Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

LOL.  Kim Jones from NFL-network asks Horrible Harry, "are you guys Nasty enough? I mean, the great DLs I've covered have all, Game day at least, they're pretty tough SOBs"

Phillips says "I would say that everyone's got a switch, without question"  "And you have that? You're convinced?"  HH: "Uh huh"

Next up: Muki Hawkins, congratulating HH on his MVP for his community efforts. Phillips really relaxes and lights up talking about his work with Special Needs kids

🤣🤣🤣  Way to convince Ms. Jones you're a Bad Man, Horrible. 

WTF does Kim Jones think Harry is gonna say in response to a question like that?  "Nah, we ain't tough, we're all a bunch of Softies"  "No, I actually don't think I flicker the Nast-o-meter enough"  "Yeah, I'm a BadAss MOFO, I go around kicking puppies all week and taking orphans' lunch money"

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/harrison-phillips-pressure-comes-in-bunches  2:35 into the interview

30 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The guards have been bad...really bad 

To the point where our guys are literally knocking each other over in the backfield sometimes, because Thing1 is getting knocked into Thing2.

Adding Thing3 and Thing4 (ie Lee Smith and a fullback) is not necessarily gonna help with that.

Here's a link to where I posted about what Daboll said when asked;

Basically he said Tennessee's DL had good fundamentals and shed blockers and made tackles.  The other side of that is our OL is getting shed off their blocks and letting the tackles be made.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

He’s horrendous. I’m in favor of Mongo at RG and Spain at LG once everyone is available.

Ford and Winters to the bench. They’re both just...woof 

Agree 100% !! 

What is the situation on the injury report ?? 
Anyone got any news ???

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

He’s horrendous. I’m in favor of Mongo at RG and Spain at LG once everyone is available.

😳

well, let’s see.. Winters was recently graded out as the best guard in the AFC by an nfl devoted website. 🤔Hmmmm.. who to trust? A professional organization devoted to such matters or thebandit... 

🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

😳

well, let’s see.. Winters was recently graded out as the best guard in the AFC by an nfl devoted website. 🤔Hmmmm.. who to trust? A professional organization devoted to such matters or thebandit... 

🤦‍♂️

Go watch the tape and get back to me.

PS—there’s a whole thread on this.

PPS—why does it ruffle your feathers so when I disagree with the coaching staff?

PPPS—if that’s “professional organization” was PFF, then 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I’ll take Mongo back in there for sure. Love his fire. But, I don’t see any way they bench Ford for Spain. I’d be shocked. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I’ll take Mongo back in there for sure. Love his fire. But, I don’t see any way they bench Ford for Spain. I’d be shocked. 

I don’t think they will... I just think they should based on the two players respective performances thus far.

• Like (+1) 1

not too concerned about this game in a Win/Loss standpoint 

I just don't want to get blown out and embarrassed again, and want to see Allen have a good game. That will give me confidence for the rest of the season. The patriots game in 2 weeks is 10x more important. Losing that game is unacceptable.  

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Problem with Spain is that he has struggled with pass protection, which is why he was benched. Watch the Miami game again and you’ll see he almost got Josh killed several times. So, what’s the lesser of two evils: Ford’s run blocking or Spain’s pass blocking? Factoring in the importance of Josh’s health, I think it’s the former. 

Mongo can’t return soon enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Problem with Spain is that he has struggled with pass protection, which is why he was benched. Watch the Miami game again and you’ll see he almost got Josh killed several times. So, what’s the lesser of two evils: Ford’s run blocking or Spain’s pass blocking? Factoring in the importance of Josh’s health, I think it’s the former. 

Mongo can’t return soon enough. 

Yeah, I hear you. I’m hopeful that Ford can step up his game. He really has had moments, but they’ve been too few and far between for my liking.

Not sure what happened to Spain—maybe getting paid resulted in him slacking a bit, but he was solid last year.

Anyway, the guards are a problem in the run game right now.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so presumably if we're getting some injured folks back and IF Frazier can get this D refocused, can we bounce back from the stinker with a formidable showing at home or resign ourselves to two L's in a row?.....

The truth is that, if we have those key players in Milano and Tre back,  if they can’t show a good amount of improvement over last week, we should definitely evaluate Frazier’s employment as a defensive coordinator. If that wasn’t a wake up call, there just won’t be one. McDermott will, or at least should, put his stamp on the D and make changes since Tuesday to mitigate some of the flaws. I believe not having a 2nd OLB that belongs in a starting role has been more than a problem. Klein is not a solution in the least. That needs to be addressed.

• Like (+1) 1