Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

38 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

They should move the Chiefs Bills game to the Monday night slot!

30 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Why not Monday at 6pm vs Tennessee?  There was a game this past Monday.  Oh that was higher echelon teams.  Oh and just saw Patriots v Denver are Monday such a joke.

Probably already been addressed, but the Chiefs play again the following Thursday. That's probably why, so they don't have reschedule even more games. 

Do we know the Sunday game time yet?  

I had the Chiefs schedule wrong. My bad.

Edited by The Dean

As Jack Nicklaus said....When he showed up at a tourney and heard other players complaining about the set up, weather, pin placements....whatever....he knew they weren’t gonna be a factor...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The key to this announcement is "if no more positives in Tennessee." 

What are the odds of that?  Surely they will get at least one more positive before Tuesday.

If they are going to strictly enforce this new rule, expect the game to be cancelled or moved to a very different spot on the calendar, and for us to play KC on Thursday night as originally planned.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Boy the NFL sure showed the Titans!

It will be interesting to see what player / coach suspensions are the result of the meetings.  They are already down 10-12 players not including suspensions or future positives.  I’m not sure if they will be able to field a full team.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The key to this announcement is "if no more positives in Tennessee." 

What are the odds of that?  Surely they will get at least one more positive before Tuesday.

If they are going to strictly enforce this new rule, expect the game to be cancelled or moved to a very different spot on the calendar, and for us to play KC on Thursday night as originally planned.

Ideally those come tomorrow or Saturday so we move the KC game back and proceed as planned.

2 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

It will be interesting to see what player / coach suspensions are the result of the meetings.  They are already down 10-12 players not including suspensions or future positives.  I’m not sure if they will be able to field a full team.

As long as they have 11 healthy they'd better play!

• Haha (+1) 1

His tweet was not ambiguous or confusing. #readingcomprehension

I am not fully on board with the 'they have 2 more days to game plan than we do so they have a massive advantage' train, but have fun on that ride.

Biggest issue in my opinion is day by day, they don't know who to game plan for. i am sure they are focusing on TEN, but I am also sure that someone in the building has been frantically prepping KC film as well. To another poster's point, I almost hope there is another positive, so the schedule can lock down and the team and get back to normal practice/game prep as they would on any normal week.

Edited by Westside Madness

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So if tomorrow we wake up to a positive for the Titans, is that game instantly canceled and schedule is back to us on TNF, or do we wait till closer to Tuesday?

If there's a positive tomorrow they can't have 2 days of of negatives and 2 days of practice. So the Bills should be playing KC on Thurs if there's a positive tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

If the Bills are a good team this won't matter...

This is a dumb thing to say. The bills could be a good team and still lose to the chiefs under normal circumstances.  The bottom line is there’s no way this situation can do anything but hurt us. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

All I want to know

is which way is up?

https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-player-tests-positive-covid-19-sunday-game-vs-bills-in-doubt

The league is reviewing and trying to concoct a pathway to play the game, but beyond adding an additional week at the end of the year, the options are thin.

Meanwhile, the NFL and the NFL Players Association are looking into multiple unauthorized workoutsinvolving Titans players since their facility closed on Sept. 29, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday.

The NFL sent a memo to the teams this week, noting that violations of the COVID-19 protocol could result in losing draft picks and potential forfeitures of games. While the league has tried to avoid the forfeit route thus far, it's possible it becomes the only option.

Just now, Motorin' said:

If there's a positive tomorrow they can't have 2 days of of negatives and 2 days of practice. So the Bills should be playing KC on Thurs if there's a positive tomorrow. 

Wonder if Vegas is taking wagers on this happening and if they did what the odds would be of another positive test tomorrow for Tenn.