Proud to be a Democrat

2 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Joe Biden has really rose to the occasion in this election. He is going to save hundreds of thousands of American lives and improve the lives of black and brown people.

I also want to thank Nancy Pelosi for her leadership these four years. With her policies working hand in hand with AOC in the progressive wing of the party we are going to change the world!

Climate Change! Equality! Morality! Health Care! 

Every republican should look themselves in the mirror and change parties. I am a democrat. I am on the right side of history!

The OP's post represents everything I've been arguing with my liberal friends and family.  Specifically, they believe they are morally and intellectually superior to everyone else and those that disagree with them are of low intelligence or suffering from some behavioral disorder or one of many character flaws.  I know this because when I challenge their views with this conclusion they have no answer. 

The truth is that when you reach a certain point in life you realize nothing is black and white.  There is no absolute good or absolute evil.  Or other extremes.  Everything around us resides in the gray areas in between.  Maybe if more people accepted that conclusion we'd all be better off?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, snafu said:

A significant number of moderates may vote for Biden, but they also may be put off by the fact that his running mate is in the top ten most left-leaning Senators (#8 by "progressive punch", #1 by "non-partisan" "yougov"). Especially this election, when Biden's age is an openly discussed factor.

Kamala Harris isn't the factor that Right Wingers think she is.  The 900 pound gorilla in the room is Covid-19 and Trump's failure to deal with it effectively.  The tens of millions of American voters who've been adversely affected by the continuing spread of the coronavirus aren't voting for the cretin who's maintained it's no worse than the seasonal flu and that they should just suck it up.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Driven women away in droves, energized the base to get out and vote, alienated whole parts of the population against Republicans to the point where the Democrats are on the verge of taking both House and the Presidency, not to mention state house and governorships are going Democratic, too. He is doing to the nation what Pete Wilson did to California, turning it blue. 

It was sarcasm I'm pretty sure

And all those young voters who are just getting into politics will have Trump has their memory of what the Republican Party stands for. It will take some work for the GOP to win them over, if they ever do. 

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I think all the rioting and looting and violence the left supported all summer will still be on the voters minds. There was so much damage done to the Democratic party when the governors and mayors refused to put an end to the chaos. I know the common theme is to blame Trump. But it was the governor's and mayors who refused help and ordered the police to stand down. That's the facts Jack. 

Just now, SoTier said:

Kamala Harris isn't the factor that Right Wingers think she is.  The 900 pound gorilla in the room is Covid-19 and Trump's failure to deal with it effectively.  The tens of millions of American voters who've been adversely affected by the continuing spread of the coronavirus aren't voting for the cretin who's maintained it's no worse than the seasonal flu and that they should just suck it up.

Just because you feel that way doesn't make it true. Think with your brain, not your emotions. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I think all the rioting and looting and violence the left supported all summer will still be on the voters minds. There was so much damage done to the Democratic party when the governors and mayors refused to put an end to the chaos. I know the common theme is to blame Trump. But it was the governor's and mayors who refused help and ordered the police to stand down. That's the facts Jack. 

The rioting and looting happened back in May and June.  The suffering from Trump's politicization of the coronavirus response reminds voters every single day of his compete and total incompetence to deal with a crisis.

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Sure, Covid-19 is a huge issue on this election. It certainly isn't the only issue, and an honest voter should see that while the Federal response could have been much better, so should the responses of each state.  Do you want Trump to be the ineffective criminal liar dictator who imposes his fascist will on all states at the same time, or not? 

Harris' credentials are also an issue.  Perhaps not 900 lbs, more like 650 lbs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The rioting and looting happened back in May and June.  The suffering from Trump's politicization of the coronavirus response reminds voters every single day of his compete and total incompetence to deal with a crisis.

I'm sorry to inform you,  it's still going on. The polls showed it was having a negative effect on Biden, so the news stopped covering it. 

That's false. When he shut down flights to china, Biden called him a xenophobe. Pelosi was telling people to come back to Chinatown. Cuomo was shipping sick old people into nursing homes. Deblasio was telling everyone to come on down and celebrate St. Patrick's day parade.

How is that Trumps fault?

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

But Trump has helped the Democratic p[arty so much. It's almost as if he is a Democrat he has helped us so much 

Happy Friday Westy 

Not sure what you're seeing, clouds I guess... 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

Just before Trump election in 2016, party affiliation was Republican 27%, Independent 39, and Democrat 30

For the record, going in to 2018 was Republican 29%, Independent 36, and Democrat 35

Here we are going in to the 2020 election at Republican 29%, Independent 40, and Democrat 30

So I think a good argument could be made it is in fact the Democrat Party that is bleeding off members while the Republican Party has grown.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

Not sure what you're seeing, clouds I guess... 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

Just before Trump election in 2016, party affiliation was Republican 27%, Independent 39, and Democrat 30

For the record, going in to 2018 was Republican 29%, Independent 36, and Democrat 35

Here we are going in to the 2020 election at Republican 29%, Independent 40, and Democrat 30

So I think a good argument could be made it is in fact the Democrat Party that is bleeding off members while the Republican Party has grown.

Republicans controlled all three branches of government in 2016 but could only pass tax cuts for the wealthy. Now they might lose all three and governorships and statehouses all over the land 

Thank you Donald, you have been good to the Democrats 🕺💋

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Republicans controlled all three branches of government in 2016 but could only pass tax cuts for the wealthy. Now they might lose all three and governorships and statehouses all over the land 

Thank you Donald, you have been good to the Democrats 🕺💋

Yeah, in honesty the Republicans did screw that up with Cryin' Bohner setting the stage for Paul Rhino for sure. As for losing more I think it's highly unlikely this year since I think it's the Democrats under Princess Pelosi that seems to be alienating people more.... We shall see...  

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Great thread.  I’m proud to stand for truth, dignity, and love of country.  Democrats stood for those things before Trump.  In this Trumpian world, however, we now stand alone on such issues.  I wish Trumpers put country before president.  I wish Trumpers loved democracy.  But I’m proud that I stand for such things, and hopefully we all will get back on the same page in the future.  

Say what you will about Trump.

This is absolutely the image that comes to mind when I hear Truth & Dignity 

3FCCAC1900000578-0-image-a-103_1493617274448.jpg

Edited by Dub

8 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Yeah, like that time Republicans took your slaves away.

stand back and stand by! 

7 hours ago, Dub said:

Say what you will about Trump.

This is absolutely the image that comes to mind when I hear Truth & Dignity 

3FCCAC1900000578-0-image-a-103_1493617274448.jpg

I figured you would think of stormy Daniels.  Interesting.