Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Strange that they released this tonight, with the caveat of “no new cases”...  

Why not just wait until tomorrow morning to see if the Titans predictably pour more gasoline on their dumpster fire of an organization?  

With the move to Tuesday, couldn’t they conceivably start the clock with tomorrow’s testing (confirmed on Saturday) and Saturday’s testing (confirmed on Sunday) and then let them practice Sunday afternoon and Monday? 

Is it test negative tomorrow or else?

Probably travel logistics for the bills. Plane and hotel, get that all squared up.

15 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Lord....the wailing and whining.....I hope the actual Bills team and coaches got more sack than most of the posters here....criminy...

If you're a Bills player to you want to go and play against a virus infected team at their stadium?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Is anyone even remotely confident that the titans are clean through Tuesday? I can’t see it happening. Let’s not forget they already had 2 days clean and then 2 more with positives. I’m not holding my breath thinking it stops today 

All depends on when they had their last illegal off site practice. If it was over the weekend, then maybe it stops soon. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

What happens when the they're clear tomorrow but Tannyhill or one of the Titan Up boys tests positive Saturday through Tuesday?

I think week 18 happens.  It may go longer than that. That’s just  my guess.

I feel for the Mods in these murky waters with no clear lines. This is a MESS for everyone, but it’s better than no football at all! You’ll never forget this season! This is like the Blizzard of ‘77 for football. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Apparently these days social media renders the NFL.com site out of date.  They should try to keep up 🤷‍♂️

Shefter is FAR faster than the dinosaurs running the league official website🤣

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gene1973 said:

I mean, it was known by everyone before the season started there would not be a bubble. The protocols were negotiated, 2 days of no positives and game on, etc. I don't really understand why so many if you are freaking out. NFL is doing what they said they would do.

They had two straight days of no positive tests and then suddenly had three positives in two days.  Whoever came up with that protocal might want to adjust to the data coming in.

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think week 18 happens.  It may go longer than that. That’s just  my guess.

I feel for the Mods in these murky waters with no clear lines. This is a MESS for everyone, but it’s better than no football at all! You’ll never forget this season! This is like the Blizzard of ‘77 for football. 

I also think it is inevitable. But I think the NFL is trying to delay that for as long as possible. Otherwise if they just start turfing games to week 18, they may have to add week 19 and push back the playoffs. 

I don't think Goodell deserves too much abuse for this (maybe for other things, though). They are in a very difficult situation. Teams have to be willing to go with the flow and adjust on the fly. They knew that coming into the season. There will be some changes that might give one team a slight advantage. But that's nothing new---happens with the schedule every year. You just deal with it.

If a situation like the Titans happens to another team, i fear the NFL may have to pause the season.

• Thank you (+1) 1