Proud to be a Democrat

On 10/9/2020 at 11:09 AM, SoTier said:

The rioting and looting happened back in May and June.  The suffering from Trump's politicization of the coronavirus response reminds voters every single day of his compete and total incompetence to deal with a crisis.

And nobody is suffering from Cuomo's, Newsome's, Whitmer's, etc. Draconian policies?  You would be amazed as to how focused somebody can be in assigning blame when some politician's pile of crap lands on their front door.  Of course you were probably sitting in a place economically where you were insulated from what was going on.  Pity that NYC stands in the way of the house cleaning Albany sorely needs.

MIAMI — Republicans typically hold a slight edge in absentee ballot returns in Florida elections. But this year, there’s been a stunning development.

For the first time ever at this stage of a general election, Democrats here are outvoting Republicans — and by a mammoth 384,000-vote margin through Tuesday.

Advertisement

The unprecedented early voting numbers have electrified Democrats in President Donald Trump’s must-win swing state, but Florida campaign veterans warn that it’s too early for the party to celebrate.

“There’s a big wave of Republicans coming. And frankly, that’s a data point that a lot of people tweeting about this fail to realize,” said Steve Schale, a Democratic operative in Florida who heads the pro-Biden super PAC Unite the Country.

“The numbers are pretty staggering for us and the return rates and the polling look good,” Schale said. “But there’s just a lot we don’t know.”

For starters, Republicans say their data show that they have 400,000 more high-propensity voters who have yet to cast ballots when compared to Democrats. Republicans have indicated to pollsters and the Trump campaign that they would rather vote in person.

“Voting in Florida is a marathon. And what you’re seeing is a bit of a sprint from the Democrats,” Trump’s Florida campaign director, Susie Wiles, said. “But we have far more high-propensity voters on our side. That should be noted in all the hype about the Democrats’ lead. We’re not finished. We’re turning our sights to early in-person voting and to Election Day.

The massive disparity, coupled with polling showing Biden marginally leading Trump here, have Democrats in a virtual swoon. Activists and consultants say it’s a sign that their side is more enthusiastic about turning out.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/14/florida-swing-states-428893

It's weird.

My family and my best friends are staunch Democrats.

You see, there are some normal people in the Democratic Party. 😁

My wife is the only person I know who is a Republican (I don't hold any political party. I am not even Independent. 🤓).

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It's weird.

My family and my best friends are staunch Democrats.

You see, there are some normal people in the Democratic Party. 😁

My wife is the only person I know who is a Republican (I don't hold any political party. I am not even Independent. 🤓).

Of course not, you're married. 

• Haha (+1) 1