Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Got to stop the self inflicted wounds. One that needs to stop is the Drops. 

Wondering where we were before the Titans game.  

Seemed the WRs were doing a good job and then come Tennessee the Monstars came in and stole all our football powers... injuries, drops, penalties.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Wondering where we were before the Titans game.  

Seemed the WRs were doing a good job and then come Tennessee the Monstars came in and stole all our football powers... injuries, drops, penalties.  

I have no problems chalking it up to something like that.... i just remember sitting there and saying over and over to my wife that i didnt even recognize the team i was watching.

• Like (+1) 1

Figure Tuesday we ran up against a team that had that "Us Against the World" mentality. Plus Bills just didn't seem like they wanted to play. I'll put that one up as an aberration and could have gone either way, unfortunately it went the wrong way.

Saying that though, this is the game I thought Buffalo would get it handed to them. The defense hasn't played well the last few games and going against one of the best offenses in the league, we're in trouble.

36-24 Chiefs

All hell breaks loose on TBD next week as Buffalo loses two in a row. Fire all the coaches, Beane needs to go, Allen sucks, better start tanking for Trevor. All things we'll see on this board Tuesday morning.

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I have no problems chalking it up to something like that.... i just remember sitting there and saying over and over to my wife that i didnt even recognize the team i was watching.

Everything went wrong. It was really one of those games. They were missing several key players but still, it was so much more than that. Seemed to really go awry at the end, with the Roberts fumble, etc. They had so many short fields. Total team loss. Allen played well enough to win if the D showed up, but not at same level as previous games. Definitely a huge wake up call. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Realist said:

Figure Tuesday we ran up against a team that had that "Us Against the World" mentality. Plus Bills just didn't seem like they wanted to play. I'll put that one up as an aberration and could have gone either way, unfortunately it went the wrong way.

Saying that though, this is the game I thought Buffalo would get it handed to them. The defense hasn't played well the last few games and going against one of the best offenses in the league, we're in trouble.

36-24 Chiefs

All hell breaks loose on TBD next week as Buffalo loses two in a row. Fire all the coaches, Beane needs to go, Allen sucks, better start tanking for Trevor. All things we'll see on this board Tuesday morning.

This is how I am leaning too (however I can see US having that same type of performance the Titans had on Tuesday when we play the chiefs, "home dogs" "they doubt us" and we play with our hair on fire), and if we do drop two in a row you are right, itll be the end of the world around here/and we fall from grace.

But then we have a get right game against the Jets and then HUGE division tilt and we smack down the Patriots and all is right with the world. 

However, imagine we beat the Chiefs, smack the Jets and are 6-1 going against the Patriots.....oooooooooo boy! Lets have some of that.

- I do think our offense can hang with the Chiefs, a couple INT's/bad special teams plays (ya know, like what happened to us Tuesday) and this game could get out of hand the OTHER way and the Chiefs fall from grace. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Realist said:

36-24 Chiefs

..... and then tassstttyyyy little get right game against the jets...

This is the type of game where the losers fan base is going to go nuts and claim the season is over.  Of course last year the Chiefs lost 2 in a row on their way to a Super Bowl win and back in 1992 the Bills, on their way to their 3rd SB, lost 37 - 10 to Miami and 20 - 3 to Oakland in back to back weeks.

It's a long season and if we win 11 games in the regular season it was a success.  If we win 12 or more it was a spectacular success.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Based on your posting history, you’re going to have a tough slog convincing folks that you don’t want to say it.

I'm sorry i'm not part of the delusional group of fans who thinks this is a 11-13 win team lol 

I think this is a 9/10 win team at best, I don't see us making much noise in the playoffs with this defense. I said that from the start of the season (except I thought the offense would hold us back this year)  

Edited by Penfield45

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

I'm sorry i'm not part of the delusional group of fans who thinks this is a 11-13 win team lol 

I think this is a 9/10 win team at best, I don't see us making much noise in the playoffs with this defense. I said that from the start of the season (except I thought the offense would hold us back this year)  

No need to apologize for skepticism; the point is that you’ve never been reluctant to say that you don’t think they’re very good...so I doubt that you’re reluctant to say it now.

The Bills were going to have one of these wake up call games along the way.  Inevitable, and probably necessary.  I expect a strong response on Monday in essentially a pick em game.  The panic from the fans this week was as predictable as the Bills getting spanked at some point. They will be fine.  

Bills win 34-32.  Go Bills. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is 6.5?

gone from 3.5 to 4 and 4.5 over the last day on the sites i use

6 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

if this team wins ten games with this gauntlet of a schedule then they are completely capable of making noise in the playoffs..... and will. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

I think it's gonna be a tough sell to convince folks here that "you're sorry" about that either.  Hint: referring to people who disagree as "delusional" gives that away.

You're entitled to your opinion "this will be another blowout loss on national TV".   The response was just to the assertion "I don't wanna say it but" you prefaced it with.

Based on your posting history, we're all entitled to believe you want to say it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

gone from 3.5 to 4 and 4.5 over the last day on the sites i use

if this team wins ten games with this gauntlet of a schedule then they are completely capable of making noise in the playoffs..... and will. 

If the Bills can stay healthy they have a shot. The depth at a few positions not good. The main thing is to finally have a  franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, FLFan said:

The Bills were going to have one of these wake up call games along the way.  Inevitable, and probably necessary.  I expect a strong response on Monday in essentially a pick em game.  The panic from the fans this week was as predictable as the Bills getting spanked at some point. They will be fine.  

Bills win 34-32.  Go Bills. 

From your mouth to Gods ears!  Though while you're asking, could you request a larger margin of victory?

If I'm recalling correctly, the Bills in the Superbowl Years would get spanked, I mean really uncharacteristically spanked, at least once a season.

Maybe it's psychology that even if you say all the right stuff to other people about "a lot we need to clean up" "not where I want to be yet" "lot I can improve", after a certain amount of success part of you stops believing it and starts thinking you can just walk in and do what you do.

Then you get a reality check and it's back to the grind.

I don't like it that pregame, Josh said he would be talking to Mahomes about arranging a charity throw-off at a later time.  IMHO, distraction and he should be all business, 100% focused, before the game.

[Edit to clarify talking pregame, about a throw-off some other time]

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is the type of game where the losers fan base is going to go nuts and claim the season is over.  Of course last year the Chiefs lost 2 in a row on their way to a Super Bowl win and back in 1992 the Bills, on their way to their 3rd SB, lost 37 - 10 to Miami and 20 - 3 to Oakland in back to back weeks.

It's a long season and if we win 11 games in the regular season it was a success.  If we win 12 or more it was a spectacular success.

I don’t think we need to panic after all it’s the chiefs. I will be concerned if we don’t show up and give them a game.

But  I will ok with 6-2 after 8. If we don’t get past the chiefs I see a big matchup in two weeks from now vs the pats where the storyline will be “Is it our time to take over the Afc East”. Probably will be for first place as well in the division.

• Like (+1) 1