What's your favorite nut?

Royale with Cheese

Don't be a db....legumes count.

I love pistachios.  The problem is they are expensive and I eat like 100 of them each time.  I eat it like sunflower seeds where I put the shell in my mouth, crack it open with my teeth and get the nut in my mouth....spit out the shell.   Of course the really difficult shells, I break it open with my fingers....I am not wasting a good nut.

What nuts do you guys like?

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

John Cleese.

On the edible side, I'm not sure I have a favorite, but I'd say almonds, filberts, and pistachios are high on the list.

I have pistachios as #1, followed by almonds. I have no idea what a filbert is, so I’ll go peanut as #3 at a place where I can have a beer and throw the shells on the floor. There is something liberating about that! 

For those who want to (or have to) go “there”, it’s like your kids......you can’t play favorites! 

Edited by Augie

Anyone ever tried boiled peanuts?  My wife (well my girlfriend at that time) and I were on our way to a weekend trip to Charleston.  We were about half way there, and we stopped at a gas station in the middle of nowhere.  Saw a sign for boiled peanuts.  Regular or Cajun.  

Neither of us had ever heard of boiled peanuts, so we asked the lady at the register if they were good.  She said (in a heavy southern accent) “They’re like peanuts, but they’re boiled.”  I still have never tried a boiled peanut 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

the humble peanut

without which, we wouldn't have peanut butter and therefore the Reese's peanut butter cup.

every other nut falls short

Yeah - I said walnuts....but it's really peanuts.

It's almost like when someone asks me who my favorite band is.  I take the Beatles out of the equation, because they're so far ahead that it isn't fair & it's not really that interesting to say them because they're so clearly the GOAT.

I'll revise my answer to peanuts.  I'm nothing without peanut butter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.