Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

The Chiefs, and Pats almost beat the Chiefs, and yesterday as great as the Chiefs have played, Mahomes had happy feet as Virgil mentioned, and my point is simply it is not that we will beat the Chiefs, but they can be beaten.  Beating the Titans though would be fun going into Monday.  I thought it was cool they added a day of rest for the Bills.

47 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

As I typed it, I couldn't help but think to myself damn this is a straight rainbows, lollipops and sunshine type prediction...but my heart did the typing, not my mind....but that's what popped out, so I'm sticking to it!! 🙂  

(It could very well happen though!)

We can only hope right?  Good luck and GO BILLS!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Actually I think we will be bringing our A game.  No the Chiefs didnt play their best ball yesterday.   However, after their first loss in a while, you tend to see people re focus and work even harder, so I expect to see a fired up Chiefs team...losing will do that to competitive people.  Not sure why you think this is hard to comprehend

My point is that the Bills must have a giant Chip on their Shoulder at being asked by the NFL to game plan for 2 teams at once and then go play a team having a covid-19 outbreak, so they should be fired-up as well.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My point is that the Bills must have a giant Chip on their Shoulder at being asked by the NFL to game plan for 2 teams at once and then go play a team having a covid-19 outbreak, so they should be fired-up as well.

I actually talked about that in another thread.  I believe in our coach and you bet he used all that is happening as a way to rally, create focus and motivate his guys.  I expect nothing less from this staff.. Finally we have good coaching and FO.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

As the season went on I had a good feeling about the Bills being competitive in this game. At first when the Raiders beat the Chiefs, I was psyched because it means we had a better chance than we did a week or two ago. Then I sat with it and realized that good teams rarely lose twice in a row. I think the Chiefs losing this week makes the next one a bit less probable. 

...Or maybe I just need to shake of the 2000's from my memory. 

So are you saying the Bills should lose tomorrow night then?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mango said:

As the season went on I had a good feeling about the Bills being competitive in this game. At first when the Raiders beat the Chiefs, I was psyched because it means we had a better chance than we did a week or two ago. Then I sat with it and realized that good teams rarely lose twice in a row. I think the Chiefs losing this week makes the next one a bit less probable. 

...Or maybe I just need to shake of the 2000's from my memory. 

I tend to think the reason good teams rarely lose 2 in a row is because good teams rarely lose, period. If football games were as simple as throwing dice each game would be a discrete outcome, with the probability of one completely unaffected by the previous outcome. With sports I don’t think you can completely discount the psychological effects of a loss on the players, and injuries that happen one game can have impacts that carry over to the next, but I still think the “good teams don’t lose 2 in a row” thing as a product of extra motivation or focus is overstated, if it exists. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I tend to think the reason good teams rarely lose 2 in a row is because good teams rarely lose, period. If football games were as simple as throwing dice each game would be a discrete outcome, with the probability of one completely unaffected by the previous outcome. With sports I don’t think you can completely discount the psychological effects of a loss on the players, and injuries that happen one game can have impacts that carry over to the next, but I still think the “good teams don’t lose 2 in a row” thing as a product of extra motivation or focus is overstated, if it exists. 

That is fair. Just tried looking up some numbers on it, and most what I found was Pats specific. But I would assume that is the same for a team who wins 12ish games in a season. Pats Brady/BB have only a slightly higher win % after a loss as they do .776 vs. .766.

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Mango said:

That is fair. Just tried looking up some numbers on it, and most what I found was Pats specific. But I would assume that is the same for a team who wins 12ish games in a season. Pats Brady/BB have only a slightly higher win % after a loss as they do .776 vs. .766.

That’s a one percent difference. Even if the sample size is the entire Brady/Belichick era, I’d be surprised if that was statistically significant due to the small number of games played in a football season and they’re the team most known for the not losing 2 in a row thing. 

1 minute ago, Chandemonium said:

That’s a one percent difference. Even if the sample size is the entire Brady/Belichick era, I’d be surprised if that was statistically significant due to the small number of games played in a football season and they’re the team most known for the not losing 2 in a row thing. 

That is what I was implying. I was agreeing with your point. Good team losing more than 4-ish games per year has about the same win percentage after a loss as they do on any other Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

That is what I was implying. I was agreeing with your point. Good team losing more than 4-ish games per year has about the same win percentage after a loss as they do on any other Sunday. 

I know. I was getting at the stats being even more telling than I would’ve thought. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Actually I think we will be bringing our A game.  No the Chiefs didnt play their best ball yesterday.   However, after their first loss in a while, you tend to see people re focus and work even harder, so I expect to see a fired up Chiefs team...losing will do that to competitive people.  Not sure why you think this is hard to comprehend

Or they could be shaken at having lost their invincibility aura as Superbowl Champs that were kicking butt. And scenario A or B... they are grown men that have proven to be mentally tough. Momentum from a game rarely goes to the next anyway. Last year the few losses they got were in a row... and they ended the season as Champs. What I like though., is the Raiders did show the Bills coaches things to focus on. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

So, Josh said they definitely should not do the distance challenge the week of the Chiefs game. Seems Mahomes still wants to make this happen...

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/12/patrick-mahomes-josh-allen-chiefs-bills-83-yards/

This is something they should do during the off season.  Could you imagine one of them injured their arm over something like this?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

This is something they should do during the off season.  Could you imagine one of them injured their arm over something like this?

Completely agree. In fact, I think this is something they should do when they are done playing football. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

While it wouldn’t be an official competition, does anyone think each QB will air out at least one deep one? And I’m not talking 45 yards, but try to hit someone in stride 65 yards? That’s tough to do because you generally wouldn’t have time for that, but I can see each of them trying at least one really deep one 

• Like (+1) 1