NFL Launches LGBTQ History Month PSA

WotAGuy

10 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Just wondering if it will trigger as much outrage as kneeling did. Probably not, because it’s not as easy as claiming patriotism. 

The “I’m a patriot and you’re not” claim has always been a tragically weak trope. 

Now my kids can't watch football. They began the Year by attempting till me and my kids what we can't think.  Now, they're focusing on a topic that is purely sexual before my kids have gotten through thinking boys have cooties.  

They are pushing us to explain sex to our kids that used to come in time.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

LGBT folks have money too. And they spend some of it on entertainment. And their numbers are not insignificant. And they have many supportive allies. And they are not the biggest NFL fans around. Seems like it is a nice thing to do and on top of that, it would be corporate negligence to ignore so many potential new fans. Marketing-wise, the LGBT community has always been hyper-loyal to brands they perceive as being on their side. 

As for the grumpy grumpermeisters that are inevitably going to grump, grump, grump, their kvetching is added amusement for us all. Its a win-win situation. And if a bunch of them leave football over it, then its a win-win-win situation.

Mick, I am not seeing much resistance here to the ad campaign.  Are you sure that the above isn't just a dig at folks that you thought would be outraged and object to this gesture by the NFL? 

Peace.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Just wondering if it will trigger as much outrage as kneeling did. Probably not, because it’s not as easy as claiming patriotism. 

Instead of kneeling it will be bending over during the anthem.

The NFL seems to work overtime at alienating its fan base. They should stay neutral on all social and political issues and try to insure the best possible product possible and that would be good football games that two opposing viewpoint people could sit beside each other and high five during the game.

At least the Bills have It Takes All of Us on their helmets. Other teams border on nauseating slogans.

But I'm just a fan that just wants to watch football, and none of the rest of the bull crap.

45 minutes ago, BillsBytheBay said:

Now my kids can't watch football. They began the Year by attempting till me and my kids what we can't think.  Now, they're focusing on a topic that is purely sexual before my kids have gotten through thinking boys have cooties.  

They are pushing us to explain sex to our kids that used to come in time.

But those ED pill adverts every other commercial break during an NFL broadcast are totes fine, amirite??

Edited by 4_kidd_4
  • Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Die hard football fans like myself just want to turn on a game and enjoy it without having all the politics injected and interwoven into it. The NFL under NFL Commissioner Goodell has become a political voice for the liberal agenda and political correctness. Goodell has, for all intensive purposes ruined football for this fan.

Come on man. The one thing you can control in this world is how you react to things. If you don’t like The politics or causes, that’s your choice, 100% agree with that. To say that football is being ruined by commercials or what people wear or put on their uniform is a bit of a stretch. Change isn’t always comfortable but sometimes it’s necessary. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This is fantastic...can’t wait for “Hetero” month so my people can be represented too...

When is Old White Guy Month?  The players could wear white compression socks as a show of unity. 

53 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

You can hope, right?

I’m waiting to hear how my MIL is gonna react.  She signed off the NFL this year because of kneeling. 🤣

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

When is Old White Guy Month?  The players could wear white compression socks as a show of unity. 

White New Balance sneakers
socks and sandals

cargo shorts

fanny packs

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

The “I’m a patriot and you’re not” claim has always been a tragically weak trope. 

I had a conversation with a very good friend yesterday whose daughter came out years ago. We were talking about society’s acceptance of LGBTQ and how “*****” used to be a pejorative and is now an identification.  I had to look it up to see what it means 🤣. So, in my friend’s eyes, something like this by the NFL May be a money grab but is also lending more acceptance of all people. 
edit: the “Q” in LGBTQ is what got blanked above. 

Edited by WotAGuy

9 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I had a conversation with a very good friend yesterday whose daughter came out years ago. We were talking about society’s acceptance of LGBTQ and how “*****” used to be a pejorative and is now an identification.  I had to look it up to see what it means 🤣. So, in my friend’s eyes, something like this by the NFL May be a money grab but is also lending more acceptance of all people. 

So who is outraged again?

Is this the invisible grievance thread?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Never claimed to be a patriot - terrible at lying and cheating.  When I took my lie detector test for clearance I was failing on questions which were supposed to establish baseline for truth and lies.  I had trouble lying on cue.

41 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This is fantastic...can’t wait for “Hetero” month so my people can be represented too...

Maybe they will have ex-con month so you will fit in with your orange jump suit.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

The league is smart enough to know everyones money is green, and if by their actions this segment of our society is accepted and treated as valued  people like the rest of us are it is certainly a good thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

My uncle fought cancer and his husband was by his side every step of the way.  He eventually passed and it was the purest form of love I’ve ever witnessed.  

Im a huge supporter of LGBTQ rights and equality.  

That said, sometimes you just don’t want to be lectured all the time, even when you agree with the subject matter.   

Im fine with the NFL doing this.. I won’t stop watching or anything like that, but after the barrage of social justice stuff, and now this... I just don’t need to be told how to feel at all times. 

I support black lives.  I’ll vote (third party).  I support LGBTQ rights.   I don’t need to be told to do so all the time. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Where is there anything about politics?  Patriotism is not politics. There are plenty of threads talking Xs and Os. Knock yourself out. 

Ok bud. Are you willfully ignorant, or intentionally trolling? Either way, your OP was cool, but then you decided to take it off the the rails by direct prodding of political issues that are expressly prohibited. Maybe the rules only apply in one direction? 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Sad 1