Who Is the Top Threat to Take Down the Chiefs in the AFC? BR article. CBS, Greenberg

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2912600-who-is-the-top-threat-to-take-down-the-chiefs-in-the-afc.amp.html

Buffalo Bills. 

Why it could be them

Quarterback Josh Allen's breakout third season with new top weapon Stefon Diggs has pushed the Buffalo Bills from good to great, if not special.

Allen owns a perfect 158.3 passer rating on deep balls, his 154.4 rating in the fourth quarter of one-score games ranks No. 1 in the AFC, his 146.6 third-down rating ranks second in the NFL, and he's thrown nine touchdown passes to zero interceptions in the red zone.

What more can you ask?

It's also difficult to find a weak spot. Allen is becoming a star,

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 18
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It’s really unprecedented times right now... Any team with a top 3 QB is in the running and we definitely have that. 

As Bills fans we’re just programmed to wait for the catch. Could this be the year we don’t hit it?

Giant meteors are definitely on the way to OBD

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

56 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It’s really unprecedented times right now... Any team with a top 3 QB is in the running and we definitely have that. 

As Bills fans we’re just programmed to wait for the catch. Could this be the year we don’t hit it?

I lurk on one of the Pats boards.  Don't ask me why; it's a weird thing.

But the near constant mantra since we started hot is "the Bills have started hot before - they always unravel."

I mean, some truth - but that was with a completely different team, coach, GM, owner, QB...the works.  This is the same team in name only.

But still....it worries me.  Irrationally.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2912600-who-is-the-top-threat-to-take-down-the-chiefs-in-the-afc.amp.html

Buffalo Bills. 

Why it could be them

Quarterback Josh Allen's breakout third season with new top weapon Stefon Diggs has pushed the Buffalo Bills from good to great, if not special.

Allen owns a perfect 158.3 passer rating on deep balls, his 154.4 rating in the fourth quarter of one-score games ranks No. 1 in the AFC, his 146.6 third-down rating ranks second in the NFL, and he's thrown nine touchdown passes to zero interceptions in the red zone.

What more can you ask?

those numbers are so sick.. just wow. 

• Like (+1) 2

The argument in favor of the Bills rests on the faulty assumption that their defense is as good as it was the past couple of years.  For some reason (no Star?) it just isn't as good this year.  I think the improvement in the Bills offense is much greater than the problems in their defense, so overall they're a much better team, but in order to take down the Chiefs, the Bills will need to slow down Mahomes, and only Belichick seems to be able to do that.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Success said:

I lurk on one of the Pats boards.  Don't ask me why; it's a weird thing.

But the near constant mantra since we started hot is "the Bills have started hot before - they always unravel."

I mean, some truth - but that was with a completely different team, coach, GM, owner, QB...the works.  This is the same team in name only.

But still....it worries me.  Irrationally.

They can't always unravel. That's wishful thinking by Patriot fans

10 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

They can't always unravel. That's wishful thinking by Patriot fans

I think the danger is more related to injuries to a few key players, than to the team losing its focus.  Unraveling is unlikely.  Getting crippled by injury or covid is always a possibility.

15 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The argument in favor of the Bills rests on the faulty assumption that their defense is as good as it was the past couple of years.  For some reason (no Star?) it just isn't as good this year.  I think the improvement in the Bills offense is much greater than the problems in their defense, so overall they're a much better team, but in order to take down the Chiefs, the Bills will need to slow down Mahomes, and only Belichick seems to be able to do that.

I am also concerned about the defense. The lack of depth at CB and LB is becoming alarming to me.

In the following order - Bills, Steelers, Pats, Colts 

I know folks on here don't want to read this, but Pats are still a dangerous team.  They could have easily beaten the Seahawks and hung with KC for a while with terrible back-up QB play.  They will still be a tough out for Buffalo if for nothing else the mental side of it - think Bulls Pistons late 80's.

I don't see Titans, Browns, or Ravens being able to beat KC in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The article call L Jackson the top dual threat QB in the league.  Granted it's only 4 weeks, but I would think you could easily argue that role as #1 should be Allen as Jackson doesn't have close to the arm of Allen.  If Allen needs to, he can run almost as well as Jackson.

Nobody runs as well as Jackson. He also has a fairly strong arm but not in the same ball park as Josh.

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Buffalo Bills. 

Why it could be them

What more can you ask?

I just can’t fathom these numbers.  I feel like I have awoke in an alternate universe.  Perfect passer rating on deep balls?  146 on third down.  The Buffalo Bills?   This is crazy.  And fun.  

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Buffalo Bills. 

Why it could be them

What more can you ask?

My good neighbor and big Steeler fan commented to me yesterday on how good Buffalo looked close to the lines of being the best team in football. He also mentioned without the Bills D playing like it did last season. Coming from a Steeler fan with big Ben back and someone accustomed to seeing great football. It was a huge compliment from an outsider looking in. Steeler fans in my area (Corry, Pa) are forced to watch all Bills away games so he see's allot of what we see.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Figster said:

My good neighbor and big Steeler fan commented to me yesterday on how good Buffalo looked close to the lines of being the best team in football. He also mentioned without the Bills D playing like it did last season. Coming from a Steeler fan with big Ben back and someone accustomed to seeing great football. It was a huge compliment from an outsider looking in. Steeler fans in my area (Corry, Pa) are forced to watch all Bills away games so he see's allot of what we see.

If our D can get anywhere close to where it was last year we will prove to be the undoubted super bowl favorites come December. 🤞🏾

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

In the following order - Bills, Steelers, Pats, Colts 

I know folks on here don't want to read this, but Pats are still a dangerous team.  They could have easily beaten the Seahawks and hung with KC for a while with terrible back-up QB play.  They will still be a tough out for Buffalo if for nothing else the mental side of it - think Bulls Pistons late 80's.

I don't see Titans, Browns, or Ravens being able to beat KC in the playoffs.  

I agree somewhat but... Miami and the Cowboys could have beat Seattle.