Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

5 minutes ago, billsherd said:

We need Brown and Milano for this game. 

Indeed, but we need them healthy enough to be themselves...

Nerdulation, I went  back and looked at the injury reports and actives the first 5 weeks. 

13 players were listed as Questionable.  Of those, 7 played and 6 were inactive for the subsequent game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Brown and Milano going from full to limited feels like a punch in the gut and has me in a bad mood now.

I hear you.  Plus side might be that the coaches having dealt with this last week might have more answers than they did on Tuesday (wishful thinking, but still).

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Kroft has two game-winning touchdowns for us in big spots: on the road at Pittsburgh last year and this year against the Rams. His hands seem very reliable, and despite the PI, he really showed fight and tough catch ability on that "interception" against the Rams. He also wants to be a more impact player and has the hunger to contribute.

I grant you that.  I don't think Kroft fought for the ball as fiercely as he could have on the "interception"; on the other hand he may have felt as though he made a clean catch and went to the ground, which was, of course, the correct call.  Doubt he makes that mistake again.  Also think it quite possible Knox doesn't make that tough EZ TD catch Kroft hauled in like a Boss  - Knox missed a similar catch that hit his hands earlier this season and a ball where he had to jump but it hit his hands in the Titans game.

I would love for Kroft to be more of an impact player but as I've said elsewhere, he's getting a lot of snaps, and leaving me wondering "where in the hell is he?"  That may not be a knock on Kroft - the answer may be "Doing His 1/11" "exactly where he should be, doing what he's supposed to be doing". 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

How does Brown and Milano go from full practice all week to limited and now questionable 

I don’t see us even coming close to winning without both on the field. 

White is still questionable as well.  We don't need next man up for this game.  We need all hands on deck.  I'm hoping it was just a precautionary semi rest to keep them as healthy as possible.  We need all 3 of these guys if we expect to have a chance.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Brown and Milano going from full to limited feels like a punch in the gut and has me in a bad mood now.

I hear you.

If I'm guessing - Milano is probably a bit premature.  A strain is a minor, partial muscle tear to my understanding, and if there's pain after a full workout he may be at risk for re-injury if he plays full-out. 

Brown probably depends upon the specifics, but he has two more days to "get right" so he may be able to go.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

The titans couldn’t stop the run.   We couldn’t  run vs them

The raiders couldn’t stop the run.  We couldn’t run vs them.  

I don’t think this is going to change until we get mongo back.  Even then, it’s unlikely to change very much.  We have an OL made up of pass blockers that can’t run block for ****

Couldn’t? Or didn’t try? You have to commit to it from the beginning . It starts with Lee Smith being active and using someone as a FB.

24 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Couldn’t? Or didn’t try? You have to commit to it from the beginning . It starts with Lee Smith being active and using someone as a FB.

We tried.  Looking at the all-22, frankly the blocking is a mess.  Someone put up a Cover-1 piece about it in a dedicated thread.  I don't think a fullback and Lee Smith help very much when fundamentally the OL is getting whupped.

Daboll said as much in his presser when asked flat out why we couldn't run against the Titans who have been giving up beaucoup yards.  That guys have to hold their blocks.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We tried.  Looking at the all-22, frankly the blocking is a mess.  Someone put up a Cover-1 piece about it in a dedicated thread.  I don't think a fullback and Lee Smith help very much when fundamentally the OL is getting whupped.

Daboll said as much in his presser when asked flat out why we couldn't run against the Titans who have been giving up beaucoup yards.  That guys have to hold their blocks.

The guards have been bad...really bad 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

I’m guessing Josh Allen is a ‘Peaky Blinders’ fan.

tumblr_mthosbGLn41so0ng9o4_r1_250.gif (245×260) | Peaky blinder haircut, Peaky  blinders, Cillian murphy peaky blinders

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 2