Revisting 2019 Draft - D.K. Metcalf?

Just now, Yav said:

Metcalf will be the next David Boston and I believe it’s the biggest reason the Bills passed on him. 

He could be, his story is hardly complete at this point and his current incredibly built frame might not last very long.    I always marveled at David Boston, thought he would b a real star for years.

Just now, Yav said:

Metcalf will be the next David Boston and I believe it’s the biggest reason the Bills passed on him. 

He could be, his story is hardly complete at this point and his current incredibly built frame might not last very long.    I always marveled at David Boston, thought he would b a real star for years.

7 minutes ago, mattynh said:

We could have traded back a few times to the last pick in the second round and drafted Metcalf.  THen all the picks we traded back with we can look at the draft now and see who the best players were at those spots and lets say we have them too.

yeah really lets not even bother watching the Bills as they are today, let's instead imagine if we min/max'd every single draft, won every coin flip, got every call, and married every pretty girl, then we can argue about it on the internet

• Haha (+1) 2

While most can agree Metcalf would have been a better pick than Ford, it’s important to note that Metcalf on the Bills likely means no trade for Diggs.

Seeing how well Diggs is playing for the Bills, how much his presence improves the team overall, and that the Bills currently sit 4-0 and have a top 5 offense, I’m happy with the way things turned out.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Logic said:

While most can agree Metcalf would have been a better pick than Ford, it’s important to note that Metcalf on the Bills likely means no trade for Diggs.

Seeing how well Diggs is playing for the Bills, how much his presence improves the team overall, and that the Bills currently sit 4-0 and have a top 5 offense, I’m happy with the way things turned out.

Yes things turned out OK.

But no one can say he wasn't worth a top 10 pick, let alone a pick in the second.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

But no one can say he wasn't worth a top 10 pick, let alone a pick in the second.

Would you prefer that the Bills had picked him rather than Oliver?

17 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

We got this Gabe Davis kid this year. I'm good.

Same here. I also like how our entire group of Wide Receivers look. I look forward to seeing Isaiah Hodgins getting some playing time.

If you people want to keep lamenting on DK Metcalf, go ahead.

I really like how our team looks right now, and I think Beane and McDermott overall have made some very good personnel decisions.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm going to say right here right now that DKM was not and is not worth a top 10 pick.   That's just crazy talk.  He's playing well in a top offense, but put him on a bottom feeder team and maybe even you wouldnt spend your life pining for him.  Just picture Darnold and Flacco throwing to him and see if you're still hot and bothered.  

In one thread we're talking about trading Wyatt Teller as a mistake, and in this thread we're saying Ford is definitely a worse pick than Metcalf. Let's wait and see what happens. At guard Ford has been fine and the receiving corps right now is the best position group on the team.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

In one thread we're talking about trading Wyatt Teller as a mistake, and in this thread we're saying Ford is definitely a worse pick than Metcalf. Let's wait and see what happens. At guard Ford has been fine and the receiving corps right now is the best position group on the team.

4-0, Top five offense, best team In a quarter century...and we’re talking about the guard and WR that got away.

Bills fans gonna Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What a brilliant fella you must be.  I would have picked Russel Wilson before he was picked, if he was one inch taller he would have been a top 10 pick imo.

So what awards do you and i get beyond useless bragging on an anonymous Bills chatroom.

That's enough for me, I don't know about you.

I like being right.

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don’t, or else I wouldn’t have asked.

There was a lot written at draft time, he is not a team player. I bet he hit FA and signs with the highest bidder no matter which team makes the offer.