Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Look at it this way.... do you “expect” the Bills to win the SB this year? If not, just watch and have fun. They will win more games and they will lose more games. Hopefully they get into the playoffs again and from there anything can happen. 

I honestly thought/think we have a shot.  We have a SB caliber offense.  

I think if you would have told any of us that our offense would be this good heading into the season, we’d all think we were absolutely SB contenders. 

Obviously, if the defense doesn’t, at least, become respectable, we’re more along the lines of playoff/division contender in a loaded AFC.  

My frustration more resides in the fact we have a Defensive-minded HC who has been given the ability to use high draft picks on that side of the ball, along with spend a good amount of $$$ there.    

It feels like that side of the ball is stealing money right now.   This isn’t a Jets incompetence or 49ers injury situation.  This is a Dallas Cowboys, defense is inexplicably bad, situation.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Me, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have qualms, but either we are who McDermott says we are, a resilient football team who got knocked down but will get up again and come back better, or we aren’t.  We’ll find out.

This is exactly the way I see this. It will be interesting to see which Bills team shows up. I have the feeling they will at least come out stronger at the beginning. And Josh Allen is not going to give up.

There’s a way to beat KC.  score 40. if you’re the coaches do anything in your power to scheme our way to 40 points.  chunk plays, special teams, Josh scrambling,  creating turnovers, whatever.  because there’s zero chance we hold the Chiefs to under 30.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Look at it this way.... do you “expect” the Bills to win the SB this year? If not, just watch and have fun. They will win more games and they will lose more games. Hopefully they get into the playoffs again and from there anything can happen. 

Amen! Best mindset to have. 👍

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I just don’t see how we win this game. If we can’t stop Fitzpatrick, how are we going to stop Mahomes? 

Raiders couldn't stop Allen but did ok against Mahomes.  Belichick did it as well.  I would not be surprised with any result.  I doubt the Bills blow them out but Andy Reid has coached some duds and with Watkins hurt maybe the Bills D plays well.  That said if the Bills got blown out I would not be surprised either especially if White is out again.  

12 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I just don’t see how we win this game. If we can’t stop Fitzpatrick, how are we going to stop Mahomes? 

KC isn't playing all that great either. Lost to the Raiders, probably lose to the Pats if Cam plays, and only beat the Chargers 23-20 in OT. This game is definitely winnable but the Bills will probably have to score at least 35 though (IMHO).

• Like (+1) 1

Im predicting a Bills win if John Brown and TreDay are healthy enough to be effective.  

We always play differently without Milano as well and Edmunds is obviously playing hurt.

We could really use a bye week right now, instead we are on a short week playing the superbowl champs.

If Daboll is truly as good as the hype says he is, this will be his week to show it to the nation.  

• Like (+1) 1