NFL Launches LGBTQ History Month PSA

WotAGuy

8 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Mick, I am not seeing much resistance here to the ad campaign.  Are you sure that the above isn't just a dig at folks that you thought would be outraged and object to this gesture by the NFL? 

Peace.

I'm seeing plenty of grumping. Perhaps grumping is in the eye of the begrumped?

• Haha (+1) 1

Justice in any place at any time should be applauded and upheld. The only one shading your football experience over something like this is you. Just relax and enjoy the games. It's all up to you. It's no different than someone accusing you of somehow reducing their enjoyment of this forum. Either way, I'm not going to let it ruin the experience and I hope you won't either.

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

That is like Cam "Fig" Newton and Deion "Neon" Sanders giving fashion advice.  It may be your thing but it is not mine.

It’s nothing like that.    What’s your email address?   We gotta get you registered for the show.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/9/2020 at 9:35 PM, The Old Man said:

Die hard football fans like myself just want to turn on a game and enjoy it without having all the politics injected and interwoven into it. The NFL under NFL Commissioner Goodell has become a political voice for the liberal agenda and political correctness. Goodell has, for all intensive purposes ruined football for this fan.

Hey if the NFL was really about tolerance and being inclusive why not have a Christianity month, a Mormon Month, etc..

You're spot on. 

• Like (+1) 2

I mean creating a culture where being gay in an NFL locker room is not a taboo is certainly a good thing. Thought in reality I am sure there are gay players in the NFL whose teammates know they are gay. That is certainly the case in the Premier League soccer over here it is fan acceptance that tends to hold people back from being publically out but also the pressure to be publically out is in itself at times a barrier. A player should be able to just go about his life, live with his partner, go for dinner and hold his hand in public or whatever it is he wants to do without feeling he needs to make some big statement about his sexuality. I'm no longer convinced that we need the first big domino to fall in a really public way to get to that point.

As for the NFL supporting this campaign..... the NFL throws its weight behind any number of causes, the crucial catch campaign, the breast cancer awareness campaign, the salute to service campaign, this is just another to add to the list. It shouldn't bother anybody. If they can't take watching a video of some football players saying it is okay to be gay then the problem really is with them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic