Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Great clip, YOLO, THANKS!

I had the feeling there might be more to what Johnathan Abram had to say

Any idea how/where I could find the full interview?

He sounded like he had a lot more to say about and a lot more respect for Mahomes.  Of course,  being in the same conference, he's already played the Chiefs 3x and likely heard more about them and Mahomes from his teammates, not to mention seen Mahomes on national TV.  

This is the first time the Raiders have played the Bills since 2017.   And of course, Josh's national TV appearances to date have been a mixed bag - a great game against Dallas, mixed bag against Pittsburgh and Houston, some good things but overall bad game on Tues.

Edit: OK I found it on the SiriusXM App: Sports in 60, "Moving the Chains 10/15/2020", it's about 48 minutes in

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Great clip, YOLO, THANKS!

I had the feeling there might be more to what Johnathan Abram had to say

Any idea how/where I could find the full interview?

He sounded like he had a lot more to say about and a lot more respect for Mahomes.  Of course,  being in the same conference, he's already played the Chiefs 3x and likely heard more about them and Mahomes from his teammates, not to mention seen Mahomes on national TV.  

This is the first time the Raiders have played the Bills since 2017.   And of course, Josh's national TV appearances to date have been a mixed bag - a great game against Dallas, mixed bag against Pittsburgh and Houston, some good things but overall bad game on Tues.

I will look - might need a subscription which I don’t have :cry:

48 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I am so very disappointed in this year’s defense.  I’m worried that KC will put up 50+

They will rebound. 

KC will still put up around 30pts, but we need to expect that. If we can keep KC to around 30 and our offense rebounds we have a solid shot of winning. 31-35 type deal. 

The defense got embarrassed last week. Hopefully they come out with a bit more fire this Monday. 

Edited by bobobonators

9 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

They will rebound. 

KC will still put up around 30pts, but we need to expect that. If we can keep KC to around 30 and our offense rebounds we have a solid shot of winning. 31-35 type deal. 

The defense got embarrassed last week. Hopefully they come out with a bit more fire this Monday. 

And a bit more talent on the field.

The 5:00 time slot is dumb. 👎 I get it from a marketing and broadcast standpoint,  but it really deals a blow to many fans’ game day routines and deflates the excitement (for some, I’m sure). I am of the lucky group that get out of work early enough (3:00) to not feel rushed and get to experience SOME resemblance of my rituals. 

Maybe I’m being dramatic, but after two straight weeks of these random prime time slots, I’m itching for my wheel-house 1:00 Sunday slot ASAP! 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

They will rebound. 

KC’s defense isn’t as bad as some fans are claiming 

they will be ready for our offense. Allen needs to have the best game of his career if we want to win. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Damn these Titans for dampening my enthusiasm for this game. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited to see how we measure up, but I’ve been taken down a peg after that beat down on Tuesday. Prior to the Titans game, I thought we could hang with anyone. I was riding high. Hopefully, that was a temporary set back caused by an uncertain schedule in an otherwise exemplary 2020 season. 

22 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

KC’s defense isn’t as bad as some fans are claiming 

they will be ready for our offense. Allen needs to have the best game of his career if we want to win. 

I live in KC and theyre basicaly my second team by default. Their defense is pretty bad. 

The Rams’ defense is much better and we put up 35pts on them. But i agree Allen will have to have another 350yd 4 total touchdown game for us to win probably. 

11 hours ago, bobobonators said:

They will rebound. 

For definitions of "a bit more fire" equal to "an M2 Flamethrower vs a Bic lighter", I hope you're right

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, bobobonators said:

They will rebound. 

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

And a bit more talent on the field.

The loss wasn't about a loss of fire.  It was about a loss of talent from the starting lineup.  And Josh reverted partially to the old Josh which didn't help.

The only way we win against KC is if we keep our end in a shootout.  Everyone is talking about the defense; it's the offense that will have to perform if we are to win.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

The loss wasn't about a loss of fire.  It was about a loss of talent from the starting lineup.  And Josh reverted partially to the old Josh which didn't help.

The only way we win against KC is if we keep our end in a shootout.  Everyone is talking about the defense; it's the offense that will have to perform if we are to win.

I think all three phases of the game need to show up.

• Thank you (+1) 2