah, I'm not a millennial, and I stand by my take.

This franchise milked the past for 20 years. I'm ready for the future.

Got an easy solution for you.

Don't open threads with "Kelly" in the title. Like this thread.

That's why the threads have titles.

• Like (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Somewhat ironic coming from the guy who named himself after a punter from 35 years ago.

Oh yeah, I’m a still a huuuuuge John Kidd fan!!

I wonder what he thinks about Corey Bojorquez?? 😂 

46 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't mean to downplay this but didn't Kelly say EJ "had it all" at one point.

Kelly is the #1 fan of this franchise,  He is desperate to see a successor more than anyone else. He was very hopeful of 

Drew Bledsoe

Trent Edwards

Ryan Fitzpatrick

EJ Manuel

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Kelly is the #1 fan of this franchise,  He is desperate to see a successor more than anyone else. He was very hopeful of 

Drew Bledsoe

Trent Edwards

Ryan Fitzpatrick

EJ Manuel

Poor JP and Tyrod.  No Thad Lewis, Brian Brohm, or Kevin Kolb?

Jim Kelly is a first ballot hall of game quarterback with a rocket arm who played his entire career in the same stadium and same winds as Josh Allen. He ran the most innovative offense of his era and is the last quarterback in NFL history to call his own plays. The team certainly should be reaching out to schedule meetings with Jim Kelly. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

For the record, proud Gen-Xer here.

The “glory days” were middle school and high school for me. What a fantastic time in a young man’s life for his favorite team to be so damn good! I lived it. Often in person. Fortunate to have actually been at legendary games in person, including “The Comeback”, and “51-3”, amongst others.

BUT...that was a long time ago. I personally no longer care what these guys think/say/do anymore. It’s completely irrelevant, in my opinion.

And I cannot back the “to each their. own” vibe enough. You want to hang on to that ancient history, then you enjoy that. I just feel the young guns shouldn’t be kept in the shadows of these fossils anymore. 

Point taken, but the “young guns” haven’t even won a playoff game yet #respectgreatness

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

The way he said he wasn't 100% was more about the whole luck of someone not having injuries derail their career. Pretty much saying he's certain about the guy unless we have some real ***** luck and he gets hurt.

Yup, I thought that it was pretty obvious that was exactly what JK was saying. 

Reading comprehension is a lost art it would appear...

Edited by Don Otreply

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So you want him to just refuse to talk about the Bills now? I mean he was the last great Bills QB why would sports media not come to him to ask questions?

I still remember when Jim Kelly wanted to no part of Buffalo and now lives in Buffalo and is the Bills biggest supporter,  just like fans Jim has been waiting a long time to finally see the team have a great QB.  Good for Jim and hope he lives another 30 years

30 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

On the field, Jim Kelly has a say... off the field? Josh has already done more positive things in 2 years to surpass the bad stuff from the Kelly era 

I kinda prefer the positive on the field stuff like winning playoff games, making the Super Bowl 4 times as opposed to opening some golf ranges in Buffalo as Josh has done.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've been saying the same for years.  At least Thurman and Andre finally STFU.  Kelly "won't say 100%?"  Who ***** cares?  He had his chance. It's Josh's team now, whether Kelly endorses him or not.

He's the most famous Buffalo Bill of all time. It's him or OJ

And everybody wants to talk to both of them

He just answers questions that he's asked he doesn't go around looking for Josh Allen interviews

• Like (+1) 1