Revisting 2019 Draft - D.K. Metcalf?

So, watching what D.K. Metcalf has done so far this season and listening to Russell Wilson, I was looking over the 2019 draft and was thinking about our picks. Metcalf went #64 - last player chosen in Round 2. We took Ed Oliver Round 1 and Cody Ford Round 2. 

Would we change anything? If we took Metcalf, probably not make the trade for Diggs? Is Metcalf more "valuable" than Oliver or Ford? Thoughts??

It made sense to go with Oliver when they did.

It made no sense to pass on Metcalf for Cody Ford.

Might have seen a big jump in Josh's passing LAST year had they taken DK.

Also Ford being used as a guard last summer helped push Wyatt Teller off the roster.........so there is that.

I understand people who say that is all hindsight but when you reach for needs early in the draft...........especially at positions of modest $ value like guard or even right tackle........sh*t happens.

At least he is better than Cyrus Koundjio I guess.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

So, watching what D.K. Metcalf has done so far this season and listening to Russell Wilson, I was looking over the 2019 draft and was thinking about our picks. Metcalf went #64 - last player chosen in Round 2. We took Ed Oliver Round 1 and Cody Ford Round 2. 

Would we change anything? If we took Metcalf, probably not make the trade for Diggs? Is Metcalf more "valuable" than Oliver or Ford? Thoughts??

We mightve done a worse job developing metcalf than the Seahawks did too...these kind of comparisons are very difficult 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Ford will end up being an anchor on the O-line for a long time and everyone talking smack about him doesn't really understand how long it takes OL to develop.  Come on people how many times do we have to go through this?  if TBD was in charge of the draft we would only ever draft WRs, QBs, TEs, and RBs because obviously those are the only players a team needs to win.  This isn't Madden no matter how much our resident galaxy brain draft hindsighters want it to be

Did you stop perhaps to consider that it's not just DJ Metcalf, but perhaps has something to do with Russell Wilson helping him look good?

edit:  and I'll take Diggs over Metcalf all day long

Edited by dorquemada
peel back more stupid
  • Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It made sense to go with Oliver when they did.

It made no sense to pass on Metcalf for Cody Ford.

Might have seen a big jump in Josh's passing LAST year had they taken DK.

Also Ford being used as a guard last summer helped push Wyatt Teller off the roster.........so there is that.

I understand people who say that is all hindsight but when you reach for needs early in the draft...........especially at positions of modest $ value like guard or even right tackle........sh*t happens.

At least he is better than Cyrus Koundjio I guess.

This board just isnt the same without you spitting this sort of nonsensical fire. Im glad youre back!

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We mightve done a worse job developing metcalf than the Seahawks did too...these kind of comparisons are very difficult 

That's record time for the old "I love our coaching staff but we all know they can't develop players like everyone else" response.

Well played.:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't think he would be good because I thought he was a one trick pony.

Now I certainly wish we had him over Ford.

That was pretty much the universal theme at TBD, he can only lift weights and run in a straight line, he purposely didn't do the cone drill, etc etc etc

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Only a few of us were ahead of the curve on THAT pick.

What a brilliant fella you must be.  I would have picked Russel Wilson before he was picked, if he was one inch taller he would have been a top 10 pick imo.

So what awards do you and i get beyond useless bragging on an anonymous Bills chatroom.

• Like (+1) 1