Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Would love to see that too but this isnt the game we are likely to see our defense have a big game.  Its one of the best offenses in the NFL and we struggled to stop the Jets.

I am no fan of our 2020 defensive incarnation, but this is a huge reach.  

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Would love to see that too but this isnt the game we are likely to see our defense have a big game.  Its one of the best offenses in the NFL and we struggled to stop the Jets.

They didn’t score a TD until 5 min left in the 3rd qtr when the Bills were up 21-3. They scored the other one in garbage time with 54 seconds left down 14. I don’t remember them struggling to stop them.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

God, some of your perspectives on this game make me want to play in traffic. Try and ENJOY the game, not fear the results or take it as life and death. 

Go Bills! 

Man I’m so pumped we finally got a QB. To me we really look like the 2018 KC a offense that can score just a few pieces away from contending for a super bowl 

• Like (+1) 1

Praying for a big bounce back game here. We had less time to prep than the Chiefs, but this week was a bit more settled overall. Unlike last week with the sloppy penalties, hoping everyone is dialed in and focused for this one.  If you can’t get up for Monday Evening Football against the defending champs, then you never will (looking at you defense). 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They didn’t score a TD until 5 min left in the 3rd qtr when the Bills were up 21-3. They scored the other one in garbage time with 54 seconds left down 14. I don’t remember them struggling to stop them.

Wrong. The final box score said it was close! 

Context doesn’t matter! 

I hate that this game starts at 5 PM (4 PM where I am).

What the heck kind of start time is that for such a big game, even if it was delayed...

I'm more annoyed because the start of the game is when there's the most optimism. I don't want to pull my phone out after getting off work and seeing us down by several scores before half lol

And given how our defense is playing, I'm worried I'm going to miss the good stuff!

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

I hate that this game starts at 5 PM (4 PM where I am).

What the heck kind of start time is that for such a big game, even if it was delayed...

I'm more annoyed because the start of the game is when there's the most optimism. I don't want to pull my phone out after getting off work and seeing us down by several scores before half lol

And given how our defense is playing, I'm worried I'm going to miss the good stuff!

You know, I'm kinda getting annoyed with people saying the Chiefs are going to score a billion points against the Bills' defense. First off, BOTH starting CBs, including our best defender, were out, along with Matt Milano. John Brown being out also wasn't ideal. Tractorcito sending Norman to outer space was hilarious and the memes are great, but aside from that, he was held to around 3 yards per carry. Meanwhile, the Chiefs just gave up 40 points to the Raiders, who the Bills handled from start to finish, and haven't had any really impressive wins aside from beating down Baltimore, another pretty overrated team. They almost lost to the Chargers for God's sake. The prevailing narrative is the same as the old Jack Morris baseball trope, pitching to the score. The Chiefs apparently just don't care about winning against bad teams. Such nonsense, KC on the whole, has not looked good this year. Their defense has not looked good this year. Mahomes has not looked like top shelf Mahomes. To me, this game is pretty even, will be high scoring and a ton of fun to watch. 5 point dogs, pfffff. Garbage.

Mahomes and Allen are so similar in style, both very good rolling out of the pocket, both can connect on long bombs, and both can scramble for 5 to 10 yards when they don't have options. Josh needs to make good decisions this game. I gotta assume the fact that they were down for so much of the game caused him to press and make throws he normally wouldn't. Allen needs to make those mid range passes to Beasley when they are there before the second half starts.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/15/2020 at 10:19 AM, Greg S said:

4-1 vs 4-1. I am going to try and get home from work ASAP so I can watch most of the game. I may even leave work early because I am "sick". Cough cough.

I will record it and do like I did with Bills games last year(that are on TV) record and then watch it if they win delete it unwatched if they lose..If I had any REAL confidence in them id watch but I really dont.

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they were down 27-10 when they got their garbage TD. The spread this morning has the Bills as a 10 pt favorite vs the Jets. If the Bills lose today then I expect a blowout win next Sunday.

Edited by Greg S