Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

Dang. I’m flying Sunday during game.  Don’t land until 4p.  Going to miss the whole thing.  I’m not the type that can watch a game I know is over without skipping ahead. Booo.  Was hoping they would move it to the 4p hour at least.  

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

I also think it is inevitable. But I think the NFL is trying to delay that for as long as possible. Otherwise if they just start turfing games to week 18, they may have to add week 19 and push back the playoffs. 

I don't think Goodell deserves too much abuse for this (maybe for other things, though). They are in a very difficult situation.  Teams have to be willing to go with the flow and adjust on the fly. They knew that coming into the season. There will be some changes that might give one team a slight advantage. But that's nothing new---happens with the schedule every year. You just deal with it.

If a situation like the Titans happens to another team, i fear the NFL may have to pause the season.

I trust McD as much as any coach in the league to adapt on the fly and have his team ready. We shall see. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're a Bills player to you want to go and play against a virus infected team at their stadium?

Trying to back up and take a deep breath....

Everybody gets tested.  At any point, through something that's allowed under the NFL protocols like eating in a restaurant that follows local protocols or attending an allowed religious service, a guy you face off against could test positive the next day. That means there was a chance he was infected when playing against you.  The NFL Infection Control expert viewpoint is that contacts during a Tackle football game are too brief to pose an infection risk, but there's no certainty.   Players had all that explained and a chance to opt out pre-season.  It's very promising that there have been no positive tests on the Vikings and so far none on the Bills from squaring off against Hurst. 

I'm very glad the game is postponed 'til Tuesday to give more time for any positive tests to emerge, rather than saying "negative Friday, Saturday: Sunday GO!".  I think it's the right call to say "any more positive tests, It's Off on Tuesday."  I repeat: I think the NFL made the right call.

At some point, players and teams have to trust the infection control protocols that the league has put in place, do what they're supposed to do for their own infection control like mask up and wash hands, and then let go.  For those who are religious, "Let Go, and Let God".

As far as the Stadium, I doubt the Titans ever come near the visitor locker room and they haven't been in the stadium since Sept. 25th, before they travelled to Minny.  I trust our crew to clean the hell out of the visitor locker room and sideline and make sure it's safe.  I'm sure they'll do an extra-thorough job.  Just stay in the hotel and if you want local food, Grubhub, guys.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Ideally those come tomorrow or Saturday so we move the KC game back and proceed as planned.

The team has tested positive almost daily for a week plus. The abnormality is the day or two they didn’t add to their case count, not the days they did. 

Having zero new infections on Saturday is irrelevant. They should be subject to testing until the morning of the game. Any positive test is a forfeit. 

16 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

IMO the odds are good they have more positives...

What day was the Cheater* Style Practice? 

The Patriots* would have found a dome and blocked all electronic signals with help of the NSA. Put a video loop of people wearing masks in the facility, etc. The Titans are just amateurs! 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What if Sunday or Monday the titans player comes down with it? Still moved to Thursday? 

I don't think the Titans game is on the table to be moved to Thurs.

I think what was meant is, any more positive tests from the Titans and the game gets cancelled.

If the Bills-Titans game gets cancelled, the Bills-KC game goes back to Thursday.

Edit: this puts it more clearly

image.thumb.png.2d3113e1b799a7006a1b6b67588219dd.png

12 minutes ago, wjag said:

Dang. I’m flying Sunday during game.  Don’t land until 4p.  Going to miss the whole thing.  I’m not the type that can watch a game I know is over without skipping ahead. Booo.  Was hoping they would move it to the 4p hour at least.  

it should be moved to the Sun night game, or made a Monday night double header.   Playing it at 1 is ridiculous.  

Edited by RyanC883