Article: Jim Kelly says Josh Allen is a worthy successor: 'I’m very confident in that'

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jim-kelly-loves-seeing-josh-allen-become-heir-to-bills-throne

“I’m very confident in that,” Kelly told Serby Says. “I won’t say 100 percent. But what I see so far, barring injury, I love it. I love his enthusiasm, I like the system that they’re running, I like everything about what’s going on — except for the pandemic that’s going on, because I can’t go watch it.”

Someone on staff give Kelly a job even if it is in Offense booth on home days.

Wyoming head coach Craig Bohl and Dawkins too.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jim-kelly-loves-seeing-josh-allen-become-heir-to-bills-throne

Someone on staff give Kelly a job even if it is in Offense booth on home days.

Wyoming head coach Craig Bohl and Dawkins too.

After everything Kelly has been through, I'm sure he's content to spend his days with family and friends without having to worry about coaching or anything else.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Nice read, thanks, I liked the, we’re gonna win this F ing game”  quote, that’s what it takes! 

Go Bills!!!

13 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

I wish the old guys would just let this team be itself. They had their time.

So you want him to just refuse to talk about the Bills now? I mean he was the last great Bills QB why would sports media not come to him to ask questions?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

I don’t understand this, really. They were invited in, we’re at the apex of their profession and did it really, really well. They do have knowledge and that should never be shied away from in my opinion. 

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So you want him to just refuse to talk about the Bills now? I mean he was the last great Bills QB why would sports media not come to him to ask questions?

Yeah, that was a bit odd and myopic as a statement. Can only surmise that there are a few millennials out there that never saw the last great Bills QB and have no idea what it was really like waiting for another, or are unable to appreciate how much those SB team players kept active in the community and supported the team during the relevance drought.

To each their own, but I find that it does not take too much personal currency to take a moment to be respectful and listen to what older generations have to say. When you are younger you take for granted the older people around you who are there when you need them. Even if you happen to be a stubbornly independent young man there is a subconscious safety net that you do not realize is there until death sweeps them away... then before you know it all the young adults are looking to you to be that safety net and make the grown-up decisions.

Looking back that should never have been a surprise because it is the way life works - maybe when we are younger we are blessed with a healthy dose of self-centered denial :)

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Yeah, I'm not a millennial, and I stand by my take.

This franchise milked the past for 20 years. I'm ready for the future.

Not sure how the franchise past mismanagement translates to disrespecting former players that had real accomplishments and made the game exciting to watch when they played.

You don't have to be stuck in the past to acknowledge those contributions while embracing the future, but as I said - to each their own. 

You do sound rather bitter though - it is not like a lot of us did not live through the same drought....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Not bitter. I'm just ready for a new era.

There was a time I revered those guys, but that was long, long ago.

Like you said, each their own.

It’s definitely not a popular take, but I feel ya man, to the word.

Good memories, good times. But live in the past, die in the past.

• Like (+1) 6

For the record, proud Gen-Xer here.

The “glory days” were middle school and high school for me. What a fantastic time in a young man’s life for his favorite team to be so damn good! I lived it. Often in person. Fortunate to have actually been at legendary games in person, including “The Comeback”, and “51-3”, amongst others.

BUT...that was a long time ago. I personally no longer care what these guys think/say/do anymore. It’s completely irrelevant, in my opinion.

And I cannot back the “to each their. own” vibe enough. You want to hang on to that ancient history, then you enjoy that. I just feel the young guns shouldn’t be kept in the shadows of these fossils anymore. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

OC Diabolical is calling plays from box which has improved it IMO.

He has said he was respected Jim's knowledge.

While Jim was not a coach he called his own plays from huddle and he knows things from QB point of view.

All I am suggesting is he be hired on game days and maybe Saturday as Senior Offense Assistant as someone to bounce ideas with at home games.

Jim gets an official title so can see games and is a sounding board for Brian Daboll as much as Daboll wants.  Jim would be in his shadow.

38 minutes ago, boater said:

For those millennials poo-pooing Jim Kelly, and his opinion of today's team, watch this: (Facebook) The Amazing Accuracy of Jim Kelly.

Nobody did it better than Kelly. But interestingly, when you watch Kelly highlights, you see Josh Allen 2020. The resemblance is uncanny. Life is good.

On the throws to Tasker Tasker looks like Beasley.  :D

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

For the record, proud Gen-Xer here.

The “glory days” were middle school and high school for me. What a fantastic time in a young man’s life for his favorite team to be so damn good! I lived it. Often in person. Fortunate to have actually been at legendary games in person, including “The Comeback”, and “51-3”, amongst others.

BUT...that was a long time ago. I personally no longer care what these guys think/say/do anymore. It’s completely irrelevant, in my opinion.

And I cannot back the “to each their. own” vibe enough. You want to hang on to that ancient history, then you enjoy that. I just feel the young guns shouldn’t be kept in the shadows of these fossils anymore. 

Same here, well said.... Agree 100%

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

After everything Kelly has been through, I'm sure he's content to spend his days with family and friends without having to worry about coaching or anything else.

Amen to that. Let Jim enjoy the bright future of the Bills any way he wants. As long as its cancer free and with his family. He can enjoy the Josh Allen experience with the rest of us.

• Like (+1) 1

More Jim on Josh (from the L.A. Times):

“This is the first time I’ve ever really, really been excited about a quarterback on our team.  We’ve had some, and it was always, ‘We’ll see. We’ll see. … Yeah, he’s got the potential, but we’ll see.’ With Josh, I think he’s proven to everybody he can play. Now he just has to stay healthy. Number two, being in the same system a number of years is going to help. And three, it’s getting the players around him.”

2 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

I've been saying the same for years.  At least Thurman and Andre finally STFU.  Kelly "won't say 100%?"  Who ***** cares?  He had his chance. It's Josh's team now, whether Kelly endorses him or not.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3