Bills fans in Gatlinburg, TN

NCDAWG

1 hour ago, NCDAWG said:

Been here all week, we have seen our fair share of Bills fans. Met a guy that works for Rich products. Pretty cool.

Nice. When you get back in town,  Bills games are always on in my garage on Sundays (Since you live in Concord, too)!!!!!

I live about 45 minutes from Gatlinburg in Maryville (pronounced "Mer-vul" and like 20 miles due-south of Knoxville).  I've seen one or two of us around town here but don't know any personally.  Hopefully other Bills fans in my area have at least noticed my Bills stickers on my cars and my "Bills Mafia" license plate frame which I'm very proud of.

It's been nice having the Bills play the Titans so often the last few years.  As you can imagine without the Sunday Ticket I don't get to see so many regular season games.   Hopefully things will come back around like they were in the early 90's when they'd showed Bills games all the time because they were so good. 

Edited by Distorted One

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was in the smoky mountains last weekend - watched the bills-raiders game on my phone (they only got colts-bears) on a deck overlooking the woods and hiking trails next to a fire pit. It was glorious. 

I’d say that makes it worth watching on a phone. Beautiful part of the country. 

• Like (+1) 2

Happy to host Plano and any other Bills Backers at my house in downtown Chattanooga, assuming game is shown on Sunday Ticket. Will get wings from Taco Mac, local watering hole with authentic wings owned by native Buffalonians. Email me if interested: joeveys@hotmail.com

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was in the smoky mountains last weekend - watched the bills-raiders game on my phone (they only got colts-bears) on a deck overlooking the woods and hiking trails next to a fire pit. It was glorious. 

We have some great views of this side of the Smokies from all parts of town.  Been here since 2015 and feel more at home here than I ever did in 30 years in the DC area. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’d say that makes it worth watching on a phone. Beautiful part of the country. 

We did a tour of small NC mountain towns a few weeks ago. The wife hates the heat, I hate the cold. The dream is, when she retires, a place in (tax free) Sarasota, FL for most of the year and a place in the Smokies for the sweltering months. Hey! A guy can dream! 

I really didn’t fully appreciate the beauty of the Smokies until we were driving into Blowing Rock. I am FULLY sold! 

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

We did a tour of small NC mountain towns a few weeks ago. The wife hates the heat, I hate the cold. The dream is, when she retires, a place in (tax free) Sarasota, FL for most of the year and a place in the Smokies for the sweltering months. Hey! A guy can dream! 

I really didn’t fully appreciate the beauty of the Smokies until we were driving into Blowing Rock. I am FULLY sold! 

Absolutely: there are gorgeous towns tucked in all through the region. 

What you’re thinking of is the best of both worlds: mountains AND beach! 😃 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I have 200 acres in Central Tennessee and I love that area. It was too bad covid hit. The game was amazing last time.

We TOOK OVER Nashville last year! It was awesome! We always travel well, but certain places will draw better than others. I circled this game when the schedule came out. Bummer, but I’ll be glad for whatever we get in this crazy year. It’s all I can do.....

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

We TOOK OVER Nashville last year! It was awesome! We always travel well, but certain places will draw better than others. I circled this game when the schedule came out. Bummer, but I’ll be glad for whatever we get in this crazy year. It’s all I can do.....

Anyplace else in country we need to watch out for that you circled?

4 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Absolutely: there are gorgeous towns tucked in all through the region. 

What you’re thinking of is the best of both worlds: mountains AND beach! 😃 

We don’t need a big house. Heck, I don’t even WANT a big house!  Location and weather are everything to me. Two smaller places just big enough to hold a few family/guests and give me some outside living is ideal. Bills game on the covered porch by a fire is my goal. 

Now.........if only we can make that happen.......

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Anyplace else in country we need to watch out for that you circled?

Well, Nashville and the Buffalo home opener were my two “circled” games this year. I’m glad Buffalo has fared better than Nashville (so far). 

Next year will eventually be here, but not soon enough! 

Edited by Augie

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

We don’t need a big house. Heck, I don’t even WANT a big house!  Location and weather is everything to me. Two smaller places just big enough to hold a few family/guests and give me some outside living is ideal. Bills game on the covered porch by a fire is my goal. 

Now.........if only we can make that happen.......

Agree completely...it’s just me after this year as my last one is about to fly the coop. I will be downsizing RADICALLY. I’ve vacillated on moving back south but will stay here for now due to exceptional medical care. 

With that being said, half of me misses the south (19 years down there) and the other half completely loves the three seasons here in WNY. If not for that one darn season lasting too long here! 😃 

• Like (+1) 1